Metal Storm logo
Amon Amarth - Cancels Scandinavian Shows

Amon Amarth has posted the following message on their official web site:

"We have been offered to join Children Of Bodom on their North American tour in December and therefore we have been forced to postpone the Scandinavian leg of our headlining tour.
Of course this is not a perfect scenario for us, as we hate to pospone shows and were really looking forward to playing in Gothenburg, Oslo and Stockholm. However, we will do an extended Scandinavian tour in Jan - Feb, dates and venues will be announced soon.
We are also working on other countries that have been left out from the November European tour for early next year."

For all upcoming Amon Amarth tour dates, click here

The Swedish viking death metal metallers' sixth full-length album, "With Oden On Our Side" is scheduled for release in Europe on September 25 (September 22 in Germany, Austria and Switzerland) via Metal Blade Records. The CD was recorded at Fascination Street studios in Örebro, Sweden with producer Jens Bogren.

Source: amonamarth.com
Band profile: Amon Amarth
Posted: 20.09.2006 by TheSlaughter

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 2 users
20.09.2006 - 20:03
Warman
Erotic Stains
That really sucks because I was going!
----
20.09.2006 - 21:11
Muskot
Account deleted
Moget att ställa in... -.-*
21.09.2006 - 06:25
TheSlaughter
Account deleted
Gay... ditching wintersun and Tyr for Bodom...

se--sel--sello--sellou---... I... I cant say it... its Amon Amarth... I just cant bring myself to say it.
21.09.2006 - 20:29
Destryphior

oh, Hope thay will come to Finland now..
23.09.2006 - 20:38
Bengans
Account deleted
I just wish that Wintersun will still be playing with them on the extended Scandinavian tour!
05.10.2006 - 02:10
Metal_Drummer
Account deleted
LOL Ha! im going to see them in december with children, really fucking excited for it too, sorry for all you people out there who got there shows postponed but how does that make them sellouts? jesus they got invited to go on a tour with children which are really sick and on childrens last tour they were fucking awsome, just because they could get a lot more poblicity while touring here doesnt mean they are sellouts at all, its not like they are playing huge ass arenas now or that they are seuing napster for free music!!(haha) anyway, thats just my opinion
05.10.2006 - 05:46
Jason W.
Razorbliss
It's always a disappointment when a band cancels shows, but from the message it seems like they will be rescheduled, and not too far in the distance. Regarding last year's tour with CoB, Amon Amarth was masterful on stage, but was given a meager 35 minutes to play. As I despise Trivium and think that CoB's last CD is terrible, I really wasn't impressed with the rest of the show. Amon Amarth deserves a headline tour or a tour with a better band, but I'll take a chance to see them anytime I can get.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley

Hits total: 2312 | This month: 9