Metal Storm logo
Metallica - Collaboration Project With Lou Reed

Metallica has revealed more details regarding their "secret recording project". Turns out the band is releasing a collaboration album with none other than the legendary Lou Reed.

Metallica released the following piece of news: "A few months ago our own Kirk Hammett hinted at a new Metallica project that's "not really 100 percent a Metallica record." While Kirk may have jumped the gun a little (and has since been properly punished with a series of push-ups!), we are more than proud to announce that we have just completed recording a full-length album that is a collaboration with none other than the legendary Lou Reed.

Ever since we had the pleasure of performing with Lou at the 25th Anniversary of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at Madison Square Garden in October of 2009, we have been kicking around the idea of making a record together. Some of you astute Bay Area residents may have picked up news of recent Lou Reed sightings in the greater San Francisco area and we have indeed been working at our home studio at HQ on and off over the last few months. In what would be lightning speed for a Metallica related project, we recorded ten songs during this time and while at this moment we're not exactly sure when you'll hear it, we're beyond excited to share with you that the recording sessions wrapped up last week."

"A true innovator and easily one of the most influential songwriters, musicians, and performers in rock music history, Lou's work with the Velvet Underground and as a solo artist has such an enduring quality that he has long been revered and respected by us and many of our peers. We can't wait for you to listen to the finished record, so as we like to hear ourselves say around here, keep watching this spot for updates... we'll be back with more details as they come together."

Source: metallica.com
Band profile: Metallica
Posted: 16.06.2011 by Account deleted

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 21   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 295 users
16.06.2011 - 11:48
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Wow, if only they could be so fast making their own proper albums!

I dunno what to make of this... I will check it out anyways. Should be interesting if nothing else. lol
16.06.2011 - 12:27
Kingface
Could be interesting.
16.06.2011 - 14:45
flamesoficarus
Looks like Jason with a half-arsed disguise...
16.06.2011 - 15:10
Metal Invader
Written by Angelic Storm on 16.06.2011 at 11:48

Wow, if only they could be so fast making their own proper albums!

I dunno what to make of this... I will check it out anyways. Should be interesting if nothing else. lol

Yea i totally agree with you
16.06.2011 - 16:55
Arcticus
Written by flamesoficarus on 16.06.2011 at 14:45

Looks like Jason with a half-arsed disguise...

16.06.2011 - 17:11
Huntteri
Wait what? are they screaming boo when Lou takes the guitar?
16.06.2011 - 17:19
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Interesting..

wait, that's a romanian flag in the background
16.06.2011 - 18:19
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
I can tell this will be Metallica's best album in years, or their worst yet.
16.06.2011 - 19:03
Xim
Rocker of Worlds
My guess is that they're gonna go back to something like Load, but more respectable because they're saying it's "not really 100 percent a Metallica record" and it's with a highly renowned musician.
16.06.2011 - 20:34
warrior_of_ice
Wtf is this? terrible...
16.06.2011 - 21:06
Huntteri
Written by Xim on 16.06.2011 at 19:03

My guess is that they're gonna go back to something like Load, but more respectable because they're saying it's "not really 100 percent a Metallica record" and it's with a highly renowned musician.

yeah that was a really smart move! If the album sucks donkey balls, we can always say:"well it wasn't an offical full-length, so who gives a fuck" I mean this is just a way to make a tribute to a great artist, and by saying that this isn't a 100% metallica release doesn't make us want this to be a new master of puppets, because all it really is just a tribute album.

And no one gave a fuck that day...
16.06.2011 - 22:49
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
*watches as Metallica desperately tries to appeal to the ever-growing hipster demographic*
16.06.2011 - 23:23
SlaytanicGonzo
Doesn't seem so bad. I like the fact that they wrote and recorded it quickly, just like the older albums were made. Still, I don't expect a Thrash album, not even a Metal album. As long as the songs are good, way to go.
16.06.2011 - 23:28
Void Eater
Account deleted
Written by ScreamingSteelUS on 16.06.2011 at 17:59

Oh man, my dad is going to love this!

My dad walked by me while I was watching the Metallica/Lou Reed performance at the R&R Hall of Fame on T.V, and said, "This is awful!"
17.06.2011 - 01:58
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Expecting Rock record only! Phew!!!

\m/
17.06.2011 - 18:24
nb
The song on the video was very boring.
20.06.2011 - 05:53
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 16.06.2011 at 22:49

*watches as Metallica desperately tries to appeal to the ever-growing hipster demographic*

Maybe I'll sound a bit ignorant (or a lot), but when I saw the news title and even after reading the whole news, the only thing I could think about was:

"WHO THE FUCK IS LOU REED?!?"

Ejem, sorry, I had to get that out of me...
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
20.06.2011 - 15:49
Warman
Erotic Stains
I have no idea what to think of this. I'll just have to wait and see (hear).
----
19.09.2011 - 22:38
John Shock
Written by Warman on 20.06.2011 at 15:49

I have no idea what to think of this. I'll just have to wait and see (hear).

I agree, but i'm expecting nothing but shit from them!
19.09.2011 - 22:50
John Shock
Whats the name of this song? ...actually it's kinda funny ...
19.09.2011 - 22:50
John Shock
Whats the name of this song? ...actually it's kinda funny ...

Hits total: 4253 | This month: 8