05. Distress
06. Dreamscape
07. A Wanderer's Star

Top 20 albums of 2004: 9
Top 200 albums of all time: 190

Staff review by
Azhidahak
Rating:
Slumber is a half Swedish half Persian atmospheric death/doom metal band based in Sweden. After releasing two demo's they have now given out their first debut full length album Fallout.

The album starts with the opening track Rapture, a mid-paced song with a melancholic atmosphere and depressive touch, almost leaning towards gothic/doom and the gothic influences are much clearer in the end of the song when we hear some backup female vocals (almost orchestral). The second track is more melodic and the guitar work immediately reminds me of mid-period Katatonia and the Katatonia influences are crystal clear. The overall atmosphere and feeling of this album also reminds me a bit of Rapture.

Read more ››
published 20.12.2004 | Comments (20)

Found in 40 lists
Top lists

Comments page 2 / 2

Comments: 32   Visited by: 1053 users
24.11.2021 - 16:18
Rating: 9
nonZero

Such a great album. I didn't used to enjoy doom metal very much until this band introduced me to the melodic doom subgenre.

9.3/10 for me - Conflict is the best track, Rapture and A Wanderer's Star are also fantastic, and all other tracks are great IMO.
----
Top 500 Albums (ordered & rated)
Top 200 Overlooked Albums (with genres)
So I Heard You Like Wintersun... (Time II find new bands)
15.03.2022 - 08:17
Rating: 7
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
It's a good album, but I don't find it great, it has some nice atmospheric parts, and with a touch of melody. It reminds me of a more melodic version of Katatonia, the way the mid tempo riffs develop into a slightly depressive atmosphere.

Hits total: 21874 | This month: 57