Don't Want, Don't Believe Me
Blood For Blood
Demons
All That Has Been
Follow Me

Staff review by
Pierre Tombale
Rating:
From behind the Iron Curtain has risen a band that plays heavy metal like Iron Maiden once did, called Aria (Ария). The result is amazing, you feel strongly reminded of that certain sound of the New Wave Of British Heavy Metal heroes, but at the same time you know you're listening to a different band from different country and adifferent background. The striking difference is that Aria sing in their native russian language, but that only proves there is some metal out there to be played far from the global masses, but it's quite as good as the stuff you get in your record stores. You don't even need to understand a word of it, so do I.

Read more ››
published 19.02.2004 | Comments (3)

Found in 7 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 233 users
27.07.2011 - 18:31
Rating: 9
The Galactician

I came across this album by perusing the Top 20 list for 1991. I'd never heard of these guys before and was super impressed with this record. The Maiden comparison is the obvious one, but they also remind me a lot of some of older Metal Blade bands like Warlord, Omen, Fates Warning (early years), etc. Very cool.
25.06.2014 - 16:49
Panzerfrost

Has anyone noticed that these guys using the same riffs as Iron Maiden, Manowar, Black, Sabbath, Judas Priest, Ozzy Osbourne had already used? I'm speaking about all the albums of this Russian heavy metal band...)
21.09.2023 - 10:25
Rating: 9
nonZero

Definitely Aria's best.
----
Top 500 Albums (ordered & rated)
Top 200 Overlooked Albums (with genres)
So I Heard You Like Wintersun... (Time II find new bands)

Hits total: 17245 | This month: 54