Metal Storm logo
Ensiferum

Original post

Posted by Stigmatized, 18.05.2006 - 03:59
Here is the new topic for the new forum. The DVD is due out in June and the new album is supposedly set for a February 2007 release. Enjoy!
08.08.2009 - 20:13
Destryphior
Me is waiting... sounds epic as before..
10.08.2009 - 16:50
Janne
Hugin
Emmi has joined the band officially
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
12.08.2009 - 04:03
MetalSpider
There's a 3 minute preview of the song "twilight tavern" on drakkar entertainments myspace. Sounds very good. There is also a 1 minute preview of the song Smoking Ruins at Spinefarm's Myspace.

http://www.myspace.com/drakkarentertainment
http://www.myspace.com/spinefarm
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
14.08.2009 - 19:56
Feng
I really like the use of keys on the samples, sounds like its gonna be a good one.
17.08.2009 - 11:53
FeskarN
Find a new interview with Petri! And he says that he doesnt have talk to the guys in Norther since January.:o He is maybe pissed off at them still ? What do you guys think? Watch it Here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjpfdN8NX5E
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
17.08.2009 - 15:50
Warman
Erotic Stains
The sample sounds okay.

And I do not know what I really think about Petri not being in Norther. Norther and Ensiferum are both great bands, but I love Norther and if he can't give the band the time they need I probably think it's the right choice. I wanna see an active Norther. But all this wouldn't have to happen if it wasn't for Jari and he leaving Ensiferum!
----
20.08.2009 - 06:43
MetalSpider
This is the new song "From Afar"...from the album of the same name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6_MaJcMTdo
----

20.08.2009 - 11:00
Øyvind
Grave Digger
"From Afar" sounds pretty good. Great, in fact. Can't wait for the album to come out
----
20.08.2009 - 14:28
Warman
Erotic Stains
The cover art is great, the song is good. Great during some parts, but nothing special for being Ensiferum!

Looking forward to popping the CD in my stereo though and enjoy it with full quality.
----
20.08.2009 - 14:46
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
"From Afar" is very good song

i have mismatched "August" and "September" (for some reason i always think September is 8th month of a year) so i thought the album is already out...now i discovered i will still have to wait
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

20.08.2009 - 20:20
Fhuesc
Written by Ellrohir on 20.08.2009 at 14:46

i have mismatched "August" and "September" (for some reason i always think September is 8th month of a year) so i thought the album is already out...now i discovered i will still have to wait

Hate when that happens, cheer up mate, the wait soon will be over.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
21.08.2009 - 01:38
MetalSpider
The song is great...and all the samples sounds very promising. Ive pre-ordered the album...cant wait for it!
----

21.08.2009 - 04:25
Great band. Saw them live and it was perfect. Well, it would have been perfect with Jari.

Petri is alright, but I prefer Jari obviously. Victory Songs was decent but it just wasn't the same without Jari's mastermind
----
21.08.2009 - 10:12
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Well i like "Petri's era" more than older "Jari's era"
----

21.08.2009 - 10:29
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Ellrohir on 21.08.2009 at 10:12

Well i like "Petri's era" more than older "Jari's era"

Me and you are alone on that one I think. Iron & Victory Songs used to be neck and neck for me, but recently I've been listening to Victory Songs on a continuous loop. I've found myself looking forward to this upcoming album more and more.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
21.08.2009 - 14:32
csiga
Munin
From Afar! not sample, full length song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6ALsuLmYNg
----

i survived the lake bodom!
21.08.2009 - 15:37
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I think similar link was already posted a few posts before
----

21.08.2009 - 15:52
csiga
Munin
Written by Ellrohir on 21.08.2009 at 15:37

I think similar link was already posted a few posts before

oh really, i don't saw that. btw i made this one
----

i survived the lake bodom!
21.08.2009 - 18:18
Varegan
Hamranakara
Orchestral parts are really great and choirs are awesome but somehow i feel like guitar riffs are not still the same thing that i expect from Ensiferum i still feel lack of those Ensiferum's unique lead guitar parts and i dont think if vocals are really improved
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
21.08.2009 - 18:36
chematss
Written by Varegan on 21.08.2009 at 18:18

i still feel lack of those Ensiferum's unique lead guitar parts and i dont think if vocals are really improved

seconded
21.08.2009 - 20:38
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
The album has been leaked if anyone is interested... so search for it.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
21.08.2009 - 21:43
FeskarN
Written by K✞ulu on 21.08.2009 at 20:38

The album has been leaked if anyone is interested... so search for it.

What a suprise! NOT! Well im not gonna download it, at least not now. I will wait till my copy of the limited version in September. Im so excited!
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
21.08.2009 - 23:07
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Heard some of the songs on youtube the other day and the music is FINE, some of the stuff actually reminds me of the good ol' Jari days but then that fuckin Petri comes and fucks it up with his terrible vocals. He could at least change his style from what he did in Norther cozz I hate them. And whats with the dumbass lyrics which always rhyme?? aaaah shit man, get Petri out hes spoiling all the potential!
22.08.2009 - 00:40
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Yes, Ensiferum members, go and kick out Petri, get together with Jari again and then you'll gain your true fan Valaskjalf back again...offer you cannot refuse
----

22.08.2009 - 01:25
MetalSpider
Im listening to the album right now...and so far its amazing!
----

22.08.2009 - 03:58
Fhuesc
Written by Ellrohir on 22.08.2009 at 00:40

Yes, Ensiferum members, go and kick out Petri, get together with Jari again and then you'll gain your true fan Valaskjalf back again...offer you cannot refuse

this comment made my day. Thanks!
----
Until victory, always!
22.08.2009 - 19:53
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
So i listened to new album (shame on me ) and my first thoughts - solid, but a bit weaker than Victory Songs...still i like it and maybe i will like it even more in future...

highlights: From Afar, Elusive Reaches, The Longest Journey
----

23.08.2009 - 07:33
Derwood
I couldn't help myself...had to hear From Afar. Definitely stronger than Victory Songs, but not as strong as Iron. I will certainly be spending the money on a copy of this one in September.

"Heathen Throne" is my pick for the best track, all 11+ minutes of it. The spaghetti western bit in "Stone Cold Metal" definitely caught me off guard. In the middle of an Ensiferum album and I suddenly have visions of Clint Eastwood fighting an Apache war party. I actually laughed when the friggin banjo kicked in.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
23.08.2009 - 07:59
Fhuesc
I found Stone Cold Metal really great, also Twilight Tavern kicks ass. Also i agree with Derwood, this is stronger than Victory, nut weaker than Iron and Ensiferum.
----
Until victory, always!
23.08.2009 - 09:32
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Lol...why other people always adore songs i dont like?
----