Metal Storm logo
Ensiferum

Original post

Posted by Stigmatized, 18.05.2006 - 03:59
Here is the new topic for the new forum. The DVD is due out in June and the new album is supposedly set for a February 2007 release. Enjoy!
09.09.2006 - 21:31
danzig111
Account deleted
I just got into this band about 1 or 2 monthes ago. Very beautiful music full ov catchy melodies. I love Ensiferum

MetalStormers seem to really like them (This site is actually where I first found out about them).
09.09.2006 - 22:08
RavenLord
I only have their self-titled album, but I love it to bits. It has just the right mix of epicness, riffs and cheesiness (and folk!) to make it a classic, and Jari really sounds like Shane McGowan of the Pogues when he uses clean vocals, so thumbs up all round!

I've also heard some of their material from Iron, but haven't heard anything they've done with Petri. I like Norther, so I have high expectations for their next album. Favourite songs: Windrider and Treacherous Gods.

THE LAND IS SILENT...BEFORE THE STORM!
----
10.09.2006 - 10:14
Brutillius
I absolutley love Ensiferum, they jumped up my list of bands so quick when i first started listening to them. The song that first got me into them was Warriors Quest. Now my Fav would have to be Trecherous Gods. Ensiferum Rule!!
----
The Way is Shut.
10.09.2006 - 17:17
Stigmatized
Written by Brutillius on 10.09.2006 at 10:14

I absolutley love Ensiferum, they jumped up my list of bands so quick when i first started listening to them. The song that first got me into them was Warriors Quest. Now my Fav would have to be Trecherous Gods. Ensiferum Rule!!

Treacherous Gods is easily my favorite Ensiferum track. One incredible song.
10.09.2006 - 17:41
RavenLord
Written by Stigmatized on 10.09.2006 at 17:17

Never a truer word was spoken-that opening riff just reeks of epicness...and paganism
----
10.09.2006 - 20:00
Stigmatized
Written by RavenLord on 10.09.2006 at 17:41

Written by Stigmatized on 10.09.2006 at 17:17

Never a truer word was spoken-that opening riff just reeks of epicness...and paganism

Indeed.
11.09.2006 - 05:15
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
I just was listening to their (relatively) new EP... sweet stuff while we wait for next album... specially liked the Amorphis cover.
11.09.2006 - 05:38
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I listened Ensiferum for the first time today, and really liked their music, it's so catchy, but talented too.
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
11.09.2006 - 11:51
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Got some more tracks by them and can now officially say that I like this band.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
11.09.2006 - 11:53
Judas
The Amputator
Well, I haven't heard any of their stuff with Petri Lindroos, but with Jari Mäenpää they certainly ruled. Knowing Petri from Norther though, I think they would have continued in their awesome vein.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
11.09.2006 - 23:34
Veertje
Windrider is IMO their best song the tune after the chorus is just so addictive, couldn't get anything else to play for about one whole week
16.09.2006 - 16:55
skywalker
Account deleted
I listen to this band for about 1 and a half year...it's fantastic. I love this music, I am waiting for the new album with Petri Lindroos. My favoruite Ensiferum songs are (at the momet...the list could change :>) Lai Lai Hei, Iron, Treacherous Gods, Tale of Revenge, Token of Time....
05.10.2006 - 22:50
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Hey! i get the first album at least!!! and it's fuckin' amaziiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i really love this album!!!!!!
05.10.2006 - 23:13
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Yeah, this album is really good. IMO, the second one, "Iron" is the best one, more melodic with great atmosphere
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
06.10.2006 - 08:33
PRIMAL FEAR
Account deleted
I too love this band's work, although I'd have to say my favourite track is "Goblin's Dance", which I can't help but think that is what morbid angel would sound like if they were also folk-oriented, with BM vocals when listening to that song.
06.10.2006 - 13:12
Amon Amarth
Written by Veertje on 11.09.2006 at 23:34

Windrider is IMO their best song the tune after the chorus is just so addictive, couldn't get anything else to play for about one whole week

Yeah that's an awesome song!
----
13.10.2006 - 13:38
Vidrageon
Account deleted
I just absolutely love this band, went straight into my top 10 and I've tried to pimp it to everybody I know, just fantastic.
26.12.2006 - 00:04
chuckie
Account deleted
love them, song that got me into them was tale of revenge, my favourite song ive heard is guardians of fate
26.12.2006 - 19:35
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
Ensiferum is one of my favorite scandinavian metal bands. I guess I go with calling them melodic-folk because there's no other way to desribe them(not black or power). Slayer of light is my favorite songs but I still need to here more from these guys.
26.12.2006 - 19:43
Warman
Erotic Stains
They're brilliant, nothing else to add actually
----
26.12.2006 - 21:23
RavenLord
Written by [user id=17838] on 26.12.2006 at 19:35

Ensiferum is one of my favorite scandinavian metal bands. I guess I go with calling them melodic-folk because there's no other way to desribe them(not black or power). Slayer of light is my favorite songs but I still need to here more from these guys.

In fairness, they do have some trappings of black metal in some of their songs (blastbeats and tremolo picking at the start of 'Abandoned', for example), but I don't think that's enough to warrant the genre 'Black Folk Metal' on MS.
----
26.12.2006 - 21:41
danzig111
Account deleted
In "Lai Lai Hei", what language do they sing in at first before cutting in to the shouted English parts It sounds like Swedish......But it might just be Finnish, I don't know.
27.12.2006 - 13:51
Keoren
Account deleted
Written by [user id=160] on 26.12.2006 at 21:41

It sounds like Swedish

it might just be Finnish

Like Swedish? Just Finnish?
Watch out, some of the Finnish members might just hurt you for that.
27.12.2006 - 17:32
RavenLord
Written by [user id=17828] on 27.12.2006 at 13:51

"If it wasn't for the Americans, we'd all be speaking German right now", anyway.
----
27.12.2006 - 19:51
danzig111
Account deleted
Written by [user id=17828] on 27.12.2006 at 13:51

It sounds like Swedish

it might just be Finnish

oh no no no! I didn't mean it like that at all! Finland is very Metal nation with beautiful girls, hail you all! . I meant nothing mean.

Thanks for clearing it up MSers .....I recognise the language when I read it but not when I hear it really.
29.12.2006 - 15:24
Silent Tears
Account deleted
I just got into Ensiferum (thanks to metalstorm )
And I like it very much I didnt listen very much of them yet but I especially like Slayer Of Light, Tale Of Revenge and Into The Battle.
It is really cool that I came into this band because I never used to listen to Folk Metal and now I like it pretty much

@Danzig111 and Keoren: LOL, Finland is one of the best countries if you talk about metal. I dont know if they are good in other things (or something XD) but the metal is supergood from there. They have the best bands. For Example: Nightwish, Children Of Bodom, Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica and of course Ensiferum
hail Finland
29.12.2006 - 16:29
RavenLord
Must....get...Treacherous Gods...into...top 10...tracks...on...last.fm.
----
07.02.2007 - 11:14
Skald
Account deleted
For those who wonder what their new album might sound like:
http://www.myspace.com/ensiferummusic
I think with songs like Deathbringer From The Sky they make a very big step towards Power Metal and away from the Folk/Viking genre. I think it's still good, though at times it sounds a little bit too much like generic Power Metal.
And One More Magic Potion sounds kind of like Norther with folky elements to me (no wonder, eh? )
All in all I think it should be a good, rereshing album. Though I don't expect such classics as Lai Lai Hei.
07.02.2007 - 13:26
APOHAKC
The Bard
I liked old Ensiferum work a lot, but new songs with that guy from Norther are awful, I think than Wintersun is much better now cause without Jari Mäenpää Ensiferum is nothing, he wrote best Ensiferum songs and he is writing great staff with Wintersun now, I heard some new Ensiferum songs and they are shit, vocal is very bad ( for me of cause, probably many people like that guy) and guitars are different than before, not very different but still different. I don't like this band anymore...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
07.02.2007 - 13:47
Judas
The Amputator
Jeez, 'Deathbringer From The Sky' rules! I agree that it is quite Power Metal, but it's still awesome, because it retains enough of the classic Ensiferum vibe. 'One More Magic Potion' is also good, it's more obviously folky than the former. Shaping up to be a really good release!
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."