Metal Storm logo
Video Games You're Playing

Original post

Posted by Nucky, 26.01.2015 - 22:09
Major League Baseball 2012..
17.05.2020 - 19:00
IronAngel
Finished Torment: Tides of Numenera. I did not really like it. Way too wordy (and I say this as someone who both loves text-heavy RPGs and reads a hundred books a year), just paragraph after paragraph of insipid, ineffective description. The game was trivially easy, with no danger of ever running out of ability points to spend on effort. And the setting, while it was beautiful and had potential for cool sci-fi/fantasy crossover, was just too all-over-the-place to make any of it feel meaningful. There's no mystery when everything's a mystery. It was playable enough, with some fun characters and the main story was decent, but I can't really recommend it unless you've run out of RPGs to play.

Started Tyranny afterward. I quite enjoy the premise of playing on the side of the bad guys; I can play an asshole without it feeling forced and awkward, being evil for the sake of evil. Feels like a good specimen of its genre, though god damn I've grown sick of RTwP combat. The micromanagement is nothing but frustrating. I've said it before, but I'll say it again: no party-based RPG was ever better for opting for RTwP instead of turn-based combat.
17.05.2020 - 21:11
Metren
Dreadrealm
The best explanation ever about why Planescape: Torment is amazeballs and why Tides of Numenera never stood a chance of living up to it:

----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
06.06.2020 - 23:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Mafia 3 remastered edition, same game, but extra missions, Kill cult members, get Nuke and Kill cuban comes and Kill many kkk and grow weed, those extra makes game longer and fun, new places, throw lnife, snipet support, granade launchets n cars.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
07.06.2020 - 08:50
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Does it qualify as spam if I keep posting that I'm still playing Diablo 2? I just got my wind druid up to level 88, which is now my fourth-highest leveled character.

The search for Tyrael's after 18 years continues...
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
07.06.2020 - 13:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.06.2020 at 08:50

Does it qualify as spam if I keep posting that I'm still playing Diablo 2? I just got my wind druid up to level 88, which is now my fourth-highest leveled character.

The search for Tyrael's after 18 years continues...
unless you comment an dont spoil as you say no. I doenloadet mafia 2 remastered version
----

apos;'
[image]
18.06.2020 - 06:16
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
And playing NWN now. felt bad, had to cheat in the final bit before the end of the 1st Chapter. So many stat debuffs, my amigo died and was locked from returning to prior zones or hearthstoning. in an attempt to bump my CON from 3 back to original score launched it way up. pretty funny.

starting chapter two now.

weeee.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
20.06.2020 - 15:19
Metren
Dreadrealm
Playing Persona 4 Golden.

I've heard Persona 3-5 described as a trilogy of perfection, so I am glad to be able to play at least one of them on PC now. 4 h into it I really like it, but it hasn't gripped me quite as much as I'd have hoped. The game has everything going for it, but atmosphere. The atmosphere's just not there for me for some reason.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
20.06.2020 - 20:07
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Metren on 20.06.2020 at 15:19

Playing Persona 4 Golden.

I've heard Persona 3-5 described as a trilogy of perfection, so I am glad to be able to play at least one of them on PC now. 4 h into it I really like it, but it hasn't gripped me quite as much as I'd have hoped. The game has everything going for it, but atmosphere. The atmosphere's just not there for me for some reason.

I was a good chunk in to Persona 5 (about 35-40% the way through, which is about 40-45 hours in) and was enjoying it aside from the Japanese need to build up tension before boss fights by having dialog go on forever and ever and ever and ever. Not a perfect game by a longshot, but mighty enjoyable.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
20.06.2020 - 23:26
notheory
Hi everyone. This may sound weird, but I almost never played any game, I mean I've played for like 10 minutes in a friend's house, but never on my own. But because of my current work situation, I have a good PC. What game would you suggest I play as my first experience actually playing something on my own? Any suggestion for a game virgin? I'm on PC only, windows 10; so no console games.
20.06.2020 - 23:54
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by notheory on 20.06.2020 at 23:26

What game would you suggest I play as my first experience actually playing something on my own? Any suggestion for a game virgin?

Dark Souls
21.06.2020 - 00:45
Metren
Dreadrealm
Well, I messed up royally with Persona 4. Six hours into it, I need to re-load a save from 2,5 h ago. Apparently the correct way to do things before the first proper dungeon is to grind, so says the internet and the fact that I ran out of HP, SP and restorative items way before the final floors of the dungeon.

The internet also says the first dungeon and boss are the toughest and the game gets easier from there, which is baffling game design. For a JRPG to require more grinding and to have the toughest battles in the first hours, when the focus should be on teaching the player how to play and on engaging them in the characters, story and setting so as to give a reason to play, is totally ass-backwards.

It's way too early to draw any major conclusions, but atm, "One of the all-time greatest games" is a bit of a joke when it comes to Persona 4. I've played dozens of games where I was more invested in the setting and the gameplay, regardless of how difficult the game was or how many times I had to re-play the same areas. It's a JRPG, so playing long segments again right after you've finished with them is a nightmarish chore, consisting mostly of pressing the skip button to get through already familiar dialogue.

I shall persevere with Persona 4, but I need a few days break.
----
22.06.2020 - 06:15
notheory
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 20.06.2020 at 23:54

Dark Souls

I've heard that's a hard one... or maybe you were joking? But Okay, challenge accepted. I will try Dark Souls as my first gaming experience
22.06.2020 - 08:42
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by notheory on 22.06.2020 at 06:15

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 20.06.2020 at 23:54

Dark Souls

I will try Dark Souls as my first gaming experience

I was shitting bricks when I first acquainted with DS. Comments here helped me lot.
28.06.2020 - 08:29
notheory
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 22.06.2020 at 08:42

I was shitting bricks when I first acquainted with DS. Comments here helped me lot.

Well I started to play it, then I figured that I need a controller. It was kinda not fun to play with mouse and keyboards. So I have a controller now... and then I died multiple times in the first section
I'm now in Fire link Shrine. So far, the theme and story and the whole atmosphere of the game is amazing, didn't expect well written dialogues with this articulate way of mystery. I'm horrible at the combat right now, but the whole thing is amazing!
Thanks for the suggestion, I just don't know where to go... but I guess that's just how life is
30.06.2020 - 00:12
IronAngel
I imagine Dark Souls is actually a good game to start with, because it gets to the fundamentals of gaming. It's not that it's terribly difficult, it just subverts the expectations of people who've grown complacent with the conveniences of modern mainstream game design. If you haven't been corrupted by map markers, quest compasses and constant quick/autosaving, you'll have a much better time, I imagine.

You don't have to know where to go, or rather you should go everywhere sooner or later anyway; and as long as you know how to lock on target and keep and eye on encumberance so you don't fuck up your roll speed, the combat will start to feel good.
30.06.2020 - 00:43
notheory
Written by IronAngel on 30.06.2020 at 00:12

I imagine Dark Souls is actually a good game to start with, because it gets to the fundamentals of gaming. It's not that it's terribly difficult, it just subverts the expectations of people who've grown complacent with the conveniences of modern mainstream game design. If you haven't been corrupted by map markers, quest compasses and constant quick/autosaving, you'll have a much better time, I imagine.

You don't have to know where to go, or rather you should go everywhere sooner or later anyway; and as long as you know how to lock on target and keep and eye on encumberance so you don't fuck up your roll speed, the combat will start to feel good.

Well I don't know what quest compasses are and I haven't found a map (does it have a map?), but this game is very satisfying so far. It's mysterious, and I love mystery. And it feels like it's serious and has "something" in it, although it is unknown to me right now.
I'm getting better in combat, just that the enemies can kill me very fast, that is kinda hard for me. That big... ape or whatever it is, I'm now stuck there. Dodging his attacks are kinda hard.
Also there are lots of items and things I've found which I don't understand/are confusing to me but I'm enjoying myself here
I went somewhere down and it was horrible so I guess that's for later! but the green place is so good, although currently I'm stuck at the ape-like creature.
07.07.2020 - 18:17
Metren
Dreadrealm
Thinking of starting Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age. I played about 10-15 h of the original PS 2 release way back and I remember liking the writing and the gameplay, but not caring for the soundtrack or visuals.

On a related note, it's Final Fantasy IX's 20th birthday. I really need to play that one again too, certainly one of the best in the series.
----
10.07.2020 - 16:12
Metren
Dreadrealm
2 hours into Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age.

Well... it's perfect... so far. Not only can I find no flaws with either the writing or the gameplay, but the story and setting establish an atmosphere that is totally gripping. Unless the game goes massively downhill after the first few hours (which I don't think it does), it is safe to say XII is the most underappreciated game in the series out of the ones I've played. It's nice to see an actually Machiavellian villain in Vayne Solidor, as opposed to the so-called Machiavellian villains like Kefka (who isn't a clever power schemer, but just a lucky bastard with a contrived AF arc). If XII retains its quality and/or gets better as it goes along, I think it will end up becoming one of my favorite Final Fantasy games. Out of the main series games that I've played, only VII and IV have had openings as strong as XII. I'm hyped to continue the journey.
----
11.07.2020 - 11:17
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Now with a swell new mouse, even though I hate gaming on laptops compared to my ps4 or old Dark Helmet desktop pc, been enjoying Fallout 3. will say much to the chagrin of long time fans, still prefer FO4. Maybe three does a better job with moral ambiguity and outcome of choice, but prefer 4 overall for combo of environment, crafting/settlement building. my place in Megaton has a locker full of assault rifles, chinese assault rifles, combat shotguns and talon armor just to continually repair my gear.
----

23.07.2020 - 23:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I bought red Dead redemption 2, need unistsll few games, started mafia 2 definitiv edition, will finish all extras just in case there are new missions. Red redemption needs 220gm on hard drive. Its a lot.

Pre order mafia 1 remastered edition, sad trailer from one mission, seems good. I will know How much Space it takes on pc
----

apos;'
[image]
21.08.2020 - 20:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I play Red Dead a while. Learn controls and understand game was hard, to much read, chose and so on. Graphic is awesome, sounds and so on. Its super big game like ride horse from Arizona to New Orleans . nature changes, animals, I have done chapter 1 and start whit 2 only one main mission. There are to many side missions that it takes my time a lot. Good game, I hope I be done till mafia be out, otherwise I dunno. I am happy that I bought it
----

apos;'
[image]
22.08.2020 - 00:53
Metren
Dreadrealm
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw Yisssss!!!!! I've been playing.... Ys. Ys I and II Chronicles on PC to be exact. Great remakes of a classic JRPG, thoroughly enjoying them.
----
01.09.2020 - 23:43
Metren
Dreadrealm
Also playing The Legend Of Heroes: Trails In The Sky. A YouTube video game critic, one of the very few I trust, called it one of the greatest RPGs of all time. I am not concvinced yet though. 3-4 h into it, the best I can say is that it's pretty cute, nothing mind-blowing yet.
----
10.09.2020 - 14:50
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Metren on 01.09.2020 at 23:43

Also playing The Legend Of Heroes: Trails In The Sky. A YouTube video game critic, one of the very few I trust, called it one of the greatest RPGs of all time. I am not concvinced yet though. 3-4 h into it, the best I can say is that it's pretty cute, nothing mind-blowing yet.

I've heard about that one as well. A lot of people with good taste have spilled the goods about that game. I keep pondering about whether to buy it or not, but I never feel convinced
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
10.09.2020 - 14:50
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Back to playing osu! for the time. I still suck.
----
- Reimu Hakurei
26.09.2020 - 14:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I pre ordered it 2 months, now I downloaded Mafia 1 Definite edition.
I have no time to play atm, just checked intro, frist mission.
Map is same, but new moder graphics, city, all is made from ground, its killer, will be killer game. MC is there, its good.
Does anybody know if Lucas Bertone side missions are there?
----

apos;'
[image]
01.10.2020 - 10:33
Paz
Elite
Recently, I'm only playing some Gwent on Android. If anyone wants a friendly match, please let me know
06.10.2020 - 23:43
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
I wonder if anyone here ever played Yume 2kki? This seems like the kind of game an ambient/atmospheric music/ cult imagery enthusiast (like you all) would like.

What a great game. It's basically a JRPG except that without the fights... And without the story. Basically there is this immense world and you just wander around.
The premise is that you are a character that goes to sleep and dreams (more like have nightmares). The dream landscapes are so trippy. And the soundtracks are mostly drony and ritually repetitive, made to get stuck in your head and haunt your dreams.
The best part is the length, really. I spent over 70+ hours to explore the latest version at the time (now it already has updated content) which is hella surprising for a game where you don't waste time on menu or battles or anything. 70 hours of pure content. This probably makes it the biggest non-mmo game I've ever played?
I wish I could find some blind lps for that one.
----
- Reimu Hakurei
12.10.2020 - 10:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Finished Mafia 1 Define Edition.
Positive:
Same map, same city but a bit bigger, they made some changes there, small, location, roads, but whole basis is there.
Driving a car is hard, its like not powerful engine and heavy car, seems traffic was such in those days.
Bike is cool thing there, could be a bit faster.
Shooting is hard, aiming is hard, seems like real one, best way is use Magnum or Colt, not Tommy Gun.
Cant cary so much ammo, need search in a game.
Same stories, new ways to do it, basically new ways, new entrence, and so on. Old mission, new scenario to play it.
Collectives are available.
Lost Heaven and Empire Bay is more in story.
You can test drive every car from carcopedia.
Freeride is there,

Negative.
You dont get new car from Ralphie, they tock away all Lucas Bertone side missions there. Damn I love it. Shorter game, shorter mission. It started and ended in Salieri bar. Now it ends after mission.
Modern cars are avalible in a garage , I dont like it.
Can use a bike once.

It what I can think so far. Will play it few more times.
----

apos;'
[image]
04.11.2020 - 13:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Does anybody knows where to play Asasin Creed Valhalla

Those who plaid Red Dead 2, master hunter chalanges,
Anybody knows how to kill Caugor whit a bowl , I tried poison arrows, better ones I cant do it.
Same how to get perfects wolf pelt

Using dead eye dont work.

Hunting requests , where the hack I can get perfect cardinal and Woodpecker Carcass and how?
I cant find those birds, and if I do it has no 3 stars and bowl is hard, Vermont riffle does damig.
----

apos;'
[image]