‹‹ Back to the Recreation Pages: 1 [2]
Users visited: 58  
Search this topic:  
Let's get this straight, which is the better football simulator?

FIFA19
PES13
Other2

Total votes: 34

The original post

Posted by Fredd on 17.09.2011 at 23:02
Me and Metal_4Ever are having this debate, I say FIFA, he says PES, what say you?

Page 2 of 2

ToMegaTherion

07.12.2011 at 14:03
Written by Guest on 06.12.2011 at 12:55

Written by ToMegaTherion on 22.11.2011 at 13:36

Written by Elio on 11.11.2011 at 21:27

Written by ToMegaTherion on 27.10.2011 at 03:10

But i'm a huge fan of the Football Manager series. I have lost whole weeks to those games over the years.

weeks? hah, I wish I had lost just weeks with it.

I have forced myself to slow down in recent years.

I've forced myself to stop playing it altogether. That game is addictive and messes up your mind! I think it's because of the endless detail... stats, player attributes, who's marking the far post on corners, should he play as a poacher or advanced forward, I need another centre half to cover injuries, need to negotiate a new contract for my star player, need to sort out the training... I get bags under my eyes, I can't sleep properly, I think about it constantly no matter what I'm doing. It's like a dangerous drug and should be banned.

I remember days when i was supposed to be working and I would be thinking about all of those things you mentioned. Don't forget, the endless scouting and management of each individual player. I used to spend so much time working out if I was using this or that player the right way in a game, or if my tactics don't suit that player, or why is so and so not performing, what can i do to help him find his form. Why isn't someone else settling in! I know all too well.
----
- Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of man, even
when nature has long emancipated them from devine guidance (naturaliter
maiorennes), nevertheless gladly remain enslaved for life.-
Immanuel Kant
Genghis Kal
Account deleted
  08.12.2011 at 14:05
Written by ToMegaTherion on 07.12.2011 at 14:03

Written by Guest on 06.12.2011 at 12:55

Written by ToMegaTherion on 22.11.2011 at 13:36

Written by Elio on 11.11.2011 at 21:27

Written by ToMegaTherion on 27.10.2011 at 03:10

But i'm a huge fan of the Football Manager series. I have lost whole weeks to those games over the years.

weeks? hah, I wish I had lost just weeks with it.

I have forced myself to slow down in recent years.

I've forced myself to stop playing it altogether. That game is addictive and messes up your mind! I think it's because of the endless detail... stats, player attributes, who's marking the far post on corners, should he play as a poacher or advanced forward, I need another centre half to cover injuries, need to negotiate a new contract for my star player, need to sort out the training... I get bags under my eyes, I can't sleep properly, I think about it constantly no matter what I'm doing. It's like a dangerous drug and should be banned.

I remember days when i was supposed to be working and I would be thinking about all of those things you mentioned. Don't forget, the endless scouting and management of each individual player. I used to spend so much time working out if I was using this or that player the right way in a game, or if my tactics don't suit that player, or why is so and so not performing, what can i do to help him find his form. Why isn't someone else settling in! I know all too well.

*scout* reckons *so and so* has the potential to be a leading premier division striker... yeah man, it goes on and on.

The thing is you can't just play half an hour or an hour... it's like 3-4 hours minimum. Then like you said, you're thinking about it at work and when you're out. I've had to go cold turkey again. It's the only way. Just stop altogether and forget about it.

Oh I almost forgot, FIFA was crap this year.
snake? snaaaake!

08.12.2011 at 14:36
Written by Guest on 08.12.2011 at 14:05

Oh I almost forgot, FIFA was crap this year.

Yeah I cant say I like the new defending thing, but it does make games more interesting. Whenever I played with my mates we used to get lot of 1-0, 0-0 etc... now our games in Fifa 12 usually end something like 8-7.
Genghis Kal
Account deleted
  09.12.2011 at 14:14
The difficulty modes on FIFA 12 are really unbalanced. If I play on pro against the computer all my games end up with loads of goals but if I play on semi-pro I can win 8-0 or more easily. It's also ridiculously easy to dribble past the whole opposition team on semi-pro.

I'm sick of all the bugs in the FIFA games. In FIFA 11 (after all updates/patches) I won the FA Cup, then when I went to my manager's career stats screen "domestic cups won: 0". It's such a simple thing to get right but EA rushes the games and releases them unfinished.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 [2]

Login or register to post here.