Metal Storm logo
Chimaira

Original post

Posted by spirit_inblack, 08.10.2006 - 22:48
Chimaira are one of my favorite new bands. I don't really like the band's earlier stuff, but some of "The Impossibility Of Reason" songs were good and I really like the new self-titled album (I actually reviewed it). I'm not sure if I like Chimaira better than Lamb Of God, though. I'm going to have to say Lamb Of God is the better band, because they have more material that I like.
They are a really great band and I wish they still had Kevin Talley. Mark has good vocals and he is an amazing lyricist, and the guitarists are very good. My favorite song would have to be Lazarus or Left For Dead.
11.02.2007 - 09:38
Stuff1056
Account deleted
A very good band. Early material was no good though.
11.12.2007 - 16:16
RockeRoy
My favorit album of the i actually This present darkness ep. but i love moast of their music, but i don't like the softes songs tough.
The dehumanizing prosses dvd is great, a little short consert with only 7 songs, but..
Seen them live too on Hove festivalen in Norway this summer, and they shared the stage with Unearth,Gojira,Lamb of god, Mastodon and Slayer!! Fucking amaizing
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
09.10.2008 - 18:02
MarzipanMetal
Account deleted
yup chimaira is fucking awesome dude, but in my opinion they are way better than lamb of god, all there songs dont sound the same, they change it up, unlike lamb of god
13.10.2008 - 11:04
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
theyre damn good live. out of dragonforce, he is legend and killswitch, chimaira played best.

EDIT 11-20: wait WTF why is Chimaira in the Extreme metal section??
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
15.11.2008 - 17:05
Pins band....new album should be alright heres to hoping
21.11.2008 - 01:42
thefadedline
I used to love this band like no other until i heard 'resurrection,' at which point my love turned to shame. i'm hoping their new album will rectify my love for them, but it probably won't. they have gone from absolute shit > amazing > alright > metal-by-numbers
----
Relax and let the seat take the battery
21.11.2008 - 08:13
TheVonBraun
Account deleted
NEW ALBUM SOON!!! WOO!!

Been watching their "in studio" cam lately and getting all news I can from this site and others!

Should be sick... as long as its like the self-titled, I'll be happy. Resurrection was 'meh.'
21.11.2008 - 08:13
TheVonBraun
Account deleted
NEW ALBUM SOON!!! WOO!!

Been watching their "in studio" cam lately and getting all news I can from this site and others!

Should be sick... as long as its like the self-titled, I'll be happy. Resurrection was 'meh.'
26.11.2008 - 18:29
Luciferion
Wicked ass live band. Too bad they headlined a Kataklysm show, just couldn't compare to the godliness that is Shadows & Dust. STill a great band tons of energy and wicked material. Huge fan of the Pure Hatred, such a effin wicked live song.
----
Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is, and I am the wolf that hunts you.
21.04.2009 - 03:27
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by thefadedline on 21.11.2008 at 01:42

I used to love this band like no other until i heard 'resurrection,' at which point my love turned to shame. i'm hoping their new album will rectify my love for them, but it probably won't. they have gone from absolute shit > amazing > alright > metal-by-numbers

I also hated Ressurection... their early material says much more about the band than these shit latest releases.

The two first albuns are very close to nu-metal, catchy, eletronic effects everywhere, the metalcore voice with occasional clean vocals perfectly adjusted. Those last works have no catchiness and no more effects, the only thing added are the simple guitar solos.

Thrash influences my ass... I prefer them metalcore/nu-metal.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
02.05.2009 - 15:34
-Morbid-
I really liked their self titled album, but haven't listened to the one after it, and their earlier stuff didn't impress me much.

I heard one song off their upcomming album, can't remember the name of it, but if the rest of the album sounds like it did then I definitely won't be bothering with it.
06.05.2009 - 15:33
terrorist
I am not impressed with their last album.Self titled album Chimaira is more better than the last two.
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related
13.05.2009 - 05:56
Aspiring Nobody
Account deleted
Their first album was actually one of their better ones, especially compared to the last pile(or two?) of horseshit that they've put out. Resurrection -dull, uninspring, bland. Infected. I have yet to check out thoroughly, but from what I've heard, I'll just stick to some neo-thrash bands I've heard more about recently..

What happened to the days of "Dead Inside". Or "Pure Hatred?" Catchy choruses that didn't sound like they were copied and pasted from other bands.
26.07.2009 - 08:45
wormdrink414
Elite
Sucks.
The trio of novellas of the same name is great however.
29.07.2009 - 15:27
GamlaSonn
Resurrection and the self-titled are pretty good, with "Empire" being my favorite song of theirs. Infection had like two good songs. Don't care for pre-Chimaira
03.08.2009 - 21:32
Chimaira are a band that I can never be unhappy at seeing on a package bill. They're solid, yet inoffensive metal, with some great tunes. You can't really grumble.