Metal Storm logo
Dog in danger of being put down, please complain here

Original post

Posted by adrenalectomized, 26.10.2011 - 01:45
For those who don't frequent Facebook:

My friend's (Marguerite Barrier) German Shepherd, Gigi, has been impounded and is facing destruction because 1 woman (Sue Roberts) has made a complaint without physical evidence of any kind to the Contra Costa County Animal Control. This dog is a fixture at our barn and a much beloved animal. Gigi is around strange children and adults everyday, horses, chickens, cats, pigs, etc. and has NEVER offered ANY KIND of even moderately aggressive behavior. She is loving and protective of the children and Marguerite's son, Tristan (age 3), calls her Mama Gigi. This is a wonderful dog and should not be the victim of Sue Robert's neighborhood vendetta. Multiple children and adults have written letters to Contra Costa County's Animal Control extolling Gigi's virtues. Animal Control told them flat out that they wouldn't believe the letters, just Sue Robert's complaints, without any evidence!! Gigi have never bitten, snarled, snapped, or otherwise offered aggression or harm to a human or animal. Please help us save her from an unjust death! Show your support for Gigi by spreading this message and contacting Contra Costa County Animal Control at 925-335-8300 or posting on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/ccasd. We find out Gigi's trial date tomorrow and I'll post more on that then. Thank you so much and please help me save this wonderful dog and a little boy's best friend.

-Alyssa Rosenbloom

Use my sample message if busy:

Dear Sir/Madam,
I understand that an Alsatian dog named Gigi is facing the possibility of euthanasia based on a complaint by a member of its owner's neighborhood. I would urge you not to put the dog down given that there was no actual physical evidence reported that this dog has in fact attacked any human. This is a hugely disproportionate response given aforementioned lack of physical evidence.

Yours sincerely,

http://www.co.contra-costa.ca.us/forms.aspx?FID=153
31.10.2011 - 19:57
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Yarp, humans have immense strength, the only thing that stands in the way of using that strength is the pain threshold, which is obviously overcome in certain situations like the one Troy described.
31.10.2011 - 20:50
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 31.10.2011 at 19:51

Written by Guest on 31.10.2011 at 18:05
The limit that you think is your end, its just a start. Most humans never get that chance to fully use their body.

Like the mother who lifts the 2,000 pound car off of her baby using only momentum and protective instinct. You hear about that shit all the time.

The Matrix did a good job giving a more psychological edge to that kind of thinking. "Free your mind" and whatnot.

Exactly.
When I was deployed to Iraq there were times that I had to be up for 3-5 days at a time. Still perfectly able to perform to my full potential. Its crazy how the human body can work.
31.10.2011 - 23:38
Nexus
Asshat
Written by Vombatus on 26.10.2011 at 15:07

Written by Angelic Storm on 26.10.2011 at 14:56

Written by Vombatus on 26.10.2011 at 14:54

but that'd be no bad thing Imo...

Ya, I think it would solve alot of global problems (overpopulation/food/etc.) and getting rid of a bunch of bastards is always good

I only wish! The issue with that though is that the jackasses and dumbasses would want to get rid of decent people, and from what Ive seen, shitty people definitely outnumber morally inclined or fairly intelligent people.
----
If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for everything
01.11.2011 - 03:36
Vombatus
Potorro
Written by Nexus on 31.10.2011 at 23:38

Written by Vombatus on 26.10.2011 at 15:07

Written by Angelic Storm on 26.10.2011 at 14:56

Written by Vombatus on 26.10.2011 at 14:54

I only wish! The issue with that though is that the jackasses and dumbasses would want to get rid of decent people, and from what Ive seen, shitty people definitely outnumber morally inclined or fairly intelligent people.

True, but by bastards I was thinking more of people that really fuck up our society like murderers, rapists and all that scum... it's basically applying death penalty or life sentence.

Jackasses and dumbasses are annoying but hey, they have the right to live as long as they don't fuck up anyones else life
01.11.2011 - 03:40
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
I love when people think they can play God by deciding who's "worthy" of life.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
01.11.2011 - 13:43
Nexus
Asshat
Yeah, fair enough. I could definitely agree more with that.

And Im not saying that I would actually go through with it, as I do believe ... despite how aggravating some people can be, that everyones and everythings life is equal to one another, from every human, to every animal and insect.
----
If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for everything
01.11.2011 - 14:08
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Taking an existing life is more or less out of the question but controlled pregnancy seems the only likely option in the future if we're to survive as a race (the Chinese "One-child policy" I guess or a better version of like delayed space between births). All those dystopian novels and films will come true one day, if they haven't already in varying degrees.

Wow, offtopic much?
01.11.2011 - 14:16
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Guest on 01.11.2011 at 14:08
All those dystopian novels and films will come true one day, if they haven't already in varying degrees.

Nineteen Eighty-Four is already reality, you just need to think harder and to some extent, more metaphorically. What George Orwell wrote was the sheer truth, unfortunately.

[my god I should really change my signature now]

Also, God players are funny. Mostly because they have really low annoyance tolerance and this faux misanthropy, which may/may not be caused by the internet. I am 100% convinced that the internet slowly turns anyone and everyone into a cynical bastard. I'm one of the kiddos who are as such.

wait hold on I forgot I'm supposed to troll

Seriously though, these articles are spot-on: http://www.cracked.com/article_15231_7-reasons-21st-century-making-you-miserable.html
and of course, h4xin teh brainz: http://www.cracked.com/article/127_5-ways-to-hack-your-brain-into-awesomeness/
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
01.11.2011 - 14:17
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by vezzy on 01.11.2011 at 14:16

Nineteen Eighty-Four is already reality, you just need to think harder and to some extent, more metaphorically. What George Orwell wrote was the sheer truth, unfortunately.

[my god I should really change my signature now]

I was trying to avoid that one as it's more or less the big, established one.

You should change it, no one wants to be reminded of him
01.11.2011 - 14:23
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Guest on 01.11.2011 at 14:17
I was trying to avoid that one as it's more or less the big, established one.

You should change it, no one wants to be reminded of him

Is Ezz even still alive? But meh, too lazy, I might as well keep it, I've stuck with this one too long.

(but yeah like I said before [edited mah postz])
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.