Metal Storm logo
Discuss The Last Album You Acquired

Original post

Posted by X-Ray Rod, 09.07.2013 - 16:10
Got some stuff from the second hand store (they looked brand new though!)

Coroner - No More Color
Samael - Blood Ritual
Sarcófago - Rotting
Sarcófago - The Laws Of Scourge
14.08.2017 - 03:38
VIG
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 23.06.2017 at 12:09

Thankfully Cds tend to be very hardy most of the time.

Although I will always prefer Vinyl (mainly because of the sound, but there are other reasons), CDs are the second best way of listening to music. And if you have iTunes, you can just put all your CDs on there and than make an iPod (I use a nano, because it's simple), and then you can easily have all your CDs on the go.
14.08.2017 - 12:17
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Guest on 14.08.2017 at 03:38
Although I will always prefer Vinyl (mainly because of the sound, but there are other reasons), CDs are the second best way of listening to music. And if you have iTunes, you can just put all your CDs on there and than make an iPod (I use a nano, because it's simple), and then you can easily have all your CDs on the go.

I actually still use my discman every day when I go out. I'm weird like that.

inb4 hipster comments.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
14.08.2017 - 15:47
VIG
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 14.08.2017 at 12:17

Written by Guest on 14.08.2017 at 03:38

I actually still use my discman every day when I go out. I'm weird like that.

inb4 hipster comments.

Hey, I have one of those, too!
14.08.2017 - 20:52
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Guest on 14.08.2017 at 15:47

Coolio! I got mine back in 2005 when it was still sort of relevant haha. It never died on me so I continued to use it. Many ask me if I have to carry tons of cds with me when I go out and usually I just have one on me cuz it's not like I listen to music all the time if I go out (at some point I'll talk to people haha).

I have on a handy discman bag which has with extra slots for cds for long travels though. Another reason besides "I just got used to have it on me all the time" is that I want to actually use my cds besides buying them and burning them on my computer. I struggle with vinyls for this very reason because I haven't installed my recordplayer as i lack speakers and space at the moment.
----
Rod, let me love you.
15.08.2017 - 05:33
VIG
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 14.08.2017 at 20:52

Written by Guest on 14.08.2017 at 15:47

Coolio! I got mine back in 2005 when it was still sort of relevant haha. It never died on me so I continued to use it. Many ask me if I have to carry tons of cds with me when I go out and usually I just have one on me cuz it's not like I listen to music all the time if I go out (at some point I'll talk to people haha).

I have on a handy discman bag which has with extra slots for cds for long travels though. Another reason besides "I just got used to have it on me all the time" is that I want to actually use my cds besides buying them and burning them on my computer. I struggle with vinyls for this very reason because I haven't installed my recordplayer as i lack speakers and space at the moment.

I just checked and I think mine died sadly. I thought I used it recently, though.
11.10.2017 - 01:12
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
I got a great haul on monday. Went to Copenhagen and had some fun with the cd stores with some second hand stuff in great condition and even better prices. Shame the ones on my town are sorely lacking (probably cuz there is only one and I already cleaned it haha).

Behemoth - And The Forests Dream Eternally
Old Behemoth has such a nice charm to it! Love the band up to an including Demigod although Demigod was the beginning of the end for me.

Ephel Duath - Rephormula
Always wanted to get stuff from these guys (Pain Necessary To Know is brilliant!) but somehow I always forgot to search online and never found their stuff in real life except once when I didn't really knew the band and I kick myself for it haha.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - 'Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend!
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Slow Riot For New Zerø Kanada [EP]
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Yanqui U.X.O.
Love these guys and seeing that they are going to headline Roadburn made me eager to properly enjoy their discography until the day I see them live once again (caught them back in 2015).

Nile - Amongst The Catacombs Of Nephren-Ka
I honestly have never heard their debut haha, I love the three albums that come after it though so I'm expecting great shit.

Slipknot - Slipknot (10th anniversary version)
I guess I just wanted to please the child version fo myself who loved this stuff. There are plenty of songs I still enjoy to this very day.

Winterfylleth - The Fathers Of Albion: An Anthology 2007-2013 [Boxset]
A great way to get into a band that I always wanted to check out but never did. Now I got no excuse haha.
----
Rod, let me love you.
11.10.2017 - 03:23
VIG
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 11.10.2017 at 01:12

Slipknot - Slipknot (10th anniversary version)
I guess I just wanted to please the child version fo myself who loved this stuff. There are plenty of songs I still enjoy to this very day.

14.10.2017 - 14:18
Vombatus
Potorro
Picked up the last LP copy of Dragged Into Sunlight/Gnaw Their Tongues - NV at their show yesterday with Mayhem. Needless to say, vicious stuff.
Also learnt that even if Hatred For Mankind has been sold out for a long time, it will get repressed for the 10th anniversary. I sooo want to get that one on vinyl.
14.10.2017 - 15:05
Paz
Elite
Written by Vombatus on 14.10.2017 at 14:18

Picked up the last LP copy of Dragged Into Sunlight/Gnaw Their Tongues - NV at their show yesterday with Mayhem.

The green with black splatter edition?

14.10.2017 - 19:45
Vombatus
Potorro
Written by Paz on 14.10.2017 at 15:05

The green with black splatter edition?

Yeah! Looks great
14.10.2017 - 21:11
Paz
Elite
Written by Vombatus on 14.10.2017 at 19:45

Yeah! Looks great

Indeed
14.10.2017 - 21:20
VIG
Account deleted

Also learnt that even if Hatred For Mankind has been sold out for a long time, it will get repressed for the 10th anniversary. I sooo want to get that one on vinyl.

That sounds so awesome, but we must wait until 2019.
16.10.2017 - 15:09
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite

You can have my copy of Hatred For Mankind for 200 euros
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.10.2017 - 17:22
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
I'm basically continuing my hunting of Paysage d'Hiver demos. Only two left (The s/t one and Kristall & Isa). The other two releases came for free as a bundle when I ordered the Paysage d'Hiver releases.

Paysage d'Hiver - Kerker [A5 digipack]
Paysage d'Hiver - Winterkälte [A5 digipack]
Paysage d'Hiver - Nacht [A5 digipack]
Paysage d'Hiver - Einsamkeit [A5 digipack]
Paysage d'Hiver - Das Tor [A5 digipack]
Nucleus Torn - Andromeda Awaiting [A5 digipack]
The Loveless - Star Rover

I also got this Nachtmystium hoodie haha.
----
Rod, let me love you.
16.10.2017 - 17:47
VIG
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 16.10.2017 at 17:22

I'm basically continuing my hunting of Paysage d'Hiver demos. Only two left (The s/t one and Kristall & Isa). The other two releases came for free as a bundle when I ordered the Paysage d'Hiver releases.

I never listened to this band.
17.10.2017 - 00:17
Vombatus
Potorro
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.10.2017 at 15:09

Even on discogs it doesn't go for that much

My "to buy" list tends to grow faster than I buy, so no problem in waiting a year or two for the reissue at a resonable price^^
17.10.2017 - 02:26
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Vombatus on 17.10.2017 at 00:17

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.10.2017 at 15:09

Even on discogs it doesn't go for that much

That's why I asked that much. :V
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.10.2017 - 09:54
Paz
Elite
Written by X-Ray Rod on 16.10.2017 at 17:22

I also got this Nachtmystium hoodie haha.

The quality of this photo is kvlt!
17.10.2017 - 10:36
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Paz on 17.10.2017 at 09:54
The quality of this photo is kvlt!

It's directly from their bandcamp page, which makes it even funnier.
----
Rod, let me love you.
22.10.2017 - 09:25
I acquired Judas Priest's Painkiller record.

Although I have heard most of the songs on the album as most people here probably have, I've never owned a physical copy of the album until now. Growing up in the computer age has had its benefits, but it has also had its pitfalls, one being that I only started collecting CD's after I turned 17.

But that's not what this is about. Back to Painkiller. I have no words. It's Judas Priest. It's metal. It twists the strangle grip and wont give no mercy. It makes you feel your tendons rip, torn up and mean. It's fucking awesome \m/
----
See how it sings like a sad heart
And joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain
Or notes that fall gently, like rain.
01.11.2017 - 21:42
BetulaObscura
Samael - "Ceremony of Opposites" (first USA edition from the 1994)

Orewoet - "Afrodisiacum der Vroomheid" (EP 2016)
----
"Inspired by the future of the past"
05.12.2017 - 01:58
Galvenstaid
I recently aquired Karkelo by Korpiklaani. In my opinion it is a great album, though it could be better. Vodka, my favorite song off the album, is cheesy and fun to listen to.
12.01.2018 - 23:24
Ludo647
From the very depths by Venom on double LP
16.01.2018 - 19:40
Ludo647
From the very depths by venom has got quite mixed reviews, and I think we can all say it doesn't sound like the old venom albums that had a bluesy thrash/speed metal sound, but this release sounds as if someone like Alexi Laiho or Willie Adler or Sami Yli Sirnio joined to play lead guitar venom or something, for me I absolutely love this album for what it is and think it's a fantastic way for an old band to continue to make music. Speaking of modern venom, I do wish they would have social media pages and keep the fans in touch from there, the only place that keeps fans updated is their very outdated website.
16.01.2018 - 20:15
VIG
Account deleted
KISS - Alive set featuring Alive, Alive II, and Alive III, and a bonus disc I haven't checked out yet.
16.01.2018 - 20:30
3rdWorld
China was a neat
CANNIBAL CORPSE - WHEN DEATH REPLACES LIFE 7XTAPES BOX (RED)
SEPTIC FLESH - 1991-2003 9xTAPES BOXSET
PRIMORDIAL - A HEATHEN'S ANTHOLOGY 8XTAPES BOX
ROTTING CHRIST - OLD COFFIN'S 6XTAPES WOODEN BOX

The first three I knew would be awesome but was really impressed with the size and quality of the wood in the Rotting Christ boxset. So this became my biggest order to date topping my Grimoire Records entire catalog order from last january.
04.03.2018 - 23:30
Maco
Pvt Funderground
- Negative Plane - Stained Glass Revelation CD Invictus Productions
- Antichrist - Pax Moriendi CD Iron Bonehead
And

Everything costed me 35 dollars.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
06.03.2018 - 13:09
Metren
Dreadrealm
Bought 2 albums today that I really should've bought years ago, but poorness and no money and other bullshit excuses...

Spock's Beard - Snow (2002). Simply one of the best prog concept albums ever released. Quite accessible in spite of its length and almost flawlessly blends storytelling and songwriting. It's fun at points, funny at points, sad and epic at other points. Also, as far as tearjerker endings go, Steven Wilson's saddest stuff has got nothing on this album, precisely bc this album isn't trying to be emotional, it just is.

Riverside - Out Of Myself (2003). Their debut, their greatest masterpiece still. Unlike with the successor Second Life Syndrome, listening to this album isn't about waiting for the amazing moments, it's pretty much amazing all the way through. Has got to be one of the absolute best prog debuts of all time.

Can't recommend either album enough to prog fans, must-haves, absolutely.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
29.03.2018 - 20:42
Ganondox
Last actual metal album I acquired was Eclipse by Amorphis, but I've got several non-metal albums, including The Fragile by NIN and Appeal to Reason by Rise Against.
24.04.2018 - 00:06
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
ROADBURN 2018 HAUL *evil laugh*

Vinyl:
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven
GosT - Possessor
Velvet Cacoon - Genevieve

CDs:
Boris - Smile
Boris / Ian Astbury - BXI
Drudkh - Autumn Aurora
Electric Wizard - Come My Fanatics...
Forgotten Tomb - Obscura Arcana Mortis
Forgotten Tomb - Love's Burial Ground
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Luciferian Towers
GosT - Behemoth
GosT - Possessor
Hail Spirit Noir - Pneuma
Hail Spirit Noir - Oi Magoi
Hail Spirit Noir - Mayhem In Blue
Hexis - Abalam
Hexis - Tando Ashanti
Igorrr - Savage Sinusoid
Kayo Dot - Coffins On Io
Kayo Dot - Plastic House On Base Of Sky
King Dude - Love
Leviathan - The Tenth Sub Level Of Suicide
Nachtmystium - Instinct: Decay
Panopticon - Kentucky
Panopticon - Revisions Of The Past [Compilation]
Panopticon - The Scars Of Man On The Once Nameless Wilderness
Old Tower - Stellary Wisdom
Sunn O))) - Kannon
The Body / Full Of Hell- Ascending A Mountain Of Heavy Light
The Ruins Of Beverast - Unlock The Shrine
The Secret - Agnus Dei
Velvet Cacoon - Genevieve
WHOURKR - Concrete
Winter - Into Darkness
Worship - Dooom
Worship - Terranean Wake
Xibalba (USA) - Hasta La Muerte

DVD:
Boris - Live In Japan

Tshirts:
Grave Pleasures
Waste of Space Orchestra (A concert made specifically for Roadburn 2018. Performed by members of Oranssi Pazuzu and Dark Buddha Rising)
Boris & Soma (Boris celebrating the 25th birthday of their debut. Playing it in its' entirety with Stephen O'Malley as guest)
Igorrr
----
Rod, let me love you.