Metal Storm logo
Black Sabbath - Reunite For New Album & Worldwide Tour

The much-anticipated announcement has finally been released on the official Black Sabbath website. The band have reunited and will record a new album and do a worldwide tour. The announcement video can be viewed in the YouTube-video below.

The album will be produced by Rick Rubin, and the band will headline the Download Festival 2012 as part of their world tour.

Source: blacksabbath.com
Band profile: Black Sabbath
Event: Download Festival 2012
Posted: 11.11.2011 by Baz Anderson

Comments page 2 / 3

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 72   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 499 users
12.11.2011 - 01:22
Timmeh
Dudeman
Written by IronAngel on 12.11.2011 at 01:05

What's wrong with Rick Rubin?

What if he does (production wise) to this album, as he did to 'Death Magnetic' ?
12.11.2011 - 02:40
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Angelic Storm on 11.11.2011 at 22:37

Written by necrovamp on 11.11.2011 at 22:16

Hoping it will be brilliant and they will get back to 'black sabbath' instead of any of that Heaven and Hell crap

What? The last Heaven And Hell material was awesome...

And the last couple of albums they did before splitting with Ozzy weren't that great, so they have a chance to sign off with a decent album, I hope so!

Hope your not including Sabbatage in that group. And I agree, The Devil You Know was a good album. And it turned out to be Dio's swansong.
I wonder if this means that Ozzy's time is nearly up?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
12.11.2011 - 03:29
btbamfan20
I kinda don't believe it. it's been falsely claimed too many times before that this was going to happen, then it was clarified that it was not going to happen time and time again.
I'll give it a week until some band member comes out and says its not happening. If not then it's legit and i will be truly stoked
----
Gerald Massey: "They must find it difficult ... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority."
12.11.2011 - 03:36
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
I don't wanna be rude, but... if Dio was alive, I'd be nuts. This way... dunno, it's a great thing for metal but not for me personally.
----
7.0 means the album is good
12.11.2011 - 03:46
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by M C Vice on 12.11.2011 at 02:40
Hope your not including Sabbatage in that group. And I agree, The Devil You Know was a good album. And it turned out to be Dio's swansong.
I wonder if this means that Ozzy's time is nearly up?

Eh, what? "Sabotage" might just be my fave Sabbath album with Ozzy. No, I of course meant "Technical Ecstacy" and "Never Say Die". Well, Sabbath's last albums (the ones I just mentioned) with Ozzy weren't very good, and the last studio album under the Sabbath name ("Forbidden") was pretty awful, so hopefully they can take this chance to give themselves a great swansong. Just as "The Devil You Know" was for Dio.
12.11.2011 - 05:36
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Dio's dead, so they reunite with granpa Ozzy? Fuck off.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
12.11.2011 - 07:31
Opethian
Wow ...
12.11.2011 - 07:49
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I doubt this would have happened had Dio still been alive...

Because of how great "The Devil You Know" was, I've always felt that the rest of the Sabbath guys should continue on with someone else. (I was secretly hoping they'd get back together with Ian Gillan) Whether teaming up with Ozzy again is the right move though, is another matter. But, as long as Geezer and Tony are capable of writing great music, then I have no problem with them continuing on with Sabbath. "Forbidden" was hardly an efficient swansong for such a legendary band, so hopefully this new material will do the Sabbath name some justice.
12.11.2011 - 08:27
toXic_waLtz
The second comming of the Christ's of metal is nigh
12.11.2011 - 08:57
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Finally for all the Sabbath's fan, the water is broke and here it comes with the new fucking album...Go wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezy!
12.11.2011 - 09:31
Methuselah
Two words. FUCK YES!
12.11.2011 - 10:12
SlaytanicGonzo
BEST NEWS OF THE MILLENIUM. THE BEST BAND OF ALL FUCKING TIME.

"Oh no, Sabbath is so outdated. Ozzy is so old. I'd rather go see checoslovaquian Prog Technical Ambient Death/Doom band Amorthgyfdj Lessenghrer"

FUCK OFF. IT'S BLACK FUCKING SABBATH.
12.11.2011 - 11:16
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by SlaytanicGonzo on 12.11.2011 at 10:12

"Oh no, Sabbath is so outdated. Ozzy is so old. I'd rather go see checoslovaquian Prog Technical Ambient Death/Doom band Amorthgyfdj Lessenghrer"

anyway to say i'm stoked is an understatement. Sabbath is one of the bands i've always wanted to see live (and I already did so with Dio which was amazing), maybe second only to Mercyful Fate. Here's hoping they get billed for Sweden Rock Festival or Wacken (or both ;d ), it would be a dream come true.
12.11.2011 - 11:29
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Curious about what will come of this. I was wrong, they didn't announce the end after all.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
12.11.2011 - 11:53
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
Written by Angelic Storm on 12.11.2011 at 07:49

I doubt this would have happened had Dio still been alive...

If only this was the case...
----
7.0 means the album is good
12.11.2011 - 13:15
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Hmm this could be good or very bad. We'll have to wait and see I guess
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
12.11.2011 - 14:20
In_tallica
I'm confused.... This was a dissmissed rumour according to Tony Iommy a couple of months ago. Nevertheless, great news!
12.11.2011 - 15:35
vezzy
Stallmanite
Let's hope it won't suck.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
12.11.2011 - 16:02
Xfushion
YEAH cool Hope seen them live
12.11.2011 - 17:21
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Suddenly I'm starting to believe the 2012 apocalypse prophecies.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
12.11.2011 - 17:33
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by Darkside Momo on 12.11.2011 at 05:36

I'd try to look at it like they used Ronnie's death as inspiration to stop the feud and make up - something positive from a negative.
12.11.2011 - 17:46
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Written by Baz Anderson on 12.11.2011 at 17:33

Written by Darkside Momo on 12.11.2011 at 05:36

I'd try to look at it like they used Ronnie's death as inspiration to stop the feud and make up - something positive from a negative.

Call me cynical, but I smell money more than anything else. (that said, if they indeed reconciled for real, that's good)
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
12.11.2011 - 18:15
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by Darkside Momo on 12.11.2011 at 17:46

Call me cynical, but I smell money more than anything else. (that said, if they indeed reconciled for real, that's good)

Even if they would be making a lot of money - they would also be making a lot of people very happy and creating some fantastic memories too.
12.11.2011 - 18:29
RavenKing
Written by Guest on 12.11.2011 at 00:50

Black Sabbath had their time of glory in the past; many people would rather not have them put out an album like Illud Divinum Insanus (in quality, not gonna happen stylisticly of course) and go from pioneering legends to the laughing stock of metal overnight. Let the old bands retire, there's plenty of great younger bands that deserve some glory.

Exactly. I don't want to deny the huge place some old bands occupied in history and that they were great in their time. No one can erase the past or re-write history.

I just happen to believe that there is a time for everything and I can hardly see how bands that barely released anything for decades (especially if what they released in those decades is sub-par compared to their glory days) can still be relevant today.
Am I right or wrong to think like that? I don't know. That's the way I feel, that's all. Some people think differently and I'm perfectly aware of it. Are those people wrong or blind fanboys? Not automatically. Sure, there are fanboys but I don't automatically label those who believe old bands are still relevant today as fanboys. Some of them only happen to have a different perception than mine. Which is fine. It would be a boring world if we all had the same opinion on everything.

In Black Sabbath's case, I think their credibility has been tainted by all the rumors of reunion, all the fights between them and all the drama that surrounded this band for a very long time.

To me, the 'issue' with old metal bands mostly comes down to the notion that I believe there is a time for everything.
Take Slayer as an example. I grew up listening to this band a lot. And I believe their 80s material is surely among the best Thrash metal ever released. Absolutely classic and great. I still listen to "Decade of Aggression" from time to time. I enjoy it as much as I did long ago. But I don't believe Slayer are relevant anymore as an active band and have no interest in new material. I prefer looking for material from new Thrash bands like Hellish Crossfire.

I hope this post will clarify my position about old metal bands, so those who have been angry at me recently will understand my opinion better, no matter if they share it or not (and I don't ask them to). I understand the somewhat harsh reactions I got on the other thread and I'm not angry at anyone for those reactions. When you have clear and strong opinions like me, you need to be prepared for virulent reactions.

My opinion on old metal bands is just what it is: my opinion. I never pretended it was a fact.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
12.11.2011 - 20:50
Misfit74
I have guarded optimism about this. Firstly, I've been a fan since I really knew any form of heavier music. Grade-school I listened to Live Evil constantly, though I also listened and appreciated most all the discography of Black Sabbath. I like old, Ozzy Sabbath, Dio Sabbath (the best), and the album Born Again with Ian Gillan. Even some of the Reunion (album) stuff is pretty good. Secondly, I've never seen Sabbath live. I've been to many, many shows but never Black Sabbath. So, barring a complete train-wreck of a new album and/or severely lacking sound/ability forthcoming from the newest re-united, original lineup I'm excited to perhaps finally have a chance to see them live. Even if they are old bastards now!

I've also never seen Ozzy live, having really left fandom after Speak Of The Devil and Bark At The Moon. So, I have reason to be excited about this at least a little bit. Perhaps it's too late to get a quality release and quality show, but Toni Iommi is a seemingly timeless musicians who, I believe, can still get it done. I hope they give us all something to look forward to.
12.11.2011 - 21:47
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Misfit74 on 12.11.2011 at 20:50
but Toni Iommi is a seemingly timeless musicians who, I believe, can still get it done. I hope they give us all something to look forward to.

This is the only bright spark about this that gives me at least some hope that new Sabbath material can be great. On "The Devil You Know" (and the other new Sabbath songs on "The Dio Years") Tony Iommi proved that he could still write amazing riffs and music. So providing Ozzy's voice isn't completely shot now, and Bill Ward has recovered from his illnesses in recent years, then just maybe, we can have another great Sabbath album. And seeing as neither the last Sabbath album with Ozzy ("Never Say Die") or their last studio album proper ("Forbidden") were very good, then there is at least a reasonable chance they can put out something that bests those disappointing albums...
12.11.2011 - 22:13
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by RavenKing on 12.11.2011 at 18:29

tl;dr

I remember when you used to be much more direct and aggressive when posting on such matters, without excusing yourself all the time that "it's my opinion, I get what others might think, blah, blah..."

Or is that part of your ideology, pussificational evolution?
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
13.11.2011 - 00:02
I_Die_Often
They did this in 98-99 also...
Not surprised they did it again.
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
13.11.2011 - 00:09
RavenKing
Written by vezzy on 12.11.2011 at 22:13

Written by RavenKing on 12.11.2011 at 18:29

tl;dr

I remember when you used to be much more direct and aggressive when posting on such matters, without excusing yourself all the time that "it's my opinion, I get what others might think, blah, blah..."

Or is that part of your ideology, pussificational evolution?

Difference is before I thought that it was obvious it was only my opinion. I considered it an evidence and didn't bother to bring the precision. However, I noticed that it led to confusion because people sometimes believed that I considered my opinions as facts. I prefer to be more precise now.

I think my opinions are as direct as they were, it's only my writing style that changed a bit.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
13.11.2011 - 01:44
Slayer666
Hooray for band necromancy!

Hits total: 7019 | This month: 17