Metal Storm logo
Blut Aus Nord

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 18.05.2006 - 11:52
Further proof that France do own the world's finest black metal bands.

Spanning black metal and industrial/ambient, Vindsval has created an absolute monolithe in post bm. He began with the title 'Vlad' before changing the name after two demos and creating the much loved 'Ultima Thulee' which really put them on the map. As his career progressed he experimented with industrial and ambient and has carved the now highly stylised and distinctive Blut Aus Nord sound.
26.03.2011 - 05:09
Yasmine
Written by RobertNowhere on 08.12.2010 at 22:23

A pseudo-intellectual = everybody....

Not true some people are very comfortable being idiots.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
26.03.2011 - 14:59
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Received the cd, ripping it to my pc and then putting it on my iphone. just like BaN intended it.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
26.03.2011 - 17:33
The Turbanator
All the Epitomes are in Youtube by the way. Someone uploaded them. Just heard them. Can't wait for the new album.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
30.03.2011 - 16:48
Jοe
Account deleted
Transrations preases:

Epitome 1
Rien ne saurait preceder l'echo de dieu, le grand mal qui se terre en amont du temps.

Epitome 2
Une source qui preserve sa lumiere, loin de la vie en dehors de la vie, une abstraction supreme qui laisse le dogmes du temps creer sa propre illusion, creer sa legende et son ennemi.

Epitome 3
L'accession, la concupiscence et la devotion comme seules regles de non-existence.

Epitome 4
La gloire des peres de l'homme, des faussaires qui injectent le sang des saints.

Epitome 5
Les origines sont multiples, elles proliferent et sement les secondes a leur tour, des secondes d'effroi et de doute qui accompagneront ces morts jusqu'aux portes du neant.

Epitome 6
Ils mourraient sous le poids des siecles dans la redemption. Ils mourraient en implorant, laissant un dernier pardon sechapper puis resonner dans la confusion du temps sans meme comprendre le peche.

Apologies for spelling/grammatical errors/lack of accents/your mother/etc.
30.03.2011 - 18:21
The Turbanator
Written by [user id=4365] on 30.03.2011 at 16:48

HAHAHAHA
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
30.03.2011 - 18:38
Jοe
Account deleted
Written by The Turbanator on 30.03.2011 at 18:21

Written by [user id=4365] on 30.03.2011 at 16:48

HAHAHAHA

Aha, don't draw attention to that bit >.<
30.03.2011 - 20:01
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I have the album, haven't had time to listen to it yet.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
30.03.2011 - 20:14
Jοe
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 30.03.2011 at 20:01

I have the album, haven't had time to listen to it yet.

Then quit your jibba jabba and listen to it. Tis only 45 little minutes.
30.03.2011 - 20:23
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Doing just that. On Epitome 4 right now. Not impressed yet.
----

30.03.2011 - 23:04
The Turbanator
It's lovely. I like this album more than their previous release (Liber I & II)
----
30.03.2011 - 23:14
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I'm currently on my second and a half spin and I have got to admit, I am very disappointed so far. I don't want to draw any quick conclusions and I'd like to keep an open mind and give it a couple more spins, but right now it sounds just like concrete mixer rilled with riffs.

+

For a 'concept album', it really lacks cohesion imo. As far as I can tell at this point.
----

31.03.2011 - 00:02
Jοe
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 30.03.2011 at 23:14

I'm currently on my second and a half spin and I have got to admit, I am very disappointed so far. I don't want to draw any quick conclusions and I'd like to keep an open mind and give it a couple more spins, but right now it sounds just like concrete mixer rilled with riffs.

+

For a 'concept album', it really lacks cohesion imo. As far as I can tell at this point.

Haha, coming from the honkey that complained that the recent DsO lacked intensity and chaos. You're just confused boy, listen to it more ;]
31.03.2011 - 00:05
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Different bands, different sounds, different desires.

Definitely going to listen to it again though. But maybe I should also say I've never actually liked any BAN, from what I've heard. 'cept for the dead clowns.
----

31.03.2011 - 00:06
Jοe
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 31.03.2011 at 00:05

Definitely going to listen to it again though. But maybe I should also say I've never actually liked any BAN, from what I've heard. 'cept for the dead clowns.

Well I'd imagine you probably at least like Epitome 2 and 6 then?
31.03.2011 - 00:10
Jοe
Account deleted
Written by The Turbanator on 30.03.2011 at 23:04

It's lovely. I like this album more than their previous release (Liber I & II)

Haha, only a BaN fan would describe this kind of music as "lovely". I do agree though. It is lovely dissonance.
31.03.2011 - 00:21
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by [user id=4365] on 31.03.2011 at 00:06

Well I'd imagine you probably at least like Epitome 2 and 6 then?

Yes, I definitely do. In fact, I think looking at most of the sections individually the album is very good. 2 is great, 6 is great, and the other tracks all have their moments as well. Definitely. I love the sound/distortion as well. I like where they're going, I like what they envision and what they're trying to portray. I personally find, on paper, the concepts they develop very interesting.

But looking at the album as a whole, the execution of the entire thing, the way they glue their pieces together.... not so much. TWWTG had it's weaker moments which ruined it for me, this one (seems to) lack 'smoothness', or whatever the fuck you want to call it.

Compare this to The Angelic Process' Weighing Souls With Sand. Both albums rely completely on a specific, unique sound. Weighing Souls With Sand slowly eases you from one state/piece of mind/scenery into another, 777 Sect(s) (again, as far as I can tell) just pummels you from the one straight into the other.
----

31.03.2011 - 00:23
Jοe
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 31.03.2011 at 00:21

Yes, I definitely do. In fact, I think looking at most of the sections individually the album is very good. 2 is great, 6 is great, and the other tracks all have their moments as well. Definitely. I love the sound/distortion as well. I like where they're going, I like what they envision and what they're trying to portray. I personally find, on paper, the concepts they develop very interesting.

But looking at the album as a whole, the execution of the entire thing, the way they glue their pieces together.... not so much. TWWTG had it's weaker moments which ruined it for me, this one (seems to) lack 'smoothness', or whatever the fuck you want to call it.

Compare this to The Angelic Process' Weighing Souls With Sand. Both albums rely completely on a specific, unique sound. Weighing Souls With Sand slowly eases you from one state/piece of mind/scenery into another, 777 Sect(s) (again, as far as I can tell) just pummels you from the one straight into the other.

Yep, I completely agree that's the issue here. I guess if you're really into the sound you can kinda make up for the gaps and spaces, a bit like the brain filling in for visual discrepancies. They just needed to spend a bit more time on it and sort out the subtleties of the record I think. Next time maybe.
31.03.2011 - 00:36
Slayer666
Written by Lucas on 30.03.2011 at 23:14

Although I lol'd very much at this description, I don't really agree. I'm not mindlessly blown away by the album, but there is definitely an evil, disturbing vibe going on that is quite enjoyable.
Marduk's "Heaven Shall Burn..." is the only non-parody/non-recorded-in-the-basement-of-some-dude's-mom to sound like a concrete mixer with riffs, IMO.

EDIT: Holy shit, this is my 777th post. O_O
31.03.2011 - 01:45
The Turbanator
Written by Lucas on 31.03.2011 at 00:05

I love the Dead Clowns. Elevation from Memoria Vetusta II is a not bad instrumental track as well.

BAN is a very hard to digest black metal band, like Deathspell Omega. I still haven't got into DSO, only 1 album (Si Monumentum) and that too only a few tracks. Best BAN album for me is TWWTG. MV II and MV I comes 2nd.
----
31.03.2011 - 01:48
The Turbanator
Written by Slayer666 on 31.03.2011 at 00:36

EDIT: Holy shit, this is my 777th post. O_O

777th post in a thread discussing about Sect 777 album?

*wears my tin foil hat and start drawing symbols*
----
31.05.2011 - 16:58
Tetravirulence
Listening to 777 sect(s) somehow always reminds me of the movie District 9, i dont know why but it does lol
----
Metal News Community!! http://head-metal-bangers.blogspot.com

RIP Juhani Palomaki (1977-2010)
31.05.2011 - 18:52
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Tetravirulence on 31.05.2011 at 16:58

Listening to 777 sect(s) somehow always reminds me of the movie District 9, i dont know why but it does lol

That's kind of a strange association o.0 BaN stuff always makes me think of post-apocalyptic, empty, windswept cities with buildings in tatters under a black and cloudy sky.
31.05.2011 - 18:57
Tetravirulence
Written by [user id=4365] on 31.05.2011 at 18:52

That's kind of a strange association o.0 BaN stuff always makes me think of post-apocalyptic, empty, windswept cities with buildings in tatters under a black and cloudy sky.

I think may be tis because of the word "sect" more to do with this which keeps ringing on my head while listening to the album lol, it is strange isnt it lol !!
----

31.05.2011 - 18:58
Tetravirulence
Written by Tetravirulence on 31.05.2011 at 18:57

Written by [user id=4365] on 31.05.2011 at 18:52

I think may be tis because of the word "sect" more to do with this which keeps ringing on my head while listening to the album lol, it is strange isnt it lol !!

Oh and also the album art!!
----

31.05.2011 - 19:01
(((O)))
Will BaN release two more albums this year?
31.05.2011 - 19:08
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Tetravirulence on 31.05.2011 at 18:58

I often have associations with stuff that have no bearing on each other. For example certain foods remind me of particular films or video games. S'weird.
31.05.2011 - 19:09
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by (((O))) on 31.05.2011 at 19:01

Supposedly yes, two more 777 projects. Apparently they won't be like Sect(s) though.
31.05.2011 - 19:12
(((O)))
Written by [user id=4365] on 31.05.2011 at 19:09

Supposedly yes, two more 777 projects. Apparently they won't be like Sect(s) though.

Interesting, I just hope that they put quality before quantity
31.05.2011 - 19:15
Tetravirulence
Written by [user id=4365] on 31.05.2011 at 19:08

Written by Tetravirulence on 31.05.2011 at 18:58

I often have associations with stuff that have no bearing on each other. For example certain foods remind me of particular films or video games. S'weird.

hey JOOE do u have any link of them Live, i searched a lot but could not find one
----

31.05.2011 - 19:16
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by (((O))) on 31.05.2011 at 19:12

Written by [user id=4365] on 31.05.2011 at 19:09

Interesting, I just hope that they put quality before quantity

Yeah I hope so too. The 777 idea has been around for at least a couple of years now with lots of delays so I'm kinda hoping the reason it was delayed so long is because they were gonna split it into three. That way they would have had ample time to work on each part. Saying that though they have a lot of other stuff mentioned like splits and albums of many other various different styles. They seem to manage pretty well each time though, as long as they stay away from standard black metal. They need to keep it crazy and weird.