Metal Storm logo
Feedback on my band's new songs

13.12.2011 - 22:48
I'm about releasing our debut full-length for my black metal band Dark Promise . I have 2 finished songs so I was wondering if you could give me your opinions

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dark-Promise/128417323937562
http://www.reverbnation.com/darkpromise

Regards,
13.12.2011 - 22:57
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
If I were to score it in a review, you'd probably get a solid 7 from me. This isn't too shabby to be honest - although based on the two songs I listened to on your RN website all I can say is that the music is incredibly simple.

Really strong vocal work. I'm just not really enticed by the guitars. Or the drums. I'd say a more raw production would suit this sound better to be honest. With such a strong focus on minimalism it seems contradictory to have such a sharp sound, being that there isn't really a need for the listener to focus in on each individual instrument.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
13.12.2011 - 23:04
Written by Troy Killjoy on 13.12.2011 at 22:57

If I were to score it in a review, you'd probably get a solid 7 from me. This isn't too shabby to be honest - although based on the two songs I listened to on your RN website all I can say is that the music is incredibly simple.

Really strong vocal work. I'm just not really enticed by the guitars. Or the drums. I'd say a more raw production would suit this sound better to be honest. With such a strong focus on minimalism it seems contradictory to have such a sharp sound, being that there isn't really a need for the listener to focus in on each individual instrument.

Thanks for the feedback
14.12.2011 - 00:51
New song is up entitled "Maceration"
14.12.2011 - 04:44
JD
Account deleted
I think "The Menance Of Our Lord" is a good song actually
14.12.2011 - 04:52
Written by Guest on 14.12.2011 at 04:44

I think "The Menance Of Our Lord" is a good song actually

Thanks Wait 'till you listen to "Maceration"
16.12.2011 - 03:43
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Very good! id give a 7.5-8, and im not a big black metal fan.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
16.12.2011 - 07:45
Written by Boxcar Willy on 16.12.2011 at 03:43

Very good! id give a 7.5-8, and im not a big black metal fan.

Glad that you liked them . I appreciate that
22.12.2011 - 00:40
Ísak Petersen
Account deleted
Not so bad
22.12.2011 - 02:37
Written by Guest on 22.12.2011 at 00:40

Not so bad

Haha . Cool
22.12.2011 - 15:42
theFIST
I think The Menace of our Lord is quite good, but needs much more distortion and the cymbals far higher in the mix and equalizer for them set to more high frequency sound
well written song anyways, vocals fit it perfectly but should be slightly lower in the mix

The Mysterious Dawn is not close enough to what i like to listen to for me to comment on it, i can"t give you tips for that

Maceration is also a well written song, but the production makes it terrible
for drumming and rhythm guitar i can copy the advice "needs much more distortion and the cymbals far higher in the mix and equalizer for them set to more high frequency sound" and add that the rhythm guitar needs to be far higher in the mix
the clean melodic guitar mixed so high completely ruins the song, you should turn it down very much as soon as the rest kicks in

anyways congratulation on what you managed to do so far
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
23.12.2011 - 01:18
Written by theFIST on 22.12.2011 at 15:42

I think The Menace of our Lord is quite good, but needs much more distortion and the cymbals far higher in the mix and equalizer for them set to more high frequency sound
well written song anyways, vocals fit it perfectly but should be slightly lower in the mix

The Mysterious Dawn is not close enough to what i like to listen to for me to comment on it, i can"t give you tips for that

for drumming and rhythm guitar i can copy the advice "needs much more distortion and the cymbals far higher in the mix and equalizer for them set to more high frequency sound" and add that the rhythm guitar needs to be far higher in the mix
the clean melodic guitar mixed so high completely ruins the song, you should turn it down very much as soon as the rest kicks in

Well, many thanks for the advices but as a matter of fact I didn't mix the tracks myself because I don't have the proper knowledge for mixing/mastering and that's why I've written "Writing Music" in the title because it's music which I'm offering and not mixing techniques .

Regards and thanks for the understanding .
23.12.2011 - 11:55
theFIST
Written by It's bad for ya on 23.12.2011 at 01:18

Written by theFIST on 22.12.2011 at 15:42

Well, many thanks for the advices but as a matter of fact I didn't mix the tracks myself because I don't have the proper knowledge for mixing/mastering and that's why I've written "Writing Music" in the title because it's music which I'm offering and not mixing techniques .

Regards and thanks for the understanding .

oh, ok
well, in the songwriting and performing parts you succeeded
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
23.12.2011 - 13:55
Thanks