Metal Storm logo
Storm Corrosion = Steven Wilson + Mikael Åkerfeldt

22.12.2011 - 19:36
Ðírg&euml
Well I dont know if this is the right forum catagory to post this but here it is... I think some of you already know about this through Steve wilson facebook group. I couldnt wait to say this whatever times I can. It's totally wicked to hear my most favorite three musicians are working together. I really do hope that they come up with something less similar but equally class music like opeth/Porcupine Tree/Steve Wilson/Bloodbath and so on.

here is a video of steve talking about the project: http://www.metalinjection.net/tv/view/8058/steven-wilson-exclusive-interview-2011

The official Storm Corrosion Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Storm-Corrosion/187831801312141?sk=wall
----
LAST.FM : http://www.last.fm/user/DirgeElucidatr
MY PHOTOGRAPHY: http://blasphemedsoldier.deviantart.com/
22.12.2011 - 20:11
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
And for the record, this is a separate project. Don't add the upcoming release into Steven Wilson's discography page please.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
23.12.2011 - 13:51
Ðírg&euml
Written by Troy Killjoy on 22.12.2011 at 20:11

And for the record, this is a separate project. Don't add the upcoming release into Steven Wilson's discography page please.

Hahaha! How would I? Of course it is a separate project.
----
23.12.2011 - 20:59
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Ðírg&euml on 23.12.2011 at 13:51
Hahaha! How would I? Of course it is a separate project.

As soon as news of this collaboration leaked the album was already added to SW's discography.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
23.12.2011 - 21:15
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
Seeing as Opeth's and Porcupine Tree's last albums aren't great, I'mm not too hopeful about this project. But then, maybe these guys will develop a new synergy and give us something truly great? I just hope it won't be prog wankery all the way.
24.12.2011 - 00:47
Ðírg&euml
Opeth's new album is a mystery to me. I just dont understand it! But porcupine tree was decent enough with their last album. I really dont think it would be heavy cause mike is being so down tempo and what not these days.
----
11.03.2012 - 03:01
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Cover artwork and tracklist was just revealed.

Track Listing
1. Drag Ropes - 9:52
2. Storm Corrosion - 10:12
3. Hag - 6:28
4. Happy - 4:53
5. Lock Howl - 6:09
6. Ljudet Innan - 10:20

I have hopes for this one
14.03.2012 - 06:35
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Written by Unhealer on 11.03.2012 at 03:01

I have hopes for this one

Holy fuck! Nice find! I cannot wait...
----
rekt
14.03.2012 - 11:22
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Love the artwork but I'ms skeptical about the music. I don't mind Wilson's latest stuff with PT but Heritage was quite crappy.

I won't expect anything, better doing that than being terribly dissapointed afterwards.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
14.03.2012 - 19:53
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by X-Ray Rod on 14.03.2012 at 11:22

Love the artwork but I'ms skeptical about the music. I don't mind Wilson's latest stuff with PT but Heritage was quite crappy.

I won't expect anything, better doing that than being terribly dissapointed afterwards.

That is the best option. My bet is that they were probably having fun and drinking wine, so nothing much will probably come of it (I hope I'm wrong in the end).
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
16.03.2012 - 04:37
NyarlathoTim
Written by Ðírg&euml on 24.12.2011 at 00:47

Opeth's new album is a mystery to me. I just dont understand it! But porcupine tree was decent enough with their last album. I really dont think it would be heavy cause mike is being so down tempo and what not these days.

Heritage was just confusing. I heard one guy describe it as "jazzy". Yeah, maybe it's jazzy to someone who has never heard jazz before.

I have a feeling this Storm Corrosion thing is going to take the confusion even farther.

I'll get it, but I suspect I'll be doing this:
----
Burning Shadows - US Power Metal
Recently Vacated Graves - Zombie Metal
Isenmor - Folk Metal
24.04.2012 - 06:12
Unhealer
Eclecticist
It's out there... nothing really "surpring" but it's good.

Tomorrow they'll release the first single.
EDIT: Well, today.
24.04.2012 - 08:12
Nefarious
Doom Knight
Staff
I managed to hear the album yesterday & it's exactly how i expected it to be......

Terrible.

I really didn't enjoy Heritage at all though, so i went into this with an open mind but not expecting much. It just didn't excite me in the slightest.
----
"FUCK!!! You're the fucking 5th person asking me in an interview about the woman in the bathtub?The problem is that I AM the fucking person in the bathtub, and I AM a fucking MAN, for fuck's sake! I hate you all!" ~ Herr Morbid
24.04.2012 - 12:02
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
This could be the "sleeper" hit of 2012.
24.04.2012 - 16:05
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Introspekrieg on 24.04.2012 at 12:02

This could be the "sleeper" hit of 2012.

That is a really fitting description.
24.04.2012 - 18:19
Unhealer
Eclecticist
It's out there

24.04.2012 - 18:37
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
What a terrible song. I'm glad I'm not a fan of Wilson or Akerfeldt or I'd be pretty upset over this collaboration.
----
24.04.2012 - 18:43
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Troy Killjoy on 24.04.2012 at 18:37

What a terrible song. I'm glad I'm not a fan of Wilson or Akerfeldt or I'd be pretty upset over this collaboration.

That doesn't make a lot of sense... if you were a fan of those two there would be a big chance of you liking this.
24.04.2012 - 19:02
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Unhealer on 24.04.2012 at 18:43
That doesn't make a lot of sense... if you were a fan of those two there would be a big chance of you liking this.

I suppose, although from what I've heard from the two (Opeth, Bloodbath, Blackfield, and Porcupine Tree) I can at least understand objectively what people get all excited about in terms of the music.

But this song was just... I dunno. Definitely not the quality I would expect if I considered myself a fan of either artist.
----
24.04.2012 - 19:08
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Troy Killjoy on 24.04.2012 at 19:02

But this song was just... I dunno. Definitely not the quality I would expect if I considered myself a fan of either artist.

I believe there will be a handful of fans that think just like you, don't worry Mainly the ones that didn't like Opeth's latest and SW's solo outputs.
25.04.2012 - 03:46
Sentinel65
I like the video/song quite a bit, although I wonder if I'll enjoy the song as much without the video. I like Heritage too. I'll give them room to experiment.
25.04.2012 - 13:07
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Elite
Written by Unhealer on 24.04.2012 at 19:08

I believe there will be a handful of fans that think just like you, don't worry Mainly the ones that didn't like Opeth's latest and SW's solo outputs.

Seems largely uninteresting to me at the moment, even though I liked Opeth's latest and Wilson's latest solo album :/ The video was more interesting than the music.
04.05.2012 - 16:21
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Listening to it right now. It's exactly what I expected = prog rock. If you're hoping for Opeth or Porcupine Tree...sorry, you won't find any!
----
rekt
04.05.2012 - 19:21
JD
Account deleted
I wouldn't exactly call that project a prog rock. Anyway boring album.
06.05.2012 - 08:25
Grey Wind
Wow that last clip was creepy. I think the video and the music really work well together, but I would not listen to that song on its own..
----
wimps and posers leave the hall lol
06.05.2012 - 13:16
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Elite
Written by tea[m]ster on 04.05.2012 at 16:21

Listening to it right now. It's exactly what I expected = prog rock. If you're hoping for Opeth or Porcupine Tree...sorry, you won't find any!

I'm not sure whether that's a good thing at the moment, while it sounds pleasant enough it seems almost.. empty. Maybe that's because I'm waiting for the Opeth or PT to kick in though, not sure yet..
06.05.2012 - 17:13
TheBigRossowski
Not too impressed after the first few listens. Maybe this one will grew on me... or I'm not in the mood. My expectations were a little higher..
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
06.05.2012 - 17:41
Unhealer
Eclecticist
I think Drag Ropes, Storm Corrosion and Lock Howl are lovely songs. The rest of the songs are just ok, for now.
07.05.2012 - 01:06
InnerSelf
proofread free
I enjoyed the first listen A LOT more than I expected ! I might end up loving this, there is a strange (Earth meets Pyramids) feel in the last track that is mesmerizing. What I can safely say after one listen is that I definitely like this more than their last two albums.
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
11.05.2012 - 22:08
Stabby
Account deleted
It was pretty damn good, one time. Both of those guys are usually a lot more heavy and interesting and this is a nice little interlude in their careers. The video for Drag Ropes makes me feel very strange. It's a good thing.