Metal Storm logo
New Album Recommendations 2012

Original post

Posted by Boxcar Willy, 20.02.2012 - 04:51
Written by R'Vannith on 20.02.2012 at 04:48

Written by Boxcar Willy on 20.02.2012 at 04:37

At the graves?

lol

Ya, perhaps they named themselves after the King Diamond track?

Or they really like At The Gates.
14.12.2012 - 16:19
The Turbanator
Pagan BM band from Germany. Wolfhetan with their album " Was der Tag nicht ahnt". Worth listening.

http://wolfhetan.bandcamp.com/album/was-der-tag-nicht-ahnt
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
14.12.2012 - 18:09
IronAngel
Written by The Turbanator on 14.12.2012 at 16:13

French Doom metal, Monolithe released their 2nd full length this year. One track, 52 minutes long. Their "II" album would be in my top 10 this year.

II was released in 2005. They released a two-track EP, Interlude Second, early this year. I like it more than III, but this is nice too.
14.12.2012 - 19:25
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
German death/doom warehouse Doomed presenting with your latest CD In My Own Abyss.

Bandcamp.
14.12.2012 - 20:04
The Turbanator
Written by IronAngel on 14.12.2012 at 18:09

Written by The Turbanator on 14.12.2012 at 16:13

French Doom metal, Monolithe released their 2nd full length this year. One track, 52 minutes long. Their "II" album would be in my top 10 this year.

II was released in 2005. They released a two-track EP, Interlude Second, early this year. I like it more than III, but this is nice too.

You're right. I keep forgetting it was an EP. But I love Interlude Second.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
15.12.2012 - 02:02
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Just when I settle on a favourite death metal record of the year, this shows its head... Lovecraft inspired (I assume) death metal. Seems pretty crazy / fucking awesome.

What Demilich would sound like if they played doom death.

Best song from the demo:

And what do we have here? Electric Wizard with female vocals? Pretty much:

So good.
15.12.2012 - 05:02
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by The Turbanator on 14.12.2012 at 16:11

Make A Change...Kill Yourself's new album. DSBM from Denmark.

Woot woot.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
17.12.2012 - 12:20
The Turbanator
Swedish doom metal band "Anguish" released their first full length called "Through The Archdemon's Head". Worth checking out!

http://darkdescentrecords.bandcamp.com/album/through-the-archdemons-head
----
17.12.2012 - 12:32
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by The Turbanator on 17.12.2012 at 12:20

Swedish doom metal band "Anguish" released their first full length called "Through The Archdemon's Head". Worth checking out!

found it extremely average to be honest. The demo was way better.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.12.2012 - 12:45
The Turbanator
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.12.2012 at 12:32

Written by The Turbanator on 17.12.2012 at 12:20

found it extremely average to be honest. The demo was way better.

Hmm not really a big fan of doom, and didn't hear their demo. Will check them out! thanks!
----
18.12.2012 - 02:50
whatsacow

Did a search and found a severe lack of these guys. Progressive Black Metal I guess you'd call them. Hands down my fav album of the year.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
18.12.2012 - 03:23
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Awesome post band from town, Rock, but Honey Badger don't give a shit.

http://advina.bandcamp.com/

----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
18.12.2012 - 03:41
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Boxcar Willy on 18.12.2012 at 03:23

Awesome post band from town, Rock, but Honey Badger don't give a shit.

I see what you did there
18.12.2012 - 07:26
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by whatsacow on 18.12.2012 at 02:50

Did a search and found a severe lack of these guys. Progressive Black Metal I guess you'd call them. Hands down my fav album of the year.

a severe lack of these guys? You're talking about I would the single most overrated album of the year. It seems almost eevryone goes crazy about this okayish band
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.12.2012 - 10:01
Misfit74
Coprocephalic - Gluttonous Chunks (2012)

Crushing, slamming, ripping brutality. Reminds a twisted mix of Pathology, Kraanium, Abysmal Torment, and Splattered Remains.

18.12.2012 - 10:35
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Misfit74 on 18.12.2012 at 10:01

Crushing, slamming, ripping brutality. Reminds a twisted mix of Pathology, Kraanium, Abysmal Torment, and Splattered Remains.

heh, taken from bandcamp recommendations, right?

Well, been through with this stuff and it's good. But, nothing that much enjoyable as the amount of ripping brutality "Pathology"," Splattered Remains" brings on table.
18.12.2012 - 15:11
whatsacow
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.12.2012 at 07:26

Written by whatsacow on 18.12.2012 at 02:50

a severe lack of these guys? You're talking about I would the single most overrated album of the year. It seems almost eevryone goes crazy about this okayish band

I searched their name on here and didn't find any results, and I'm going to advocate Australian music. And them being okayish is your opinion. I have an opeth itch that hasn't been scratched since ghost reveries, and these guys scratched it. As fo most overrated album, I'd say Gojira or Deftones new one. People won't shut up about them.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
18.12.2012 - 15:13
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by whatsacow on 18.12.2012 at 15:11

I'd say Gojira or Deftones new one. People won't shut up about them.

Well Gojira's new one might have an oddly high rating but I've seen a lot of complaints about it, not to mention two lukewarm reviews. I do happen to think the Deftones record is quite good though.

Ne Obliviscaris are currently the holder of the most overrated demo of all time for me. The debut was also quite flat as well.
18.12.2012 - 15:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite

I searched their name on here and didn't find any results,

3 pages of results right here http://metalstorm.net/forum/search.php?forumsearch=Ne+Obliviscaris&user_name=&new_board_id=&searchwhere=posts
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.12.2012 - 18:29
whatsacow
Written by [user id=4365] on 18.12.2012 at 15:13

I'd say Gojira or Deftones new one. People won't shut up about them.

Well Gojira's new one might have an oddly high rating but I've seen a lot of complaints about it, not to mention two lukewarm reviews. I do happen to think the Deftones record is quite good though.

Ne Obliviscaris are currently the holder of the most overrated demo of all time for me. The debut was also quite flat as well.

Really? The new Deftones album reused so much material. Half the riffs are from Diamond Eyes or Saturday night wrists. The guitarist seems quite lazy in this album.
This is the only site so far that I've seen give Gojira's new album a lukewarm review. Some are claiming it's their best, or that it's a pretty good offering from them.

Also, with Ne Obliviscaris, I have been extremely out of the loop with metal lately. The only metal I've been listening to is stuff I already owned while I ventured out into other genres. I've only recently gotten back into listening to extreme metal again that isn't avant garde, so I didn't know how overrated it was. I just heard a good album, and enjoyed it. And to be honest, thats how music should be. It should be judged on its own merits, not it's popularity.
----
18.12.2012 - 18:29
whatsacow
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.12.2012 at 15:49

I searched their name on here and didn't find any results,

3 pages of results right here http://metalstorm.net/forum/search.php?forumsearch=Ne+Obliviscaris&user_name=&new_board_id=&searchwhere=posts

I only searched this thread... so uh yeah. Now I feel like a retard.
----
18.12.2012 - 20:17
Misfit74
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 18.12.2012 at 10:35

Well, been through with this stuff and it's good. But, nothing that much enjoyable as the amount of ripping brutality "Pathology"," Splattered Remains" brings on table.

Nah, don't really ever go to bandcamp... I can understand someone not liking this band only if you don't like the genre(s) they play within. Slam and brutal death are my favorite, so of course I'd be recommending albums like this.
19.12.2012 - 00:21
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Misfit74 on 18.12.2012 at 20:17

Nah, don't really ever go to bandcamp...

You're missing out bro.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
19.12.2012 - 08:38
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha

Slam and brutal death are my favorite, so of course I'd be recommending albums like this.

Yeah, you keep recommending to it. I loved that too. I was saying I checked out that album already and wasn't much interested to it, but that doesn't mean you stop recommending. Well, most of the albums recommended out here are from bandcamp and if you click on recommendations on bandcamp( ofc, selecting by genre) it will flush out boatloads of recent brutal death metal albums released by band under independent or well under established underground label.
19.12.2012 - 20:24
Misfit74
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 19.12.2012 at 08:38

Slam and brutal death are my favorite, so of course I'd be recommending albums like this.

Yeah, you keep recommending to it. I loved that too. I was saying I checked out that album already and wasn't much interested to it, but that doesn't mean you stop recommending. Well, most of the albums recommended out here are from bandcamp and if you click on recommendations on bandcamp( ofc, selecting by genre) it will flush out boatloads of recent brutal death metal albums released by band under independent or well under established underground label.

Sounds like I need to open my mind a bit more about bandcamp. Thanks. I've used Reverbnation a few times to sample music and know Bandcamp is better in many ways, I just don't know of the way to check out specific rec's for genres I like.
20.12.2012 - 22:39
InnerSelf
proofread free
B.M. Sharp is da man.
new Cloudkicker single rocks.

EDIT : it reads like a front page headline
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
21.12.2012 - 20:55
ß
Problem?
Looks like I'll be busy this upcoming Christmas break catching up on all the new releases that I've yet to listen to.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
21.12.2012 - 23:26
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Aeon - Aeons Black

Nox Vorago - Obsidian Stonemirrors
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

23.12.2012 - 04:04
Edmund Fogg
Post Atmospheric Black Metal at its finest. Another highlight of the year.

Celephaïs - Tir n'a n'Og

Bandcamp
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
23.12.2012 - 13:27
The Turbanator
Not an album, just their demo. Black/Death metal band from Switzerland, Bölzer released their debut demo called "Roman Acupuncture". It's good. Check it out.

other tracks in their demo : https://soundcloud.com/bolzer/bolzer-roman_acupuncture
----
25.12.2012 - 02:09
IronAngel
On a clumsy laptop so I won't search the entire topic, but I don't think the new Opium Warlords album, We Meditate Under The Pussy In The Sky, was mentioned yet. It's Sami Hynninen/Albert Witchfinder known best for Reverend Bizarre, playing pretty experimental drone doom. Most of the album is instrumental, but this monolithic highlight features some vocals.