Metal Storm logo
Jared Anderson - Ex-Morbid Angel/Hate Eternal Member Passes Away At 30

According to Cincinnati.com, Jared Anderson, the former bassist/vocalist of Hate Eternal and Morbid Angel, passed away on Saturday, October 14 at the age of 30. The cause of his death has not yet been released. Visitation will take place Thursday, October 19 at the E. C. Nurre Funeral Home, St. Rt. 125 Amelia, Ohio from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. followed by Funeral Services Thursday, 11 a.m. at the Funeral Home. Interment Pierce Township Cemetery.

Jared Anderson was most recently working on a project which was known by its alias As One... Jared described the band's musical direction on his MySpace page as "a revision of my Internecine writings, or shall I say 'written in the vein of.' The Internecine record itself was all 'old' material from the early to mid-'90s that I was given the offer to record, so obviously I opted to do so. Highly technical, obscure death metal was purely the intent of Internecine. Although most of the material was written many years prior to recording it, there were a couple of songs that were more recent. The two songs were 'The Elder Gods' and 'The Calling Of The Hordes'. This is where As One... comes in, kind of continuing where I left off so to speak, with a much more matured sound."

Back in February 2006, former Morbid Angel bassist/vocalist Steve Tucker confirmed to Blabbermouth.net that he was putting together a new project with Jared Anderson. "It is definitely death metal," Tucker said at the time. "It is very early on, but we are both extremely excited about it. No name yet, a few songs written, varying in tempo etc."

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Morbid Angel
Posted: 17.10.2006 by Promonex

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 34 users
18.10.2006 - 00:24
Wo0dy
Account deleted
damn how many musicians are gonna die this year
18.10.2006 - 00:51
Damnated
Churchburner
yeah. metal is dying. RIP
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
18.10.2006 - 02:05
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
This is too bad. I know he wasn't on any official recordings but damn. R.I.P.
----
The force will be with you, always.
18.10.2006 - 03:13
Mega-Slayer
I hope Steve releases the songs they have recorded,RIP Jared.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
18.10.2006 - 04:48
Thrash666
R.I.P Jared
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
18.10.2006 - 05:29
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I never knew him as a friend, but I pay my respects to him and the work he has done. R.I.P.
18.10.2006 - 05:54
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Damn, another one... Respect. RIDM
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
18.10.2006 - 13:33
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Another metal soul died... RIP Jared
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
20.10.2006 - 22:08
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Earache Records have commented on the passing of former Morbid Angel, Hate Eternal bassist/singer Jared Anderson who passed away on Saturday, October 14th, 2006:

"Earache Records would like to express its condolences to the family and friends of Jared Anderson who passed away on October 14. Jared made a lasting impression on the Earache catalogue with his contribution to the Hate Eternal album King Of All Kings, as well as his masterful live performances with the band, a feat he was to repeat with
equal class when fronting Morbid Angel after the departure of Steve Tucker."

Earache label manager Dan Tobin commented on Anderson's passing:
"I think Erik Rutan has pretty much said it all when it comes to expressing the regret and shock at Jared's passing. I only met the guy a couple of times when he came through the UK with Morbid Angel, but he struck me as a
thoughtful and dedicated musician who was able to take on the challenges presented to him by both Hate Eternal and Morbid Angel. Particularly with Morbid Angel, he won over fans with his wholehearted commitment to the music
and also the fans of the music. The response from the fans to the news of his death only goes to prove the positive impression he made on people."
(Source: http://www.earacherecords.com)
----
Your favorite band sucks.

Hits total: 7777 | This month: 15