Metal Storm logo
Black Flag

06.01.2012 - 20:53
metalheadpunk
Account deleted
Black Flag is one of my favorite bands, and they had a big influence on punk and some metal. Just want to know what everyone else thinks of them. Like em? Hate em? Dont care?
08.01.2012 - 06:15
gav1230
They're pretty awesome, Rollins is an incredible vocalist. They have so much more energy then the mainstream "punk" bands that are popular now.
10.01.2012 - 05:02
metalheadpunk
Account deleted
Written by gav1230 on 08.01.2012 at 06:15

They're pretty awesome, Rollins is an incredible vocalist. They have so much more energy then the mainstream "punk" bands that are popular now.

Yeah most definatly, he is one of my main influences as a vocalist and they have some raw and powerful songs.
11.01.2012 - 00:14
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Funny how rollins gets the love. GREG GINN, the guitarist, is the guy who deserves the vast majority of the cred.

he's the one that was with the band continuously while virtually every other slot was a revolving door.

four vocalists - most of whom I actually prefer within the context of Flag's music (as opposed to Rollins' solo material, where he fits), five bassists, six drummers...

the only other guitarist was former vocalist Dez Cadena, who served as a second guitarist for a couple years.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
11.01.2012 - 15:26
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by BitterCOld on 11.01.2012 at 00:14
Funny how rollins gets the love. GREG GINN, the guitarist, is the guy who deserves the vast majority of the cred.

Basically: A one-man-band with some session dudes here and there.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
27.01.2013 - 08:26
squidrick420
I love black flag! i gotta say that with or without Rollins does not matter to me, they were good before him too. In fact I enjoy the original versions of Six Pack and Damaged better then the Rollins versions. I love their stuff with Keith Morris too, classic shit!
05.02.2013 - 01:44
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Conveniently they have a nice chart of who played when:

----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
27.05.2014 - 21:10
Dr.Overkill26
Dudes... Who DOESN'T like Black Flag? And I agree, Rollins gets way too much credit, yes he's a good vocalist but they were/are good with or without him on vocals. I saw them live with ron reyes, it was a bit low energy but nonetheless a fantastic show!
----
Do you need what I need? Boundaries overthrown Look inside to each his own
Do you trust what I trust? me myself and I Penetrate the smoke screen I see Through the selfish lie