Metal Storm logo
Feminism

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 22.10.2006 - 20:47
I'm really tired of all the feminists who blames every single bad thing in the society on the men.

A few years ago the leader of the national organisation for women- and girl-helpcenters (dont know the proper english translation) said, in public, that all men are pigs. How the hell can she say something like that? How the hell can women draw the conclusion that ALL men are bad?
Afterwards, when it had been on the first page in every newspaper, there was a reporter who asked her if she still meant what she said. She answered "But all men ARE pigs. Don't YOU think so?"
When I heard that I was like "whoa!" I mean, she sounded like a freakin maniac. I was honestly scared.

Another feminist debate in Sweden was whether we would boycott the FIFA World Cup just because prostitution is legal in Germany. Some stupid feminist (can't remember name) wrote a blog about that men "should take their responsibility". She said that if you're not against it, you're with it. How the hell can she really believe that i can't enjoy football without having to fuck a prostitute after a game? Talk about preconceived opinions.
"Men are pigs" pfff... That fucking feminist blogger is nothing but a filthy animal.

Since a new party started in Swedish politics, Feministic Initiative, I am no longer a feminist. I do believe that men and women should be equal to eachother, but the word feminist has got a new meaning to me. Feminism is now a synonyme to the word "sexism".
This party wanted all men to pay a certain tax that would pay for the rehabilitation of beat up women. Fucking fascists!

And have you heard about the book "The SCUM-manifest"? The author basically says that men are the reason why the world is as bad as it is, and that all women should exterminate the male gender. Hmm, that sounds familiar somehow. Could it be MEIN KAMPF, written by freakin ADOLF HITLER??? Only the word "jew" has been replaced by the word "male".

I am not a feminist, but I am a feminimasculinist. I don't want women to run the world. I want both men AND women to do it. Therefore, I am a feminimasculinist.
All feminists should burn in hell. Boycott feminism.
28.06.2010 - 02:51
flickaa
Hahahahahahha I can't stop laughing =) anyways.... as vague as it sounds.... no matter who is right or wrong... there will be always gender differences and even dislike btwn both sexes... cus there is always competition against eachother ...etc..etc..etc you will always have your man hating feminist like women hatrtd... its pointless to even argue with such extremists ... if the world just had one gender..... perhaps we wouldnt even have such debate....... blahh this is almost like politics... ehhhhhhh
07.07.2010 - 20:03
FOOCK Nam
What women feminist want more , , you can work whatever job, femininely or masculinely, already had female president, queen, female mafia leader, etc, ...you reach every power you want, but on the whole perspective as the world, , you cant rule the world, simply because you cant beat men . Sound cliche but the ones who beat the others are the ones who protect and serve the beaten. The fact that throughout history that men are the one who went to war protecting family/country, more self-sacrifying,...so more priviledge of being ruler placed in subconscious of mighty animal race human being. The zeal of gender power over each other drive hatred come but logically, men are dominant on the big aspect of the whole human world. If feminist want to change it reversely, go until beat men, if you can
15.07.2010 - 15:15
Vombatus
Potorro
I hate feminists, they are always crying and complaining about everything that men do and seem so frustated. I think they just need to get laid or something XD.
Other thing I hate about them is there absurd ideas, like in Spain, where the feminist lobby is well implanted in politics with the "ministry of equalty" (and believe me, there is nothing "equal" in it). Not long ago they wanted to ban or limit the realese of all the Disney classics like Snow White and Cinderella coz it was "offensive for women's integrity" and shit like that.....

Feminists are a joke
20.07.2010 - 23:06
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Vombatus on 15.07.2010 at 15:15

I hate feminists, they are always crying and complaining about everything that men do and seem so frustated. I think they just need to get laid or something XD.
Other thing I hate about them is there absurd ideas, like in Spain, where the feminist lobby is well implanted in politics with the "ministry of equalty" (and believe me, there is nothing "equal" in it). Not long ago they wanted to ban or limit the realese of all the Disney classics like Snow White and Cinderella coz it was "offensive for women's integrity" and shit like that.....

Feminists are a joke

That is not feminism! You even said there is ''nothing equal in it''. True feminism is about equality for women, and nothing else. There are men haters, and feminazis parading as feminists, but they are not! Those women dont speak for women like me, although they may claim to. Those things you're talking about have nothing to do with feminism. lol
20.07.2010 - 23:39
treptolemus
aphotic_zoning
Feminimasculinist? this so funny! right

Anyway, i think that feminism is just fine and that's the way that should be until balance is achieved -for real not just theory ok-
Peace after the war -but wars have casualties and exaggerations and negative side effects- This shouldn't have happened at all but since patriarchy has fraked people for so long; it is time to fix these things.
----
\m/etalstor\m/
22.07.2010 - 16:16
Vombatus
Potorro
Written by Angelic Storm on 20.07.2010 at 23:06

Written by Vombatus on 15.07.2010 at 15:15

Feminists are a joke

That is not feminism! You even said there is ''nothing equal in it''. True feminism is about equality for women, and nothing else. There are men haters, and feminazis parading as feminists, but they are not! Those women dont speak for women like me, although they may claim to. Those things you're talking about have nothing to do with feminism. lol

I agree it hardly has something to do with "tr00" feminism, but they use the image to justify their actions. Or just act like extremely zealous/frustated feminists that forgot the real propose of "tr00" feminism.
This said, i'm ok with the "equality for women, and nothing else" but the way most feminists act is so ridiculous that you can't take them seriously
22.07.2010 - 18:57
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Bad thing for you is that those "feminazists" as you call them are always more visible and more loud than "normal" feminists with noble intentions...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

27.07.2010 - 18:41
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Ellrohir on 22.07.2010 at 18:57

Bad thing for you is that those "feminazists" as you call them are always more visible and more loud than "normal" feminists with noble intentions...

Yeah, that sucks. Because feminism was borne out of noble intentions, and its now become totally distorted to the point where many of the so-called "feminists" of today have very different agendas to the ones that originally spawned the movement. This is why I refuse to call any of those women "feminists". Unfortunately as you point out, because this type of thing is much more loud and visible, many people mistakingly get the impression that that's what feminism is, and what all feminists are like.
09.11.2010 - 10:10
Himann
Orm KrigGud
I really dont know what to think about feminism these days. I'm unsure on what their stance is and what they actually want. If its stuff like voting rights and equal job opportunity, then its definitely fine in my book.

Having said that, I prefer my woman to be a woman. Sweet, loyal and loving. Nothing more sexier than having a girl who will cook for you, take care of your kids and be the woman in your life in more ways than one. If this makes me a chauvinist or something, I dont know, but thats how I feel.
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
09.11.2010 - 10:28
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Himann on 09.11.2010 at 10:10

I really dont know what to think about feminism these days. I'm unsure on what their stance is and what they actually want. If its stuff like voting rights and equal job opportunity, then its definitely fine in my book.

Having said that, I prefer my woman to be a woman. Sweet, loyal and loving. Nothing more sexier than having a girl who will cook for you, take care of your kids and be the woman in your life in more ways than one. If this makes me a chauvinist or something, I dont know, but thats how I feel.

No, that totally doesn't make you a chauvinist. Most "feminists" would hate me, because Ive always had a very old fashioned (if you wanna call it that) attitude about stuff like that. All the things you mentioned there, if I was with a guy, I'd love to do those things, and would want to do them. In some ways, I am a modern woman, but I still have a lot of old fashioned values. For me, there's a difference between getting equality, and not being discriminated against for being female, (like being paid less than a man for doing the same job) and being treated AS men. A lot of feminists almost seem like they want us to be treated as men, which Ive always had a problem with. You shouldn't be unfairly treated because of your gender, but by the same token, men and women are different, and I dont understand why some women seemingly want to be treated the same as men are.
09.11.2010 - 10:40
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Written by Angelic Storm on 09.11.2010 at 10:28

No, that totally doesn't make you a chauvinist. Most "feminists" would hate me, because Ive always had a very old fashioned (if you wanna call it that) attitude about stuff like that. All the things you mentioned there, if I was with a guy, I'd love to do those things, and would want to do them. In some ways, I am a modern woman, but I still have a lot of old fashioned values. For me, there's a difference between getting equality, and not being discriminated against for being female, (like being paid less than a man for doing the same job) and being treated AS men. A lot of feminists almost seem like they want us to be treated as men, which Ive always had a problem with. You shouldn't be unfairly treated because of your gender, but by the same token, men and women are different, and I dont understand why some women seemingly want to be treated the same as men are.

Agree, specially with the last bit. In some cases, women are actually treated better than men. For instance, the whole ladies first thing seems like an advantage for women in general. In these sort of circumstances, the concept of equality hardly seems necessary. As I said in my first post, I'm somewhat confused about what feminists actually want. Do they want to be treated exactly like men, or do they require specific things like voting rights or whatever it may be? I think most countries have already given women voting rights and equal job opportunities although there are obviously a few exceptions. What other things do they require?
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
09.11.2010 - 10:57
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Himann on 09.11.2010 at 10:40
Agree, specially with the last bit. In some cases, women are actually treated better than men. For instance, the whole ladies first thing seems like an advantage for women in general. In these sort of circumstances, the concept of equality hardly seems necessary. As I said in my first post, I'm somewhat confused about what feminists actually want. Do they want to be treated exactly like men, or do they require specific things like voting rights or whatever it may be? I think most countries have already given women voting rights and equal job opportunities although there are obviously a few exceptions. What other things do they require?

You're right, although things like that don't happen these days, as much as they used to...

Well, even in the UK where I live, which is considered a modern, forward thinking country, women are on average, paid 16% less than men for doing the same job. It's an improvement over the 35% less it was 40 years, ago, but it shows there's still quite a fair way to go yet to acheieve equality between the sexes in the workplace. To me, ONLY things like this, should we be fighting to change. The key thing for me is, we shouldn't be treated as lesser than men, but we shouldn't be treated AS men. I only want fairness between the sexes, but some "feminists" take it much farther than that, and I dont want any part of that.
09.11.2010 - 11:31
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Written by Angelic Storm on 09.11.2010 at 10:57

You're right, although things like that don't happen these days, as much as they used to...

Well, even in the UK where I live, which is considered a modern, forward thinking country, women are on average, paid 16% less than men for doing the same job. It's an improvement over the 35% less it was 40 years, ago, but it shows there's still quite a fair way to go yet to acheieve equality between the sexes in the workplace. To me, ONLY things like this, should we be fighting to change. The key thing for me is, we shouldn't be treated as lesser than men, but we shouldn't be treated AS men. I only want fairness between the sexes, but some "feminists" take it much farther than that, and I dont want any part of that.

I agree that both men and women should be paid equally for the same job. Hmm, didn't know that even a country like UK would have restrictions on this what with the Queen and Thatcher and all. Any particular reason why women are still being paid less over there?
----

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
09.11.2010 - 12:54
Yavanna
I definely don't believe sexism is a solution for the world. What about sharing tasks at home? If women have a job and help getting money for the family why couldn't help men help with the house-caring?
I believe in equality for both
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
09.11.2010 - 16:53
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Himann on 09.11.2010 at 11:31
I agree that both men and women should be paid equally for the same job. Hmm, didn't know that even a country like UK would have restrictions on this what with the Queen and Thatcher and all. Any particular reason why women are still being paid less over there?

I have no idea why it's still happening... years ago, a so-called "equal-pay act" was brought in, but it doesn't really seem to have changed things much. Women are still being paid less than men in many workplaces. The only thing that has changed, is that the unequal pay divide has been narrowed, but it still exists. 16% percent average less wages than men for doing the same job is still scandalous...

@Yavanna: Totally agree. I believe in total equality between the sexes. If a couple decides its better for the woman to go out to work and the man to stay at home looking after the kids, then I see no problem with that at all. Everyone male or female, should be free to live life as they wish. As long as no harm is being done to anyone. If a woman has a job, then absolutely the man should be helping with the household chores. The only way I wouldnt expect that, is if I was home while he was working.
09.11.2010 - 19:59
FOOCK Nam
Too extreme. I think it depends on the two side's quality. With the sun in my ego, I would say subconsciously and intentionally, men earn more than women, and not to mention that women take care of the kiddy children better than men...
10.11.2010 - 08:15
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Written by Angelic Storm on 09.11.2010 at 16:53

@Yavanna: Totally agree. I believe in total equality between the sexes. If a couple decides its better for the woman to go out to work and the man to stay at home looking after the kids, then I see no problem with that at all. Everyone male or female, should be free to live life as they wish. As long as no harm is being done to anyone. If a woman has a job, then absolutely the man should be helping with the household chores. The only way I wouldnt expect that, is if I was home while he was working.

I dont think there's anything wrong with helping out at home. However I can't imagine myself staying at home while sending my wife off to work and earn. Not happening unless I'm out of a job or something like that. Its probably a pride thing.
----

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
10.11.2010 - 11:20
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Himann on 10.11.2010 at 08:15
I dont think there's anything wrong with helping out at home. However I can't imagine myself staying at home while sending my wife off to work and earn. Not happening unless I'm out of a job or something like that. Its probably a pride thing.

It probably is a pride thing... hehee Im similar, I guess Im just old fashioned like that, as I said before. lol I would want to do the housework/look after the kids etc, while my husband went out to work. However, this is only what would feel right for me. I dont see any problems with couples who do it the opposite way around. Whatever feels right, and works well for you, you should do. That's true equality at the end of the day.
10.11.2010 - 12:56
Yavanna
Written by FOOCK Nam on 09.11.2010 at 19:59

Too extreme. I think it depends on the two side's quality. With the sun in my ego, I would say subconsciously and intentionally, men earn more than women, and not to mention that women take care of the kiddy children better than men...

Yes, women still earn less than men and this is unfair. And about children, in my country there are many couples that don't have'em, so this task doesn't exist for them. Some men take better care of the house than women, expecially when it comes to cooking.
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
10.11.2010 - 16:45
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Written by Yavanna on 10.11.2010 at 12:56

Yes, women still earn less than men and this is unfair. And about children, in my country there are many couples that don't have'em, so this task doesn't exist for them. Some men take better care of the house than women, expecially when it comes to cooking.

Haha agree about the cooking part. So far none of my ex-girlfriends have been better cooks than me. Lived alone for the last 10 years or so, so I guess I have more practice than them.
----

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
10.11.2010 - 17:07
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Im not a very good cook... I think in all likelyhood, any hypothetical boyfriend would be a better cook than me. lol I do like to cook, Im just not that good at it.
12.11.2010 - 13:54
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Some girls are pretty good cooks though. They try out all these recipies that they find on TV and they come up with some amazing stuff. One of my friend's wife is a brilliant cook. She even innovates the TV recipies and makes some ingredient additions that improve the entire dish. I certainly can't innovate as much as that. At most I'd try out a couple of things and get lucky, but thats it. In short, it varies with the person I suppose.
----

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
12.11.2010 - 14:11
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Himann on 12.11.2010 at 13:54

Some girls are pretty good cooks though. They try out all these recipies that they find on TV and they come up with some amazing stuff. One of my friend's wife is a brilliant cook. She even innovates the TV recipies and makes some ingredient additions that improve the entire dish. I certainly can't innovate as much as that. At most I'd try out a couple of things and get lucky, but thats it. In short, it varies with the person I suppose.

I used to be quite a decent cook. And I was always one for trying recipes Id seen on TV and stuff. lol After more than two years of no access to a proper cooker though, I doubt Id be that good at cooking anything anymore...

I was always experimenting with recipes. Sometimes it paid off, other times it turned out not very good. But I find experimenting makes cooking more fun. xD
12.11.2010 - 14:16
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Written by Angelic Storm on 12.11.2010 at 14:11

I used to be quite a decent cook. And I was always one for trying recipes Id seen on TV and stuff. lol After more than two years of no access to a proper cooker though, I doubt Id be that good at cooking anything anymore...

I was always experimenting with recipes. Sometimes it paid off, other times it turned out not very good. But I find experimenting makes cooking more fun. xD

Oh definitely. Thats the best bit I think. Adding all the kind of stuff you like and try to make some adjustment that suites your taste.

Hmm, I'm talking about cooking in a Feminism thread. Where have I left my balls.
----

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
12.11.2010 - 14:25
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Exactly! I used to experiment with cooking for two reasons: One, was sometimes Id see a recipe that looks and sounds really nice, but maybe had an ingredient or 2 that I don't like. So Id just make the recipe without those ingrediants, and add ones that I like instead. The other reason, was just experimenting for the sake of it, which as I said could be hit and miss.

Haha! Im not some man-hating femin-nazi, so you're fine. lol Seriously though, you have a got a point that some "feminists" probably would have a problem with cooking being discussed in association with women...
12.11.2010 - 14:44
Himann
Orm KrigGud
I'm really big on meat items personally. Love meat dishes of all sorts so I kind of target those kind of dishes mainly. Can whip up a mean beef curry, some good old devilled items and my batterfried stuff really come out well. I'm not too innovative with vegetables generally mainly because I'm not a very big fan.

How come feminists would have an issue with cooking? I mean there isn't anything wrong with being able to cook is there? Quite a large number of popular chefs are male I reckon.
----

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
12.11.2010 - 15:07
Angelic Storm
Melodious
You sound EXACTLY like me! Im not a big fan of veg, and never have been. Most of it makes me physically sick, which doesnt help at all. It sucks, cos I wish I did like them... A small amount of veg though, Im okay with, and I can eat fine.

Why are you aking me that? Im as bemused as you are, as to why some feminists have an issue with cooking. I can only imagine its because the stereotype, and historically, the image is usually of the woman cooking for her man. Not the other way around. But in this day and age, I cant see why women would still have a problem with that. I think the majority of famous tv chefs actually, are men. Certainly over here, the number of popular male chefs outnumber the popular female chefs! xD
12.11.2010 - 15:22
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Haha I agree completely with the veg statements. I want to like them because its supposed to be healthy and good for me and stuff. I think I;m better than what I once was so perhaps its a gradual improvement as far as liking veg goes. Still its not much.

I think male chefs probably outnumber female ones everywhere. I guess the stereotype makes sense although I dont think too many women I've met so far have issues cooking for their man. Almost every girlfriend I've had so far hasn't been bothered by it and are more than happy to cook something. Having said that, they seem to enjoy it quite a lot if I cook for them too. Perhaps the world is changing on this aspect.

I wonder if theres some sort of official feminism website or something that lists their agendas and whatnot because I think there is probably a bit of it thats speculation at best.
----

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
12.11.2010 - 15:42
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Himann on 12.11.2010 at 15:22

Haha I agree completely with the veg statements. I want to like them because its supposed to be healthy and good for me and stuff. I think I;m better than what I once was so perhaps its a gradual improvement as far as liking veg goes. Still its not much.

I think male chefs probably outnumber female ones everywhere. I guess the stereotype makes sense although I dont think too many women I've met so far have issues cooking for their man. Almost every girlfriend I've had so far hasn't been bothered by it and are more than happy to cook something. Having said that, they seem to enjoy it quite a lot if I cook for them too. Perhaps the world is changing on this aspect.

I wonder if theres some sort of official feminism website or something that lists their agendas and whatnot because I think there is probably a bit of it thats speculation at best.

haha... I dont think Im better than I ever was with veg, the veg I hated when I was a kid, I still hate now. As you say, I wish I could like them, because they are healthy and good for you. Its just a pity that most of them make me throw up. lol

I certainly would have no problems whatsoever cooking for my man. And dont see it in the least way demeaning. Of course, I think Id like it if my man cooked for me as well. But definitely, if I was in a traditional setup where I looked after the home, while the man worked, I would cook for the guy at least most of the time, and would have no issues with that being expected of me. Id be happy to do it. xD

The world is changing, and certainly for a lot of women, life is much better and fairer than it was many years ago. Although as I said before, I think there's still a way to go before true equality is achieved. The problem that I see with some "feminists" is, its gone beyond equality now. They see men as inferior, which is very ironic, as I always saw it as being a battle against male superiority, and gaining equality. Not for women to suppress men the way that we traditionally have been for centuries.

I think the big difference is this. The things that me and women like me want in terms of male/female equality, are things that most reasonable people would want, including men. In fact, every man I have discussed this with, has agreed with me. Certainly, most women who describe themselves as "feminist" certainly dont speak for me, or the majority of women. Although they may think that's what they are doing.
12.11.2010 - 16:03
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Written by Angelic Storm on 12.11.2010 at 15:42

haha... I dont think Im better than I ever was with veg, the veg I hated when I was a kid, I still hate now. As you say, I wish I could like them, because they are healthy and good for you. Its just a pity that most of them make me throw up. lol

I certainly would have no problems whatsoever cooking for my man. And dont see it in the least way demeaning. Of course, I think Id like it if my man cooked for me as well. But definitely, if I was in a traditional setup where I looked after the home, while the man worked, I would cook for the guy at least most of the time, and would have no issues with that being expected of me. Id be happy to do it. xD

The world is changing, and certainly for a lot of women, life is much better and fairer than it was many years ago. Although as I said before, I think there's still a way to go before true equality is achieved. The problem that I see with some "feminists" is, its gone beyond equality now. They see men as inferior, which is very ironic, as I always saw it as being a battle against male superiority, and gaining equality. Not for women to suppress men the way that we traditionally have been for centuries.

I think the big difference is this. The things that me and women like me want in terms of male/female equality, are things that most reasonable people would want, including men. In fact, every man I have discussed this with, has agreed with me. Certainly, most women who describe themselves as "feminist" certainly dont speak for me, or the majority of women. Although they may think that's what they are doing.

Just out of interest, what kind of meals do you like exactly?

I think liking to cook for your man is a big factor. I dont see myself asking my wife/girlfriend to cook if she has a problem with it. I can probably cook for her if I'm at home or we'll have to eat out a bit. Not a big issue although it will probably cost us in terms of finance.

In your opinion, do women in general consider themselves superior or inferior to men? Or does it simply vary from person to person?
----

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger