Metal Storm logo
Doom/Black Recommendations

08.02.2012 - 18:22
VloRD
Well, I just heard Eulen's mother tree and loved it. I love the sadness and the depression which saturates every track. I've heard Forgotten Tomb, but I want more black doom, especially that is very similar to Eulen's record. It doesn't even have to strictly be doom black, I just want more of this shit be it doom or black.
----
08.02.2012 - 18:53
Savopipo
Here's a pal of mine and his band (Anguish). They've got an album coming out soon I think and people that care about this kind of music (I don't obviously) says they're good.

http://www.myspace.com/anguishdoommetal
----
Check Tystnad out at http://tystnad.bandcamp.com
08.02.2012 - 19:07
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Savopipo on 08.02.2012 at 18:53

Here's a pal of mine and his band (Anguish). They've got an album coming out soon I think and people that care about this kind of music (I don't obviously) says they're good.

Received the Dawn Of Doom demo cassette today, but I wouldn't call them doom/black, moor like doom.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.02.2012 - 19:38
Savopipo
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.02.2012 at 19:07

Received the Dawn Of Doom demo cassette today, but I wouldn't call them doom/black, moor like doom.

I'm sorry but I wouldn't know the difference, just heard they are supposed to be good. Just disregard my tip then.
----
08.02.2012 - 19:42
Solemn23
Account deleted
For a mix of black and doom, or melancholic black, I'd say:
ANCIENT WISDOM (sweden) > doomish black metal, solo-project of one of the members from Swedish masters Naglfar
COLDWORLD (germany) > melancholic/depressive black metal band.. good composition & emotion.
DEN SAAKALDTE (norway) > depressive black metal , but only their demo release "Ol Morke Og Depresjon" is worth checking, imo.
DOLORIAN (finland) > the 'metal' outlet of Lapis Niger, and the best atmospheric doom I've ever heard.
KROHM (usa) > "A World Through Dead Eyes" = their only worthwile release, imo. mostly this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhoWI5P8v0E
MORTIFERA (france) > melancholic accoustic/black metal .. I havn't checked it out much so far, but it seems to be doing well in their category.
NECRITE (usa) > this song only : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V2Nwnup_uY
NEHEMAH (france) > excellent dark atmospheric black metal. down tempo to uptempo stuff. "Light of a Dead Star" = my personal favorite album.
NYKTALGIA (germany) > depressive black metal. One of the best kept -secrets- in Germany.
ODEM ARCARUM (germany) > great atmospheric, nearly avantgarde, black metal with members of Lunar Aurora and Secrets Of The Moon.
SVARTIDAUDI (iceland) > deeptoned obscure black metal. magnificent stuff.
SWALLOWED (finland) > blackdeathish doom from Finland. Great debut album.
URFAUST (holland) > genre unknown .. but it's just laden with intoxicated emotions and essence..
VERLOREN (belgium) > depressive black metal. "In Zalvend Onmin" is their only full album, and band is now split-up.
VHERNEN (denmark/faroer) > melancholic blackish doom/drone from the Faroer Islands. (S.Y.B.E.R.I.A. = their best album, imo)
XASTHUR / LEVIATHAN split (usa) > the split album of theirs from 2006 is rather decent at times.

+ you might also want to check : http://www.metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=2046 (> Obviously there are a number of bands everybody knows already, but there's some more underground ones in there as well. I'm planning on putting up a "doom" list as well soon..)
08.02.2012 - 19:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Savopipo on 08.02.2012 at 19:38

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.02.2012 at 19:07

I'm sorry but I wouldn't know the difference, just heard they are supposed to be good. Just disregard my tip then.

any doom tip is a good tip
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.02.2012 - 20:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
All Shades of Grey, Beatrik, Cultus Sanguine, Darkflight and other Ivo Iljev project Dreamflight, Deinonychus, Forgotten Tomb, Gardens of Gehenna, Katatonia(Dance Of December Souls album), Mourning Dawn, Nightly Gale, Ocean Of Sorrow, Sarkus, Souldust, Tristitia, Woods Of Belial
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.02.2012 - 20:14
Edmund Fogg
Gnatch (Germany) - Apnoe. (none of the 3 bands listed on MA) Really good album, still waiting for my physical copy. You can hear samples on their Bancamp and Soundcloud

Lake of Blood - The Burial Ground Sessions. The best combination of Funeral Doom and Black I've heard in a while. Has a really ?incantatory? vibe to it. Available for free download on their Bandcamp
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
08.02.2012 - 21:11
Apatheria
The Austrasian Goat - Blackened Funeral Doom from France.

Austrasian Goat started out as a pretty straightforward blackened funeral doom act, but his recent album shows a lot of progression, with more black metal and neo-folk influences surfacing. All around excellent stuff, but strangely it's a very unknown band.
----
Heavy metal is the law.
09.02.2012 - 00:14
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Apatheria on 08.02.2012 at 21:11

Austrasian Goat started out as a pretty straightforward blackened funeral doom act, but his recent album shows a lot of progression, with more black metal and neo-folk influences surfacing. All around excellent stuff, but strangely it's a very unknown band.

The weird thing I really enjoyed their self-titled debut which I also own but somehow never followed up on them after that one.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.02.2012 - 04:34
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Absolutely not black and not strictly doom but I suggest you to check Neurosis if you are looking for some depression and sadness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f_f3Ffk_wI
09.02.2012 - 06:54
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Wow! An Indian on this website creating a pretty good thread but to be brutally honest it doesn't freak me out. Anyways, I got some stuff with me in my basket *takes out*..hope it really helps you out.

1. Austere
2. Lifelover
3. Hypothermia

When i want to listen depressive Doom Black Metal stuff...i just hit these guys hard. They've a pretty good fucking stuff in their stock and hope it wipes out your anti-depression in it and you become more aggressive and breakdownunder.
09.02.2012 - 08:30
Apatheria
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.02.2012 at 00:14

Written by Apatheria on 08.02.2012 at 21:11

The weird thing I really enjoyed their self-titled debut which I also own but somehow never followed up on them after that one.

Check out Stains of Resignation. It's a lot different from the debut, but utterly fantastic!
----
Heavy metal is the law.
10.02.2012 - 05:54
VloRD

Loved it!
Thanks
----
10.02.2012 - 05:58
VloRD
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 09.02.2012 at 06:54

Wow! An Indian on this website creating a pretty good thread but to be brutally honest it doesn't freak me out. Anyways, I got some stuff with me in my basket *takes out*..hope it really helps you out.

1. Austere
2. Lifelover
3. Hypothermia

When i want to listen depressive Doom Black Metal stuff...i just hit these guys hard. They've a pretty good fucking stuff in their stock and hope it wipes out your anti-depression in it and you become more aggressive and breakdownunder.

We decapitate cattle as sacrifice for the crazy female god KALI. We be brutal, Yo!. We can make a good thread or two.
I'll check the stuff out, thanks...
----
10.02.2012 - 07:13
Savopipo
Written by VloRD on 10.02.2012 at 05:54

Loved it!
Thanks

You're welcome.
----
10.02.2012 - 12:55
RicardoGomes
You should try Lethian Dreams (Bleak Silver Streams album) or Before the Rain (One Day Less album)
10.02.2012 - 17:39
VloRD
Written by [user id=127414] on 08.02.2012 at 19:42

For a mix of black and doom, or melancholic black, I'd say:

NEHEMAH (france) > excellent dark atmospheric black metal. down tempo to uptempo stuff. "Light of a Dead Star" = my personal favorite album.

Randomly choose this from your recommendations, not the mood I was looking for, mostly just black metal but pretty awesome album.
I check out the other stuff...
----
14.02.2012 - 21:31
Oaken
Hipster

1. Austere

I remember they play depressive black metal.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
15.02.2012 - 12:48
The Turbanator

1. Austere
2. Lifelover
3. Hypothermia

None of them have elements of Doom in them. Depressive Black Metal is the right genre.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
15.02.2012 - 17:53
farmakon
Whispering Gloom
Try Dictator, Black Bile and Nivathe.
16.02.2012 - 02:53
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
16.02.2012 - 02:55
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Boxcar Willy on 16.02.2012 at 02:53

Early Woods Of Ypres

Infinitely better than current Woods (that is IV and V)
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.02.2012 - 02:59
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.02.2012 at 02:55

Written by Boxcar Willy on 16.02.2012 at 02:53

Early Woods Of Ypres

Infinitely better than current Woods (that is IV and V)

I still prefer IV, but I do like III quite a bit.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
19.02.2012 - 00:09
pisymbol
Check out the band Eibon and the Lurk/Lurk review.
21.02.2012 - 16:25
(((O)))
Ghast (UK) play some nasty and extreme black/doom. You should also check out Alkerdeel and Highgate, they mix black metal with sludgy doom
21.02.2012 - 16:35
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by (((O))) on 21.02.2012 at 16:25

Ghast (UK) play some nasty and extreme black/doom.

Indeed they do.
26.02.2012 - 17:49
Narcosis
Give Wraith Of The Ropes a try. Interesting and quite sick. "I don´t care what kills me as long as I die" Lol
----
To the death of love, the death of hope and the death of all beauty!
26.02.2012 - 18:04
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by pisymbol on 19.02.2012 at 00:09

Check out the band Eibon

Seconded. Awesome Sludge/Doom/Post Metal
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
29.02.2012 - 09:58
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
Ensorcelor is a good black/doom band. Check out their full-length "Crucifuge" and EP "Urarctica Begins".