Metal Storm logo
Hexen - Announce New Album Details

Official Pulverised Records press release:

Los Angeles thrashers Hexen have officially revealed their upcoming second album, titled Being And Nothingness.

Recorded, mixed and mastered at Vivid Tone Recording Studio (Lividity, Guthrie Govan, etc.) by producer Rich Bruce, the sonic onslaught of Being And Nothingness sees the band going toward a far more mature, comprehensive and thorough voyage of metal musicality, thus distancing themselves from being just another run-of-the-mill revival band.

To perfectly compliment the visual aspects of Being And Nothingness, Hexen has engaged the hand-painted mastery of celebrated extreme metal illustrator Kristian Wahlain/Necrolord (King Diamond, Dissection, Emperor, etc.) for the album artwork cover.

The band comments: "We are completely stoked for this long worked on; long awaited second release and we can't wait to showcase this opus live to all our fans. Unlearn what you have learned about metal!" The album will contain nine tracks of progressive thrash proficiency, closing with an epic 8-part suite:

01. Macrocosm
02. Grave New World
03. Defcon Rising
04. Private Hell
05. Walk As Many, Stand As One
06. Stream Of Unconsciousness
07. Indefinite Archetype
08. The Nescient
09. Nocturne
1 - Opus 55 No 1 In Fmin
2 - Out Of Reach
3 - Existential Crisis
4 - Entrance Of The Absurd
5 - The Unbearable Lightness Of Being
6 - With Salvation I Persist
7 - Elegy Of The Night
8 - End In Perplexity

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Hexen
Posted: 15.02.2012 by Array

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 22 users
15.02.2012 - 12:23
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Ah, that's an interesting thrash band; looking forward to hearing this new album "closing with an epic 8-part suite."
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
15.02.2012 - 15:16
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Guess there will be many instrumentals. 17 songs are so much! expecting nice things from this album!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
15.02.2012 - 16:56
Joppe
Steelemeister
"State Of Insurgency" sure was a good album when it comes to musicianship, lead and acoustic guitars. What I think they lacked was good riffs and more diverse drumming. Anyway, it will be interesting to see how the album turns up.
----
My vision is augmented

Hits total: 3132 | This month: 3