Metal Storm logo
Pan.Thy.Monium, mp-three

18.05.2006 - 16:34
ylside
Staff
Sweden's Pan.Thy.Monium. Distorted bass with bluesy scales and well placed saxophone licks or breaks is like a brief summary of what this band sounds like. Some other webzines qualify them as "how Frank Zappa would sound if he played a death metal band with Dan Swanö recording it". Actually, this isn't false at all. It is melodic, weird, brutal, anything. From their first demo, "?Dawn", to their last masterpiece "Khaooohs And Kon-Fus-Ion" they have been creating a strange kind of death metal, definitely unique in everything - Bass, weird keyboard use, saxophone, sampling a crowd of people? well, an extraordinary musical experience indeed.

http://www.myspace.com/panthymonium songs available, enjoy.

Any other fans ?
18.05.2006 - 17:42
Damnated
Churchburner
Yes, one of my fav bands ever, I have only Dawn of Dreams, wich is awsome, and Khaooohs And Kon-Fus-Ion, but I didn't listen to this one. I really like the thing that they're so brutally progressive sometimes, and the sax just sounds great.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
18.05.2006 - 18:04
ylside
Staff
Khaooohs And Kon-Fus-Ion is more melodic and less brutal than Dawn of Dreams, but it owns as much. Great band. Rumors says that they planned their separation in 1996 WHEN they formed Pan.Thy.Monium.
18.05.2006 - 18:53
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Awesome band. I really LOVE Khaooohs, the bass riffs are amazing! And the funky saxophone solos are just too damn good
Excellent, excellent band!
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
20.05.2006 - 03:15
ylside
Staff
I've noticed long ago that Lykathea Aflame has some quite similar riffs. To check if you like P.T.M !

@Cryptic : I don't really like Khaooohs as I crave the other releases, this album seemed quite weak to me.
The 20 minute track from Dawn of Dreams is among my favorite songs. Damn, this band needs more praise.
29.05.2006 - 02:53
ylside
Staff
Songs are available on the fresh Pan.Thy.Monium myspace

Enjoy.

The whole Ragoonshinnah thingie and the unamed tracks were a joke by mister Swanö
29.05.2006 - 20:45
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Yeah , totally love the band and the album 'Dawn of Dreams' and 'Khaooohs' is awesome ... another underground killer death metal band !!
30.05.2006 - 01:42
Daru Jericho
Yay! mp3s! Thanks for posting!

I've actually wanted to check out this band for a while now and I couldn't find any mp3s. Anyhow, I'll give these a listen.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

30.05.2006 - 18:23
mvikred
an amazing band ... once again Dan Swano amazes every one .. all the bands that he worked with have something special and this one does too ... very technical and very wierd at times with lots of melodies on sax and jazzy tunes , sometimes the ambient sounds which build the atmosphere which portrays a really scary world . have heard '..Dawn' , 'Dawn of Dreams' and khaoohs .. all these albums are amazing and very very unique . in this world where a death metal band props up at every corner of a street which sound similar to morbid angel or death or slayer, these ppl made their own sound .. and for that i respect this band a lot \m/
----
I'm addicted to Technical Death Metal ... Somebody save me
30.05.2006 - 21:48
ylside
Staff
Yes exactly Mvikred, one of the most original Death Metal band so far. Dawn of Dreams is gold.
31.05.2006 - 00:56
Daru Jericho
After listening to the 2 mp3s I must say, I'm impressed. Definitely the most unique death metal band I've heard. I shall be looking into this band for sure.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

31.05.2006 - 10:49
ylside
Staff
*Emotion* Ah. I'm glad I made some people interested in this band. The french extreme metal band Carnival In Coal said to owe everything to Pan.Thy.Monium, for they inspired them more than a lot.
31.05.2006 - 12:51
mvikred
^^but somehow i wasnt very impressed by carnival in coal .... i , infact, jus today wrote all carnival in coal albums (mp3s) onto a DVD to archive, cuz i dint enjoy them .... maybe i'll give a proper hearing once more later on ... and sorry lets get back to pan.thy.monium
----
I'm addicted to Technical Death Metal ... Somebody save me
31.05.2006 - 22:29
ylside
Staff
HAHA damn, same thing here, I just burned 3 Carnival in Coal to CD. The only track I've heard didn't impressed me that much.

So...the usual question, anyone knows a band similar ? I think that Lykathea Aflame is similar, if we omit Aag's blues-influenced soloings for some oriental ones.
10.02.2007 - 19:09
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Similar to Lykathae Aflame? Interesting. Though the MySpace doesn't work for me at the moment.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
11.02.2007 - 07:58
Eternal Flames
One of the most unique death metal bands that I have heard, and definitely one of my favourites. Dan Swano is just a genius. Their songs are very complex and they just create such a nice atmosphere with the various bizarre sounds and the use of the saxophone and violin. I particularly loved the Dawn Of Dreams album.
11.02.2007 - 17:45
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I've been interested in this band for a while. Im glad they have a thread here now
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
13.03.2007 - 16:51
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
I totally agree, this band is exceptionnal. My favorite is Khaooohs and Kon-Fus-Ion.

About Carnival In Coal, their best is the last one, called Collection Prestige. It's more conventionnal than Pan-Thy-Monium (as they try to stick to the chorus-verse structure), but very good nonetheless.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
13.03.2007 - 17:57
ylside
Staff
Written by Darkside Momo on 13.03.2007 at 16:51

I totally agree, this band is exceptionnal. My favorite is Khaooohs and Kon-Fus-Ion.

About Carnival In Coal, their best is the last one, called Collection Prestige. It's more conventionnal than Pan-Thy-Monium (as they try to stick to the chorus-verse structure), but very good nonetheless.

Reviving this thread from the abyss of this forum is a great thing
I'll see forward that CiC album!
19.08.2007 - 18:40
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Written by ylside on 13.03.2007 at 17:57

We'll have to do it again !

A Question : is that really a water-filled saxophone on track 6 of the Dawn Of Dreams album ?
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
21.08.2007 - 20:06
ylside
Staff
Written by Darkside Momo on 19.08.2007 at 18:40

Written by ylside on 13.03.2007 at 17:57

We'll have to do it again !

A Question : is that really a water-filled saxophone on track 6 of the Dawn Of Dreams album ?

I really don't know how did Dag do that thing, but if you're refering to the "submarine soprano" name I found it in their myspace adress, on an article where Dan Swano comments on the albums.
09.01.2008 - 04:01
Fucked Upstairs.
Account deleted
Eating my fav. Cookies to one of my fav. albums.

I just visited their myspace and the stuff Dan Swanö writes about the lyrics are hilarious, in a funny way.

"The lyrics were a combination of improvised stuff a la Obituary* and the lyrics from the innersleeve of a hardcore record that we bought from a lowprice mailorder during the recording.. If you listen carefully you can hear Robert (now in Edge Of Sanity) sing a lot of stuff about society and the people with the power!!"

*If you didn't know already, Obituary has no offical lyrics. Or didn't have, I'm not sure, I only listen to the first two albums, I have no idea about their later releases.
12.01.2008 - 19:14
ylside
Staff
Ah yes...proud I also found Dawn of Dreams' CD aswell, an album that I sherish A LOT.
14.01.2008 - 01:22
W-Lash
Metal Master
Strange band indeed. I hate death metal but i like Khaooohs And Kon-Fus-Ion (ok, ok, it's only one Pan.Thy.Monium album i can't listen to).
19.01.2008 - 22:20
i like that band. it sounds doomy like 'godsend' -kon.fus.ion is the best.