‹‹ Back to the General music forum
Users visited: 18  
Search this topic:  

Akram

05.03.2012 at 14:16
General discussion about Elend, the unique french ensemble

Since 2008 and we had no news about them. And many of their fans, listeners have been wondering if they were dissolved or not?! and what about Ensemble Orphique (their new side-project)?! will we see a new album soon?

Dear folks, I've got an answer for such questions and also some news! but first let me tell you about this short story...

Couple years ago I've created a community fan page of Elend on fb and I was surprised by the growing number of fans, actually I never thought it'd would go beyond 1000.
Anyway...
Couple weeks ago, fortunately I noticed the appearance of one of Elend's founder members "Iskandar Hasnawi" on various places over the internet; Last.fm, SoundCloud and Facebook and I had the chance to talk with him on his newly created official fb page Ensemble Orphique it's managed by him personally.

Here's part of our conversation, and his answer to the questions I mentioned:

"Elend was never dissolved, just put on hold. As long as our friendship lasts, Elend is alive and well. The main issue for the three of us now is the lack of time. I hope I will be able to release EO's first album this year (but I was hoping to do it last year too...). And Renaud and I might work together on smtg special, but the decision is not entirely in our hands so nothing sure yet. Maybe we'll release a MLP with Elend, that might be easier to handle than a whole album."

Also, he mentioned that they have seen my page and they thank me for this. They are completely new to fb and they might create an official page on fb before annoucing it on Elend website which will also be redesigned soon. And I offered him to co-administrate my page with me or I may step aside for them alone and probably make it official since it's the largest Elend community on fb, he liked the idea and from now on, Elend (Iskandar and Renaud) are co-administrating the page with me and so the page has become official, it's announced on their official website in their latest news update after an absence for over three years.
----
"Neither love, friendship, or respect, unite as much as common hatred."
Apatheria

06.03.2012 at 21:28
Excellent news!

I've been a tremendous fan of Elend for years. Damn glad to have stumbled upon the facebook community in the first place, and even more pleased to see that Iskander and Renaud are involved as well.

Now there's just the whole shtick about new material...sounds like a distant possibility...
----
Heavy metal is the law.
Akram

08.03.2012 at 01:29
No one is sure, we don't know that much about their life and career life and I'd believe it's really the lack of time rather than the lack of inspiration or creativity because their music have always been unique, diverse through their albums. But I agree that the image is not entirely clear, this is the way also with redbird (side-project by 'Renaud T.' and vocalist 'Laura Angelmayer') no news since June 2009 when it was telling about recording sessions and that work on the first redbird album is in full swing.
I loved their demo To See a World so much. I hope they will finish making the album.
----
Akram

16.04.2012 at 15:21
A new piece on soundcloud. Waves Like Arrows (Demo. Incomplete, rough mix. (c) Hasnawi 2012)
----
!J.O.O.E.!
Thought Police

16.04.2012 at 15:42
Written by Akram on 16.04.2012 at 15:21

A new piece on soundcloud. Waves Like Arrows (Demo. Incomplete, rough mix. (c) Hasnawi 2012)

Interesting. You can definitely tell it's in the demo stage at this point though. Could be an intro of course but feels a fair while away from being a full on Elend song.
----

Advertise on Metal Storm

Login or register to post here.