Metal Storm logo
Fanfics

30.10.2006 - 15:56
Frostling
Account deleted
I tried a search and found no topic on fanfiction.
So I ask, why the Hell not?!

Fanfics, for whoever would like to know, is a story you write in a world that already exists, with characters that have already been created. For example, writing a short story or poem in the Lord Of The Rings world, using Frodo as your main character. Ofcourse there is a little more to it, but this is the basic. For more info go to http://www.fanfiction.net/ .

This thread is open for anyone wanting to post their fanfic on any platform. Remember, there is no such thing as bad art. It's all in the eye of the beholder.
Ofcourse a short intro before the story would make it easier to understand.

As a live example, I'll start off with my fanfic from "The Crow" platform, starring Eric Draven, in a day in the life of a shadowed soul...
Its called-

Shadow Dancing

Eric sat in the attic, leaning on the shattered window. Every minute or so, a lightning strike would show a different shadow on the wall beside him.
This time he saw Shelly blowing a kiss to his direction. Before that, it was Shelly holding a flower. And before that, it was her being held in his arms.

*Bang*

It was amazing, Eric thought, how every time he punched the window, and broke off another piece, there was always more to brake the next day.
He looked at his fist covered by broken glass, and smiled his undead smile.

Picking up his guitar from the floor, Eric placed it on his laps.
In his hand he revealed a shimmering piece of glass, which he put between his fingers, and with it started to play.
After the tragedy, he never had the will to write something new, yet lyrics of dirge would always visit his mind.

The soft words whispered from his mouth, and delicately became a lonely lullaby.
"I know things have changed;
They may seem different and cold;
When you dream of someone to hold;
It is me by your side.

And I'll wait for you now;
Whispering from the open grave;
Bleeding through the memories;
It's my soul you saved."

But it wasn't true. He was not yet saved.

---

The melancholic avenger walked the streets in the storming rain. Not knowing where to go, Eric was followed only by the moonlight, and a silent crow, flying high above.
At first it was surprising to find himself in front of Shelly's favorite ice cream shop. But after a while, and repeat incidents of the same nature, he learned not to think of it much.

"Would you like the usual sir?", asked a voice from behind the counter.
"Huh?", was Eric's simple reply.
"I said, would you like the usual? One scoop of vanilla in a cone, and two scoops of chocolate mint in a different cone.", Eric saw that the voice came from a small oriental teenager wearing the shop uniform.
"I have no idea what you are talking about". Although, come to think of it, that order had sounded familiar.
The teen looked frustrated, "You walk in here every night asking for the same order of two ice cream cones, one vanilla and one chocolate mint. Yet you always seem to leave the second one untouched".
"What... Uh? No. No, I won't order anything this time.", Eric rushed out of the Ice cream shop, tripping on the sidewalk.

A dark alley was always a good place to think. The cold brick wall was ever-friendly as well.
It seems that even in post mortem, life isn't as easy as is hoped.
He knew that his soul was shattered, much more than the window in his apartment. Still, he couldn't tell just how twisted his reality had become.
And there on the wall to calm him down, shadows were starting to reflect again.
Eric smiled.
This time it was Shelly dancing.

drawing by Dorian Cleavenger
16.03.2010 - 01:58
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I'm currently composing a series of trollfics (it's basically fanfiction made deliberately bad or offensive) based around Nine-Ball, the unofficial mascot of the Armored Core series of games. You can find the works here. So far, no one on fanfiction.net has realized that I'm a troll. I recently got two reviews for one of my stories, and neither of the reviewers have realized that I'm trolling them.
19.03.2010 - 14:42
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 16.03.2010 at 01:58

I'm currently composing a series of trollfics (it's basically fanfiction made deliberately bad or offensive) based around Nine-Ball, the unofficial mascot of the Armored Core series of games. You can find the works here. So far, no one on fanfiction.net has realized that I'm a troll. I recently got two reviews for one of my stories, and neither of the reviewers have realized that I'm trolling them.

LOL that seriously looks like it was written by K7