Nothing (2002)
Catch Thirtythree (2005)
Koloss (2012)
Contradictions Collapse (1991)

Total votes: 60
24.03.2012 - 09:30
Codera the Great
Account deleted
So Meshuggah has consistently released a ton of great albums over the years, and with their most recent album, Koloss, that trend continues. What do you guys say is your favorite album from this band? Feel free to express your opinions on each album if you wish. BTW, If you do not like Meshuggah, do not come on here to just bash the band. Any elitist or troll comments on this poll are never tolerated. I am simply asking out of curiosity, what is your favorite album? If you post any elitist or troll comments, you are missing the entire point of this poll. Go out and make a "Meshuggah Sucks" topic if you're that desperate to spread your infantile hate, because I am not interested.
24.03.2012 - 20:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
When Wratchild was moiderator such polls wa slocked due lame and bad opening post
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.03.2012 - 04:24
Codera the Great
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 24.03.2012 at 20:04

When Wratchild was moiderator such polls wa slocked due lame and bad opening post

Edited the post now.
25.03.2012 - 06:16
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
I listened to this band once. It was terrible.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
25.03.2012 - 06:24
Lit.
Account deleted
Destroy Erase Improve is really their only good one.
25.03.2012 - 07:01
Darkfiber
You should add a "none of them" option. Meshuggah
25.03.2012 - 15:54
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Whoa, Meshuggah hate. When did these guys become Lacuna Coil?
25.03.2012 - 17:41
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Guest on 25.03.2012 at 15:54

Whoa, Meshuggah hate. When did these guys become Lacuna Coil?

Yeah, I wasn't aware there was some hate for this band
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
25.03.2012 - 17:43
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
I actually thought I was almost completely alone in my stance.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
25.03.2012 - 17:47
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.03.2012 at 17:43

Pfft, you're not THAT elitist.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
25.03.2012 - 18:40
Mattybu
I only have Chaosphere and obZen. So I don't think it would be fair to vote at this point. I'd put the two I have about equal. I think rhythmically Chaosphere is a little more interesting but songs like the title track and "Combustion" off obZen have more memorable and saucy riffage.

Based on these two albums I definitely like them though, I'm probably going to pick up the new album at some point and catch up on some of their older stuff as well. As soon as I acquire stacks on deck, of course. I have no cake at the moment.
25.03.2012 - 19:13
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Just got into this band a few months ago. Started with Obzen and then Koloss, I shouldn't rate before I check their older efforts.

I must the check specially the one from 1995, seems like everybody's favorite.
25.03.2012 - 19:47
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Listened to them all, think I will have to go with Chaosphere.
25.03.2012 - 20:01
Codera the Great
Account deleted
Written by Darkfiber on 25.03.2012 at 07:01

You should add a "none of them" option. Meshuggah

If you don't like Meshuggah, then you don't need to vote for anything.
25.03.2012 - 21:11
musclassia
Staff
Listened to all their stuff bar the most recent one, catch33 and chaosphere I disliked, DEI, Nothing and ObZen were okay, I was decent, but the only one of their albums I've actually enjoyed was Contradictions Collapse. Definitely one of those bands that I just don't 'get' - the vocals are so sterile on anything DEI-onwards, and the riffs usually bore me. I probably enjoy CC just because it sounds so different compared to everything else I've heard from Meshuggah - much more thrash-y sounding.
26.03.2012 - 01:20
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.03.2012 at 17:43

Nah, i hate them too. They have about 3 songs that are listenable to me, but the rest is trash
26.03.2012 - 03:51
Codera the Great
Account deleted
Well anyway, since i see many people are more interested in saying "fuck you Meshuggah" as opposed to anything relevant to the poll, allow me to express my opinion on what I think is the best Meshuggah release. I was first introduced to Meshuggah via ObZen (not my favorite, but let me explain), specifically the lead single "Bleed". I was of course familiar with progressive metal when I heard it, but this was more complicated than anything I heard before. For a long time, I fell in love with this album, and even made a review of it on Youtube. However, I stopped listening to it for a while, until I heard the new album Koloss was being released, which once again sparked my interest in this group, and I decided to dig into the work previous to ObZen. That was when I listened to Destroy Erase Improve, which is widely considered to be their magnum opus, and right away I was hooked from beginning to end. This album is probably one of the most complex I have ever heard in the metal genre, and one of the most addictive albums in metal history (that is of course my opinion). So, I am with the majority on this one and vote for Destroy Erase Improve.
26.03.2012 - 07:50
adace1
Nothing is probably my favorite overall from them even though Obzen has Bleed which is my favorite song from them. Nothing just feels like their most adventurous and interesting album to me.
26.03.2012 - 15:13
theFIST
Written by Mattybu on 25.03.2012 at 18:40

I only have Chaosphere and obZen. So I don't think it would be fair to vote at this point. I'd put the two I have about equal. I think rhythmically Chaosphere is a little more interesting but songs like the title track and "Combustion" off obZen have more memorable and saucy riffage.

Based on these two albums I definitely like them though, I'm probably going to pick up the new album at some point and catch up on some of their older stuff as well. As soon as I acquire stacks on deck, of course. I have no cake at the moment.

so you already have the best 2
nothing (the original version, rerecording lacks the sharp sound) might also be a good choice, and the earliest two are somewhat recommendable too if you want something between thrash and meshuggah"s style
koloss is unfortunately almost completely boring garbage
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
27.03.2012 - 06:52
Void Eater
Account deleted
Gonna go with Chaosphere. It's their most aggressive and one dimensional album, which while a bad thing to some people, is what makes Meshuggah so good to be. Obzen would be a close second; it has their best songwriting, but it's just not as forceful as Chaosphere.
29.05.2012 - 16:46
I'm not really into Meshuggah or like them but I think Chaosphere is pretty decent for me.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
31.05.2012 - 23:25
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I voted for Chaosphere. DEI has some of their best material, but overall it's not as consistent as Chaosphere.
01.06.2012 - 04:23
JD
Account deleted
I watched their dvd, such a kick-ass band, but I'm not gonna vote yet till I listen to their entire disco.
11.06.2012 - 01:02
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Catch-33 for now, but I'm beginning to enjoy most of the albums a whole lot more recently. If I could find the general Meshuggah forum I'd see about posting how much of a fanboy I've been to this band in the past few weeks. CHEA!
----
Coldgrits
07.09.2012 - 19:47
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I have to go with Destroy Erase Improve, I feel it is the most diverse and dynamic album in their discography. It kicks ass.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
04.10.2012 - 00:56
Voted ObZen. Kinda amazes me how a band can do their best album at that point in their timeline. I think I would probably have a different opinion if had been aware of the band in nineties, the timing has always something odd to do with these kind of things...
04.10.2012 - 03:51
helofloki
I voted for Nothing, but Destroy erase improve is a close second. Nothing marked a change in sound. They became more groovy. I love this band and the way they take repetitive rhythms and mutate them subtly with polyrhythm and polymeter. Kicks my ass and messes with my brain. Kind of like why I love minimalist classical composers and guys like Gyorgy Ligeti.

I do have to say though, the initial responses to the opening post are hilarious. Codera the Great's obvious insecurity was clearly asking for trouble.
11.02.2014 - 12:15
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
On second thought, Chaosphere has grown on me significantly these past months. It's probably one of my favorite albums ever. If I could change my vote, it would be Chaosphere hands down.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
14.02.2014 - 02:27
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Chaosphere or Catch-33. Chaosphere because it's still probably the most hostile, abrasive, and face-smashingly heavy things I've ever heard. Catch-33 because it's perfectly poetic in its illustration of the total descent into madness that one experiences when pondering the contradictory and paradoxical nature of existence. To be honest, the album sounded totally boring at first, until I got what they were trying to do with it, and it just *clicked*.

I really don't see why Destroy Erase Improve was everyone's favorite. Sure, it was groundbreaking shit back in the day, but in retrospect, I think they've made more interesting stuff since then. Still a great album, but not my favorite.
----
19.04.2014 - 19:20
Panterica
I just started to listen to these guys yesterday so I still don't know if I can handle them for a long time.
Destroy Erase Improve and Catch 33 sound cool so far.
----
Li'ed - Prog-Metal from Jerusalem
https://open.spotify.com/artist/7aZWDrAAvDSLMaSmDSE8zA
https://www.facebook.com/LiedBandMusic
http://lied-band.bandcamp.com/