Metal Storm logo
Are You an Internet Addict?

Original post

Posted by Lupas, 03.11.2006 - 23:15
Just read this article and comment about this

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/hughes/6574

AFter i have read it , i feel a bit addict to internet. I really don't know what is good or not. Spending much time onto internet .
23.06.2008 - 23:18
The Sleeper
Maybe i am but it's not my fault , it's the Internet that's becoming increasingly powerful and the power is in people involvement of course.

Examples: i don't call most of my friends by telephone when i'm at home, cause i find them on some chat
i don't turn on my television (in Italy it's kinda crap btw) coz i find all i need from it on the net
----
"If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love."
Bohdi - Point Break, 1991
28.06.2008 - 14:51
Abattoir
Staff
I guess I am...

But internet is like every day use...I get mostly information on internet, from different news sites and forums. On internet I can bought lots of things, while nowdays we have bunch of web-shops and so on...There is also lots of staff for studying on net.
Of course meeting and chating with friends and other peoples is also one of the reasons.
28.06.2008 - 19:17
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
well...i guess i AM. but it's NOT negative
caz i can find the information i need, despite the heavy sensorship of books, newspapers, mags, films, ... and EVEN internet itself.
i mean i can have access to e-books, articles, scientific papers, political news, music (heavy metal), ... and you know, it's fantastic!!!
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
28.06.2008 - 19:58
Hamird
Lieutenant
I am, I spend many times on in. if I don't have another works to do, and have access to the internet!! I enjoy it.
29.06.2008 - 19:08
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
i reckon i am. im always online everyday, most of the day too unless i go out. im practically on metalstorm and msn all day, which is kinda sad
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
02.07.2008 - 21:50
Infurnace
Well, sometimes I really am an internet addict. I'm practically doing it everyday, and it's hard to live without it for too long.
24.12.2008 - 13:51
Cah
Today.. I think not...
----
* I´m me, You are Yourself.
Don´t forget this! *
24.12.2008 - 14:03
Elio
Red Nightmare
Definitely...I wonder how I spent my time before the 24/7 connection!
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
24.12.2008 - 15:15
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Possibly... but I think the only reason I'm on so much lately is because there's nothing going on with my life. I'm still figuring out what to do
----
Coldgrits
27.12.2008 - 18:58
Kanto
Crap...seriously I am...and that's a problem, OK...I'll turn off the pc now and talk with my parents xD
----
...Dude.
27.12.2008 - 19:12
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
XD.. Man, i dont know how i would live without internet. Of course there are other good things in life, but i just enjoy so much spend time in front of the computer doing anything. Can't imagine my life without a PC with connection
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
27.12.2008 - 23:13
Atto
Account deleted
That reminded me of something I saw recently...

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13772_3-10123138-52.html?tag=newsEditorsPicksArea.0

Maybe Internet has really become important in our lives....
And I spend 14 hours everyday in front of a PC (although during 12 of these hours I am working...but I'm still there anyway..)...
27.12.2008 - 23:58
Gigginova
Account deleted
Even though internet is prolly the 'healthiest' thing to get addicted to, i think it's what I'd rather be addicted to the least . Just the title of this topic sounds sad and sorryful for me lol.
31.01.2009 - 22:36
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Hmm I used to be pathetically addicted to internet and for a couple of years there wasnt a day where I didnt go online. Now its better, still go on a helluva lot but not for those marathons-lengths I used to in the past. Basically just go onto MS, cricinfo.com and facebook thesedays.
10.02.2009 - 10:30
Cock_Spit
Account deleted
I got a facebook. Wanna add?
Haha Just kidding.

Im not an internet addict. But this is true.
"5. Feeling a constant desire to be online when they're away from the computer."

And when I AM online the next 15 minutes, I get bored and go back to 'Life' Even though its not that thrilling anymore than being online. Sad huh?
27.02.2009 - 01:00
PsychoNerd
Well, now i am since we got th net last month, but im mostly on th PS3 playin online multiplayer, if antbody here has a PS3 my PSN is Psycho_Nerd
----
The computer Nerd
26.04.2010 - 07:27
Archetype
Probably although I don't think I'm as bad as I used to be.
26.04.2010 - 11:58
Mikyz
Well, I can confidently say that I am addicted to the Internet. but let me make things clearer, I rarely chat, I despise Facebook ( I have an account there but I only open it once every 4 months). All I do on the internet is look for new music, to the extent that when I start talking about music my friends get annoyed and tell me that I sound like a college professor giving a lecture, Fuck them. I also look for books, cloth and stuff but I never tried buying anything online, well because I live in Lebanon. It's not like I'm "using" 24/7 but I'd get frustrated if I don't get online everyday.
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
26.04.2010 - 13:16
Kennoth
What? It just redirects me to general technology page of theirs. Or maybe it's just this crappy internet of school's.

Anyway, I guess I'm addicted, and not just to Internet, but to PC in general, even though I'm often bored to death by it. It's a habbit, whenever I come home, turning it on is one of the basic things I do next to the TV. I either listen to music, chat on forums, check out few of vids on youtube, play a strategy game, etc...
----
*insert something deep and profound*
02.05.2010 - 22:45
I_Die_Often
At this moment, yes, I am addicted.
I am between homes (next week I should get my own house again!!! ) and email is the best way to pass along info be between everyone involved.
Internet lets me shop around for items to purchase and play Call Of Duty to relieve the daily stress!!! And of course to be on MS!
Once I am in the house, the importance of internet will diminish, but I will still be connected.
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
01.09.2010 - 17:47
Wishmaster
Account deleted
Yes, absolutely.
01.09.2010 - 23:06
Don Martin
le fu-
100 %. I luvz teh internetz, they're fulla kittehz.
----
What a tackastrophe!
02.09.2010 - 01:49
whatsacow
100%. mostly youtube facebook and msn though. And this site. theyre all addictive.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
04.10.2010 - 20:08
Elodie Artour
Slania
Well, I have to admit I do spend too much time on the Internet (especially on this site, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) However, if I'm away from town or something, it's not a problem for me not to use technology. I mean, I don't feel like a total Internet addict.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
07.10.2010 - 02:36
JD
Account deleted
Written by Elodie Artour on 04.10.2010 at 20:08

I don't feel like a total Internet addict.

Same here.
02.02.2011 - 16:51
Vivi'
Of course I am. I don't need to think about it or read something in order to realize or admit that.
09.02.2011 - 20:26
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
I am. We all are if we are posting on a websites forums.
I spend my time on www.Reddit.com and browsing metal.