Metal Storm logo
Gigantour 2

18.05.2006 - 20:49
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Ok, so last summers Gigantour was one of the best things to happen to Metal in a long time. Here we have Megadeth, Dream Theater, Anthrax, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Nevermore, Fear Factory, Symphony X, Life Of Agony, Dry Kill Logic, and Bobaflex teaming up for six weeks. The brain child of Dave Mustaine, this was a festival built to rival Ozzfest. Mustaine wanted to group together talented bands, that all have possitive outlooks, and tour. Also, the goal of having a diverse show was a goal. In the end, it was one of the most impressive festivals in America in a long time. The tour comes after a break from Megadeth's last tour in support of their latest offering, The System Has Failed, and coincides with the release of Dream Theater's Octavarium.

Now the question is, will there be a second one? Talks are in the air of it coming late summer 2006. Who will it contain? I have heard that DragonForce and Arch Enemy may be joining.

Thoughts?
----
(space for rent)
18.05.2006 - 20:53
Horlequism
Account deleted
Well, there is supposed to be a second one...I don't even think there is a DVD out yet for the first one, something that Mustaine promised everyone...I mean, if there is then maybe I'm misinformed...anyway, there is supposed to be more gigantours...which is odd because there is no website for GIGANTOUR 2 as you have so called it....I heard that Megadeth, Arch Enemy and Overkill are supposed to have spots on it...
18.05.2006 - 21:12
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
I did hear there was going to be a DVD. One of the sections was supposed to be the tribute to Dimebag featuring members of Dream Theater, Megadeth, Fear Factory and Anrthrax.
----
(space for rent)
18.05.2006 - 21:26
Horlequism
Account deleted
One section was also supposed to be a baseball game that all the bands played...
19.05.2006 - 03:40
Endoftherainbow
There is a site up for Gigantour 2 and it says: Gigantour 2 Comming Late Summer 2006. So I believe that it most definently is happening.
19.05.2006 - 05:55
Deth
Account deleted
Dave announced it a couple of weeks after Gigantour ended. The past few months h has been saying he will announce more info and the bands that will be there. So far nothing of the nature has been announced.
19.05.2006 - 17:37
Daru Jericho
So so far Arch Enemy and DragonForce have been confirmed. Ane one other band, which I think may have been Bullet For My Valentine though I'm not 100% sure.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

20.05.2006 - 01:02
Deth
Account deleted
Written by Daru Jericho on 19.05.2006 at 17:37

So so far Arch Enemy and DragonForce have been confirmed. Ane one other band, which I think may have been Bullet For My Valentine though I'm not 100% sure.
Do you have a source for that? I haven't seen anything on Megadeth's website, or their forums regarding that. I really hope that BFMV isn't going to be there, I really hate that band.
20.05.2006 - 01:19
-Valhalla-
Nevermore and Symphony X again would be a plus.
----
A decapitated head could remain conscious for up to 30 seconds after being removed, offering the victim a truly unique perspective on the world for those last few moments.
20.05.2006 - 01:26
Deth
Account deleted
Nice triple post

I would love to see Nevermore again. They didn't get much time the first time.
20.05.2006 - 03:49
Daru Jericho
Written by [user id=5969] on 20.05.2006 at 01:02

Do you have a source for that? I haven't seen anything on Megadeth's website, or their forums regarding that. I really hope that BFMV isn't going to be there, I really hate that band.

I can't recall the source (though I'm looking for it). But like I said, I could be wrong about the BFMV thing. They certainly seem to stick out among the other metal bands. I'll let you know if I find any more info on it.

EDIT: It's actually DragonForce and Avenged Sevenfold playing at Ozzfest. Sorry about that. Mixed up the festivals and the hardcore bands.
----

20.05.2006 - 03:59
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Written by Dane Train on 18.05.2006 at 21:12

I did hear there was going to be a DVD. One of the sections was supposed to be the tribute to Dimebag featuring members of Dream Theater, Megadeth, Fear Factory and Anrthrax.

..i'd like to hear that dimebag tribute...i already heard anthrax play some songs but i'd like to hear how dream theater and megadeth hear like...
...btw does somebody know if dream theater is going to play again??
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
20.05.2006 - 04:04
Deth
Account deleted
Written by Daru Jericho on 20.05.2006 at 03:49

Written by [user id=5969] on 20.05.2006 at 01:02

I can't recall the source (though I'm looking for it). But like I said, I could be wrong about the BFMV thing. They certainly seem to stick out among the other metal bands. I'll let you know if I find any more info on it.

EDIT: It's actually DragonForce and Avenged Sevenfold playing at Ozzfest. Sorry about that. Mixed up the festivals and the hardcore bands.
Yeah I thought so. I just recently saw a confirmation for DF at Ozzfest on Blabbermouth. I can't picture a band doing to festivals tours so close together .
20.05.2006 - 23:47
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Gigantour DVD Details Revealed :

Image Entertainment has confirmed a September 5th release date for the new Gigantour two-disc DVD. The release celebrates the inaugural tour that took place last summer in North America. The 84+ minute DVD features the following tracks: Featuring songs by Megadeth ('She Wolf', 'A Tout le Monde , 'Kick the Chair'), Dream Theater ('Glass Prison', 'Panic Attack'), Fear Factory ('Transgression', 'Archetype'), Nevermore ('Born', 'Enemies Of Reality'), Life Of Agony ('Love To Let You Down', 'Day He Died'), Symphony X ('Inferno', 'Of Sins and Shadows'), Bobaflex ('Better Than Me'), Dry Kill Logic ('Paper Tiger', 'Lost'). According to a press release, the DVD is "packed with special features: ind out why the bands feel Gigantour is so special, pyrotechnics, moshing with Fear Factory, life on a Bus, tour management, pranks, cover songs, backstage footage, birthdays and tons more!"

(Source : http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news)
----
Your favorite band sucks.
21.05.2006 - 09:32
Deth
Account deleted
Written by Thryce on 20.05.2006 at 23:47

Gigantour DVD Details Revealed :

Image Entertainment has confirmed a September 5th release date for the new Gigantour two-disc DVD. The release celebrates the inaugural tour that took place last summer in North America. The 84+ minute DVD features the following tracks: Featuring songs by Megadeth ('She Wolf', 'A Tout le Monde , 'Kick the Chair'), Dream Theater ('Glass Prison', 'Panic Attack'), Fear Factory ('Transgression', 'Archetype'), Nevermore ('Born', 'Enemies Of Reality'), Life Of Agony ('Love To Let You Down', 'Day He Died'), Symphony X ('Inferno', 'Of Sins and Shadows'), Bobaflex ('Better Than Me'), Dry Kill Logic ('Paper Tiger', 'Lost'). According to a press release, the DVD is "packed with special features: ind out why the bands feel Gigantour is so special, pyrotechnics, moshing with Fear Factory, life on a Bus, tour management, pranks, cover songs, backstage footage, birthdays and tons more!"

(Source : http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news)

I don't like that list too much. I thought they were adding Anthrax to it. They were at the show they filmed, I think.
21.05.2006 - 23:11
Deucehound
Account deleted
News on this has really been vague, not reliable, or existant. I would love to check this out, and was disappointed I missed the first one. I remember in the old forum that the lineup was supposebly Anthrax, Overkill, Megadeth, and possibly Judas Priest. If you look it up on Wikipedia it says the same thing. I'm waiting anxiously for news, lets hope it starts filtering out soon.
30.05.2006 - 06:55
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
hmmm, im going to gigantour this year but i heard dragonforce is opening
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
30.05.2006 - 06:59
Icewings
La Luna
I really hope there is , last years was really good , and I won't miss the opportunity of seeying a lot of good bands palying together , well I justhope is not only rumors but that is true ....
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
17.06.2006 - 23:01
Deucehound
Account deleted
Dragonforce is playing Ozzfest this year, and I had heard Anthrax was suppose to play Gigantour 2 aswell but they are apparently the supporting act for Rob Zombie on a summer tour from July to August. Where is the news on Gigantour 2 guys? I want to know if its even real and it seems nothing can be found.
28.06.2006 - 20:24
Endoftherainbow
When was news of last years Gigantour put up because I forget whether or not it was this late when they put it up. The site says comming late summer and it's summer and still they haven't put anything else up about it at all. I'm beginning to doubt it's exsistence.
29.06.2006 - 05:29
MetalSpider
So far the rumours Ive heard are that Arch Enemy, Opeth and Sevendust (CRAPPY!) are playing at G2. Dont know if thats true.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
29.06.2006 - 07:51
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by MetalSpider on 29.06.2006 at 05:29

Sevendust (CRAPPY!)

You said it bro!

Opeth and Arch Enemy fuck ya! Awesome live bands...With Opeth, it's like...two sides to the crowd which is awesome to be a part of every time and with Arch Enemy it's always non-stop fuckin' headbangin engery the whole way through the show...Arch Enemy was the craziest show I've seen in ages...
29.06.2006 - 08:12
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I was reading some site that seemed somewhat dependable and they said Overkill, Testament, Arch Enemy, Anthrax, and Megadeth. I know for a fact Arch Enemy will be on because Michael Amott told MTV.com that they are confirmed.
29.06.2006 - 13:07
Nightwish15
Account deleted
I dont even know this whole tour:S .. but it sounds really cool
Am I right when I say that all those bands are touring together than :S
The bands: Megadeth, Dream Theater, Anthrax, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Fear Factory are really cool:P.. they kick ass ^^
But those are touring together?:P.. that is really cool:P..
I defenitly gonna buy the DVD or anything if there comes one.. like somebody said in this topic.
29.06.2006 - 19:26
MetalSpider
Written by [user id=2084] on 29.06.2006 at 07:51

Written by MetalSpider on 29.06.2006 at 05:29

Sevendust (CRAPPY!)

You said it bro!

Opeth and Arch Enemy fuck ya! Awesome live bands...With Opeth, it's like...two sides to the crowd which is awesome to be a part of every time and with Arch Enemy it's always non-stop fuckin' headbangin engery the whole way through the show...Arch Enemy was the craziest show I've seen in ages...

Opeth I defintely enjoy. Arch Enemy plays some great metal, but im not a fan of the vocalist...even though she is good looking.

Obviously you already know what I think of sevencrap. ...im just hoping its not true and that there are some great bands instead of them.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
29.06.2006 - 22:56
Ibanez07
Account deleted
To be honest...this second tour sounds a lot better than the first. I've never been a major fan of Megadeath [I sincerely believe Dave Mustaine is entirely too overrated as a guitarist], or Dream Theater [though I do like 'These Walls'...a lot].

I'm more of that Gothenburg, thrashier, type sound. [ie...Arch Enemy, Opeth lol], so this works. To make it clearer...Ozzfest '05 was the PERFECT show for me. If you took out like Mastadon and any other given hardcore band and replaced them with Dark Tranquillity and say...Children of Bodom, I would've pissed myself...multiple times.
30.06.2006 - 03:56
nick35
Account deleted
it would be awesome if dragonforce was on gigantour im not very fond of arch enemy
30.06.2006 - 06:28
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I just saw on smnnews.com that Exodus is doing a major North American tour from September through October, but they are sworn to secrecy as to which tour they are on. It's most likely Gigantour 2.
05.07.2006 - 00:25
Daru Jericho
I have some news about Gigantour 2, which might interest those who don't live in the US as well: From a recent post made by Mustaine on his forums:

"Next up is touring and Megadeth has two shows in Spain this month; Gigantour.2006.NA starts in September and ends in October, with more details coming soon; we have one show in Japan in October, after Gigantour in North America; we are nearing our release date for the details about a very possible Gigantour.2006.OZ; then there will be various dates in the states and elsewhere leading up to the European leg of this World Tour, which may end up being Gigantour.2006.EU. Any dates following this will be posted at either the Megadeth Killing Road page or the "smell the asphalt" page at the Gigantour.com site."

I'd love to see an EU Gigantour!
----

07.07.2006 - 02:06
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Good to see that GIGANTOUR is still coming here the same time it did last year...I'm so off my seat impatient to know who's on it...