Metal Storm logo
Phil Anselmo - Working On Solo Album

Phil Anselmo (Down, Pantera) is currently working on his first solo album. In a recent interview, Anselmo talked about his upcoming solo project where he did not just write all of the songs, but also produced them in his studio Housecore Records. Anselmo states that the most probable time of release is at the end of this year. He also calls his debut solo effort "one of the most intense things I've done, ever". Musicians that helped him with the album are Marzi Montazeri on guitar, with whom Anselmo played in Superjoint Ritual, on drums Jose Manuel Gonzales of Warbeast and on bass Bennett Bartley.

Anselmo's primary band Down is also preparing to release a series of four EPs. For the first Down EP, Anselmo said the songs and recordings are finished and now they're waiting on it to be mastered.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Down
Posted: 16.05.2012 by s7mon

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 156 users
16.05.2012 - 13:11
Nosurper
Stinky Lips
"one of the most intense things I've done, ever"

promising
----
16.05.2012 - 16:23
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
He looks pretty intense in that photo, as if he doesn't like his picture taken.
16.05.2012 - 17:58
Dronewolf

New Down plz Phil!
16.05.2012 - 18:14
exomorphyx89

Can't wait to listen to Phil's new material!
----
"Bang you head against the stage and metal takes its place..."
16.05.2012 - 19:49
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
Phil's doing something om his own

I love Pantera, I like Down and Superjoint Ritual, but I have the feeling this is going to be an attempt to show "the True Phil Anselmo" and fail miserably at it.
16.05.2012 - 23:27
popmik

Sounds great! but damn.. the new Down record
19.05.2012 - 11:03
Symmachus

Written by Paradox0 on 16.05.2012 at 19:49

Phil's doing something om his own

I love Pantera, I like Down and Superjoint Ritual, but I have the feeling this is going to be an attempt to show "the True Phil Anselmo" and fail miserably at it.

Well, I don't think he can fail at being "the true Phil Anselmo" through the solo album, since he is Phil Anselmo and a musician. However, I think I know what you're getting at, though, since you're concerned about the quality of the music.

Hits total: 4347 | This month: 6