Metal Storm logo
Marduk - Banned From Playing In Minsk For Being An Affront To Christian Values

Swedish black metal band Marduk has issued the following statement about having the band's appearance in Minsk, Belarus, cancelled: "The Prosecutor General's Office has banned Swedish black metal band Marduk from playing a show in Minsk, Belarus."

"Pavel Radzivonaw, a departmental head at the Prosecutor General's Office, told reporters on Monday that Marduk's concert, scheduled for May 22, would not take place. 'The band preaches Satanism, which has nothing to do with art,' he says. 'This is an affront to Christian values, they preach the ideas of death, of the Third Reich.'

"The other bands that were scheduled to appear with Marduk at the Re:Public club ? including Kataklysm and Vader ? will be allowed to perform. Radzivonaw warned the show may be stopped if the performances involve violations of laws."

"I wonder who's really pushing for the Third Reich ideas here..."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Marduk
Posted: 21.05.2012 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 38   Visited by: 251 users
21.05.2012 - 12:25
theFIST
How can you get those guys out of office?
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
21.05.2012 - 12:28
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
So Marduk is NSBM now? The more you know...
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
21.05.2012 - 12:33
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Oh, so a communist regime like Bielorussia's is the authority on what's an affront to Christian values now? gimme a fucking break.
21.05.2012 - 13:34
BudDa
Elite
Minsk's loss...
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
21.05.2012 - 13:41
blackdoomy
Religious values SUCKS :@
21.05.2012 - 14:01
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
I believe Mr. Radzivonaw and the rest of those religious tight asses should go fornicate themselves with a pitchfork. Art is art no matter what! (BTW I'm a Muslim and I suffer from the same problem in my country)
21.05.2012 - 14:35
Lit.
Account deleted
Vader can play but not Marduk?
21.05.2012 - 14:47
@gent_-_orange
"The band preaches Satanism, which has nothing to do with art"

This part pisses me off, So he gets the say on what is and isn't art?, take your head out of your arse.
21.05.2012 - 15:00
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by X-Ray Rod on 21.05.2012 at 12:28
So Marduk is NSBM now? The more you know...

Ya I was like... this is stupid, this is stupid, this is stupid... wait, what?!

Johan, looks like you have to blacklist these guys and remove them from the database.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
21.05.2012 - 15:00
Shaytaan666
Written by Valentin B on 21.05.2012 at 12:33

Oh, so a communist regime like Bielorussia's is the authority on what's an affront to Christian values now? gimme a fucking break.

Totally agree... This is nothing but hypocrisy from a dictatorship
21.05.2012 - 15:01
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Guest on 21.05.2012 at 14:35
Vader can play but not Marduk?

Considering they deem Marduk an NS band, I'm not surprised they're still allowing Vader to play. They probably didn't check the lyrical content at all and just assume they sing about Star Wars.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
21.05.2012 - 15:50
Fredd
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 21.05.2012 at 15:01

They probably didn't check the lyrical content at all and just assume they sing about Star Wars.

21.05.2012 - 16:12
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Let's go burn some churches in the name of hitler! Yay!

People piss me off >>
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
21.05.2012 - 16:37
WorpeX
Made of Metal
I'd be a little scared if I was Vader and even Kataklysm. I'd be sure to double check my set-list to be sure there isn't anything that could be considered offensive in it so I don't get shot!
21.05.2012 - 16:39
s_t_s
Satanism ok, but third reich ? That's some heavy bullshit ! Reminds of the Hellfest affair here in France. They brought some priest to spread sacred water on the location of the festival ! What for ? To avoid Satan to attend some gigs ?
21.05.2012 - 16:55
Ankläger
Written by WorpeX on 21.05.2012 at 16:37

I'd be a little scared if I was Vader and even Kataklysm. I'd be sure to double check my set-list to be sure there isn't anything that could be considered offensive in it so I don't get shot!

Beatles' cover night
21.05.2012 - 17:32
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Ankläger on 21.05.2012 at 16:55

Written by WorpeX on 21.05.2012 at 16:37

Beatles' cover night

Some people are still sore about John Lennon being Jesus, I bet.
21.05.2012 - 17:55
What a shame.
21.05.2012 - 17:57
Litvin

You just mentioned something about country called Bielorussia just want to let yo know that there is no such country called like that.
Moreover topic saying Belarus but not Bielorussia. Are u sure that u talking about the same country?
21.05.2012 - 19:06
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Litvin on 21.05.2012 at 17:57

You just mentioned something about country called Bielorussia just want to let yo know that there is no such country called like that.
Moreover topic saying Belarus but not Bielorussia. Are u sure that u talking about the same country?

Yes, I do know what country I'm talking about.

I did not know it was also called Belarus in English (like in Romanian), I just think it sounds weird so that's why I wrote Bielorussia.
21.05.2012 - 19:10
Kimiwind
Speed Metal God
Bullshit..
----
Wintermoon Calls you, Follow It And You Will Be Proud Forever.
21.05.2012 - 19:23
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Valentin B on 21.05.2012 at 19:06

I did not know it was also called Belarus in English (like in Romanian), I just think it sounds weird so that's why I wrote Bielorussia.

i always found some of the 'Anglicization' odd. Belarus i guess is easier to spell even if the pronunciation isn't as accurate as how you wrote it. Moscow always confused me as it's Moskva. Not that hard to spell/pronounce.

on one hand it is stupid to ban them, but on the other it is marduk, so no big loss. and i always find it amusing when bands that go out of their way to be as offensive as possible reap the "benefits" of their infamy and people get up in arms about it.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
21.05.2012 - 19:27
Igeldude
Christianity is affront to humanity.
21.05.2012 - 20:29
Litvin
Written by BitterCOld on 21.05.2012 at 19:23

Written by Valentin B on 21.05.2012 at 19:06

i always found some of the 'Anglicization' odd. Belarus i guess is easier to spell even if the pronunciation isn't as accurate as how you wrote it. Moscow always confused me as it's Moskva. Not that hard to spell/pronounce.

on one hand it is stupid to ban them, but on the other it is marduk, so no big loss. and i always find it amusing when bands that go out of their way to be as offensive as possible reap the "benefits" of their infamy and people get up in arms about it.

Well. when you spell Belarus is not 'Anglicization' spelling - It is just only correct spelling and sounds correctly as well, it is just right. The example with Moskow-Moskva isn't right for that case.

OK, ideally it should be spelled something like that Belarusь Letter 'ь' is a soft sign - means that sound before that letter should be pronounced as soft.

Anyway it is wired that the govs ban Marduk. Also as far as i know Belarus govs banned some local bands as well, so they cant play in their own country.
Also they banned new movie 'Dictator' by Sacha Borat which just come out last week.
21.05.2012 - 22:31
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
HA! Good old Belarus.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
21.05.2012 - 22:56
Winterthrone
Meanwhile, in a dictatorship called Belarus...
21.05.2012 - 23:00
EdguyAsFuck
Welp. Just another case of the government thinking it's their duty to protect people from butthurt. Is it too much to ask for people to just, I don't know, not go to the concert if they're so offended? Christ.
21.05.2012 - 23:39
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Written by EdguyAsFuck on 21.05.2012 at 23:00

Welp. Just another case of the government thinking it's their duty to protect people from butthurt. Is it too much to ask for people to just, I don't know, not go to the concert if they're so offended? Christ.

Ha! But it's the government that says when you should feel butthurt!
22.05.2012 - 01:26
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
This is BULLSHIT!
22.05.2012 - 07:47
Igeldude
So, unlike most Christians...like this Radzivonaw guy, I actually did some research since I am not very familiar with this band. I concluded that this band is out to mostly bash Christianity, and the Third Reich was just a lyrical concept. They're not NSBM and don't associate themselves with Nazis.

On another note, Hitler was a Christian. So I wonder, which Christian values is this band an affront to; rape, murder, theft?

Hits total: 5740 | This month: 16