Metal Storm logo
Euro 2012

Original post

Posted by Angelic Storm, 09.06.2012 - 16:35
I seen that there is a football thread, but felt that a big tournament like Euro 2012 deserved it's own thread. So here it is!

I was really impressed by the Russians. The Czech Republic are no slouches, but Russia just seemed to have too much for them to cope with. They should definitely top their group. The Poland v Greece match was very exciting, even though controversy played a large part in that. I dunno what the referee was thinking, as both of the yellow cards which led to Papastathopoulos' sending off weren't even fouls, let alone yellow cards! The Greeks showed such spirit in the 2nd half to come back with 10 men, and I felt they deserved to win it, shame they only got a draw...

Can't wait for the 2 games today, they should both be great!
28.06.2012 - 00:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Valentin B on 28.06.2012 at 00:45

Written by Bad English on 28.06.2012 at 00:43

Written by Valentin B on 28.06.2012 at 00:41

Can't watch the game at work but seriously, there was not one shot on goal during the first half and Portugal could not get one shot on goal in 120 minutes, I'm totally not sorry I missed this game.

ist midnight who is working?

what?

are you at work now where are you working? its night
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.06.2012 - 00:49
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Bad English on 28.06.2012 at 00:47

Written by Valentin B on 28.06.2012 at 00:45

Written by Bad English on 28.06.2012 at 00:43

Written by Valentin B on 28.06.2012 at 00:41

Can't watch the game at work but seriously, there was not one shot on goal during the first half and Portugal could not get one shot on goal in 120 minutes, I'm totally not sorry I missed this game.

ist midnight who is working?

what?

are you at work now where are you working? its night

I have to stay here until 2 sometimes, gotta take phone calls from all over the world where they don't sleep at this time, but this is a story for another thread

what do you think of the game?
28.06.2012 - 00:52
Vombatus
Potorro
Hmmmm agree with the boredom. Portugal seemed more concerned to stop Spain's game than trying to win the match... So yeah, the game was boring till Navas and Pedro got on the field and then with extra time it was clearly spanish domination coz the pressure wasn't gonna last forever.

Watching Cristiano crying is also fun from time to time
28.06.2012 - 00:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Valentin B on 28.06.2012 at 00:49

[what do you think of the game?

work is only 8h no more no better 4 h or 6
I wrote in 2 posts ago about game

PS give me a number and I will call
----

apos;'
[image]
28.06.2012 - 00:58
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff

Spain clearly dominated the game.. They were stronger. I understand if it was boring for some people... but I enjoyed it. I thought the tension put the fun in the game buit maybe thatäs something only I found.

and now... GO GERMANY!!!
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
28.06.2012 - 02:31
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
So Germany will have to beat Spain after Italy, eh? Challenge accepted. If Hummels and Khedira play like they played against the Netherlands, I don't see too much of a problem.

As for the game, I found it interesting. Great work by Portugal's midfield and defense, not so great work by Ronaldo who seemed to spend more time lying on the grass than chasing the ball. Spain struggled to adapt and didn't manage to do so until overtime, and even then they didn't manage to shoot a goal. Neither team managed to crack the other team's defense, so I wouldn't have minded either team in the finals. Portugal would've been better for Germany as the Mannschaft had beaten them in the group stage already. On the other hand this might be a good chance to take revenge for the finals of the last Euro.

But Italy first. Looking forward to the challenges Pirlo, Balotelli and Buffon will present the German squad with
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
28.06.2012 - 05:07
kesh
Account deleted
Portugal have had a really good tournament, Merierles - Ronaldo should of/could of won em that game. Sad to see even Portugals counter attacking football struggling again against the Spainish, hopefully Germanys Gomez is clinical enough, cos they wont get many chances. An thats if Germany beat Italy (Italy won them 2-0 in the semis last time) as theres alot of teams *cough an England* hoping to copy there 2006 changes ( in a more defensive less passing way )
28.06.2012 - 05:20
Tormentor666
I don't like the Spanish way of playing and I also despise Barcelona for the same reason. It's boring and I'm for a more direct system of playing football. But there's nothing much I can add, here are the results, and perhaps Spain would've never got into three finals in a row using another different system. So I won't complain.

But this match, I didn't like. I don't like the fact that Spain hasn't got enough depth during some critical moments of the game. Second, I'd really like to be inside Del Bosque's mind when it comes to make substitutions... if the midfield is jammed, I don't quite see the point on removing your only forward and introducing a winger... I understand Navas's work is to cross the ball into the box... very well, if you don't play a forward at the same time, for whom on earth do you want the ball to be crossed????? Another exasperating thing about the team is that they hardly ever finish their actions. You just can't make the attempt of crossing the goal just by passing the ball 103829473957384729 times. If you're inside or near the box, shoot the fucking ball, push it into the net, and then we can discuss other options (as wise Bill Shankley said once).

To sum up, it was a boring match to see. It only got more exciting during extra time, when Portugal couldn't hold their pressure anymore. In the end, we just won by fluke in the penalty shoot-out.

Sorry, Portugal. Next time, huh?
----
WARFARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
28.06.2012 - 06:41
kesh
Account deleted
Written by Tormentor666 on 28.06.2012 at 05:20

You just can't make the attempt of crossing the goal just by passing the ball 103829473957384729 times. If you're inside or near the box shoot the fucking ball

Anyone would of liked to get to 3 finals in any style, Spains possession is 68.2 for this tournament conpared with 59.3 last WC and alittle less Euros 2008. Gotta admire, there consistently getting better at it( i.e., more boring). If it wins games though who cares IMO.

An ye, Del Bospue, thought he might of brought Xavi off for Fabregas, for Xavis high standards i think the tournament is starting to catch up with him alittle. An the striker situation...
28.06.2012 - 10:07
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Promonex on 28.06.2012 at 02:31
not so great work by Ronaldo who seemed to spend more time lying on the grass than chasing the ball.

Oh man yes indeed... At first it was funny to see him dive, but then it started to be annoying.
----
Rod, let me love you.
28.06.2012 - 13:36
J:oKeR

I don't like the Spanish way of playing and I also despise Barcelona for the same reason. It's boring and I'm for a more direct system of playing football. But there's nothing much I can add, here are the results, and perhaps Spain would've never got into three finals in a row using another different system. So I won't complain.

But this match, I didn't like. I don't like the fact that Spain hasn't got enough depth during some critical moments of the game. Second, I'd really like to be inside Del Bosque's mind when it comes to make substitutions... if the midfield is jammed, I don't quite see the point on removing your only forward and introducing a winger... I understand Navas's work is to cross the ball into the box... very well, if you don't play a forward at the same time, for whom on earth do you want the ball to be crossed????? Another exasperating thing about the team is that they hardly ever finish their actions. You just can't make the attempt of crossing the goal just by passing the ball 103829473957384729 times. If you're inside or near the box, shoot the fucking ball, push it into the net, and then we can discuss other options (as wise Bill Shankley said once).

To sum up, it was a boring match to see. It only got more exciting during extra time, when Portugal couldn't hold their pressure anymore. In the end, we just won by fluke in the penalty shoot-out.

Sorry, Portugal. Next time, huh?

agreed....i wached first half and then i fell asleep (when somebody have problems with sleeping i recommend they watch spain football)....:D
----
Aaaaaaaaaa
28.06.2012 - 14:18
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
I actually like the way Spain. I find it fun to watch them toy with their opposition with precise passing. Maybe they over pass sometimes, but I don't really have a problem, they do play some really good football.
Spain Germany is going to be intense, two completely different styles of playing and it is going to be awesome.
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
28.06.2012 - 14:20
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Oh yeah, I'm sorry I think Germany will beat Italy
----

Last fm
Don't click here
28.06.2012 - 16:24
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Spirit Molecule on 28.06.2012 at 14:20

Why sorry? Germany is a far better team than Italy, so like you i think the best two teams will play the final as well. No idea who will come out on top on Sunday though
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

28.06.2012 - 16:26
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by X-Ray Rod on 28.06.2012 at 00:58

Spain clearly dominated the game.. They were stronger. I understand if it was boring for some people... but I enjoyed it. I thought the tension put the fun in the game buit maybe thatäs something only I found.

and now... GO GERMANY!!!

I enjoyed it too! You don't need to have goals to have a good game, it's just a shame that Portugal ran out of steam near the end, which made extra-time totally one sided. I think Portugal edged the first half, and they definitely put Spain out of their comfort zone. It was a great tactical battle, but I think Spain were the better team over the course of the match, and did deserve to win the game. xD

And yes, Go Germany! hehe
28.06.2012 - 17:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.06.2012 at 16:24

Why sorry? Germany is a far better team than Italy, so like you i think the best two teams will play the final as well. No idea who will come out on top on Sunday though

once yiou sad not always best teams win and Italy is team who can 83 min defending and one conta attack ands Casano get ball in and game is ober, remeber WC game between Ger n It , it can hepen now to you never know and Italy knows how to play football what you dont like
----

apos;'
[image]
28.06.2012 - 17:11
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Bad English on 28.06.2012 at 17:06

once yiou sad not always best teams win and Italy is team who can 83 min defending and one conta attack ands Casano get ball in and game is ober, remeber WC game between Ger n It , it can hepen now to you never know and Italy knows how to play football what you dont like

Italy doesn't play the defending style any more this torurnament and also not at WC 2010 they used to play the footbaal I don't like but even the style they played then was executed well unlike the pathetic football Greece plays, that country really is a disgrace to the game of football.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

28.06.2012 - 17:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.06.2012 at 17:11

Written by Bad English on 28.06.2012 at 17:06

Italy doesn't play the defending style any more this torurnament and also not at WC 2010 they used to play the footbaal I don't like but even the style they played then was executed well unlike the pathetic football Greece plays, that country really is a disgrace to the game of football.

I agree Italy dont play like that anymore, seems Prandelli bring new style, but for Italy it worked, 2+2 WC
Greece plays like this because they cant play otherway and its greek tacktices , but what greeks shood do dont support Greece?
----

apos;'
[image]
28.06.2012 - 18:18
Tormentor666
Written by [user id=1843] on 28.06.2012 at 06:41

You just can't make the attempt of crossing the goal just by passing the ball 103829473957384729 times. If you're inside or near the box shoot the fucking ball

Anyone would of liked to get to 3 finals in any style, Spains possession is 68.2 for this tournament conpared with 59.3 last WC and alittle less Euros 2008. Gotta admire, there consistently getting better at it( i.e., more boring). If it wins games though who cares IMO.

An ye, Del Bospue, thought he might of brought Xavi off for Fabregas, for Xavis high standards i think the tournament is starting to catch up with him alittle. An the striker situation...

Yeh, I agree, nobody cares as long as you keep on winning. That's why I said "I won't complain" in the first place, but perhaps I should've added "too much" to close that sentence. But in terms of boredom, this style gets an A+++. And the playing is far from being perfect, yesterday we could've perfectly lost against Portugal... only got lucky on the penalty shoot out and, of course, there're things that are yet to be improved, like the overpassing and the lack of depth in some of the matches. When all of this stuff gets improved, then, we will be totally unstoppable.
----
WARFARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
28.06.2012 - 21:41

I wouldn't underestimate Italy....remember first game in group stage...they were the better side, and they attacked as much as they could. But as i said i also "cheer" for Germany and whoever wins tonight they shoud beat Spain...let's football win tonight!!!
----
Aaaaaaaaaa
28.06.2012 - 22:25
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by J:oKeR on 28.06.2012 at 21:41

I wouldn't underestimate Italy....remember first game in group stage...they were the better side, and they attacked as much as they could. But as i said i also "cheer" for Germany and whoever wins tonight they shoud beat Spain...let's football win tonight!!!

Haha man, you're so right. Even though Germany had way more chances Italy had a few shots and made it count. Good match so far
----

Last fm
Don't click here
28.06.2012 - 22:28
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
I watched the first 15 minutes... I leave my house for 25 min and come back and see 2-0 for Italy.

Seriously Germany... WHAT. THE. FUCK?!
----
Rod, let me love you.
28.06.2012 - 22:33
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Damn, seems like the match is already over. Weird thing is is that Germany is equal to Italy easily for the match up to now. Except Italy scores twice
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

28.06.2012 - 22:35
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.06.2012 at 22:33

Damn, seems like the match is already over. Weird thing is is that Germany is equal to Italy easily for the match up to now. Except Italy scores twice

Yeah I mean... I've only seen 20-25 mins of the first half... but I didn't see that Germany were playing shitty or anything. I missed both goals so yeah... No idea what happened. Totally unexpected for me.
----
Rod, let me love you.
28.06.2012 - 22:44
Warman
Erotic Stains
Italy just keep on impressing me during this tournament. I've never been much of a fan (except for Ballotelli), but these last games I've really enjoyed to watch them play.

BTW, give me 2-2 now. There's nothing better and more exciting than penalties when you don't root for any team on the field.
----
28.06.2012 - 23:11
Written by X-Ray Rod on 28.06.2012 at 22:28

I watched the first 15 minutes... I leave my house for 25 min and come back and see 2-0 for Italy.

Seriously Germany... WHAT. THE. FUCK?!

Baloteli was having his 5 minutes.....:D
----
Aaaaaaaaaa
28.06.2012 - 23:13
Written by Spirit Molecule on 28.06.2012 at 22:25

Written by J:oKeR on 28.06.2012 at 21:41

Haha man, you're so right. Even though Germany had way more chances Italy had a few shots and made it count. Good match so far

let's see will Germans be able to get back from this:)
----
Aaaaaaaaaa
28.06.2012 - 23:44
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by [user id=105293] on 28.06.2012 at 23:42

P.S. Don't worry. I am only responding to his ridiculous personal attacks because I need to let off some steam after Germany just disappointed me by getting their asses kicked. Oh well, back to films I guess...

At least we agree on football... Fucking fuck I wanted Germany to win. STILL can't believe those two goals. what the fuck...
As consolation... I demand that Spain will crush Italy! CRUSH I SAY.
----
Rod, let me love you.
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Germany 1-2 Italy
Mesut Özil 90+2 P Mario Balotelli 20, 36

Why Italia played whit black think around arm?
No penalty I have seen such situation in this EC when no penalty, refs are weird

Maybe Italyw ould have better sucsess if thay will play attacking footballl

Italy played well, Germany was attacking, but Buffon saves make Italy get goals and 2 Balotelli goals make Italy lead and they hold well till half time,a nd after it Germany attack and attack, but funny when Italy in end must defending thay start to attack and criated aprox 6 chances to get goal , there shood be 4-1 and Italy lost historical defending style, try attack and play better now
Germany again lots in semeis like in 2006 aganst Italy again in Europe, again close to Germany , seems all was wya to good for Germany
Besides Italy after 2 goals belved thay will win and thay won
----

apos;'
[image]
InnerSelf
proofread free
And Italy was the better side ...
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough