Metal Storm logo
Euro 2012

Original post

Posted by Angelic Storm, 09.06.2012 - 16:35
I seen that there is a football thread, but felt that a big tournament like Euro 2012 deserved it's own thread. So here it is!

I was really impressed by the Russians. The Czech Republic are no slouches, but Russia just seemed to have too much for them to cope with. They should definitely top their group. The Poland v Greece match was very exciting, even though controversy played a large part in that. I dunno what the referee was thinking, as both of the yellow cards which led to Papastathopoulos' sending off weren't even fouls, let alone yellow cards! The Greeks showed such spirit in the 2nd half to come back with 10 men, and I felt they deserved to win it, shame they only got a draw...

Can't wait for the 2 games today, they should both be great!
10.06.2012 - 04:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I will talk about todays games tommrow, Im werry tired

Baz - Rus was werry good fisical shape, werry fats, they find energy and fuel in end of the game to win and play werry fats but if Cz would use and get 2-2 you never know .... Russia in final , might be and we all know final be between 2 viking countries ...Danmark and Sverige (good danes whens wedish reporters talk ansver quastens in english not denish)

Groop B Ukraine
Kharkiv
Nederland 0-1 Danmark Michael Krohn-Dehli

I thought it will be boring game, because when it starst all was weird, I miss darkness, havnt seen darkness 1 month since we have polar nights o but when game start I know it will be good game, and I was hoping(I love Ned team, thay play good) but I wish small weeker teams will win, and never unbderasmated scaninavs, Ned has 10-20 chances where they shood get ball in, thay did not use it, it was same like Bayern in CL final, in end Denmark start play defensive, whit good conta attacks , if thayw ould use ..... it would be awesome
But Danmark wa slucky , Ned has greta chances, better, maybe best chance sin this tpournament, game was awesoem, fats interesting, well BTW Ned craited better chances how Rus and specely more

Lviv
Germany 1-0 Portugal
Mario Gomez 72

Good game, Portugal ok Eusebio days + Paolo Gomes 8was he that Porto player in 80's ), than came new generation, but no result at all no gold, Spain was vating long long, I have nothing aganst portugal team, but one mommy boy shood go and sleep in mammys bad , ehh C Ronaldo a wuss, Portugal we never know, good team but agan no result, no enought panzerfausts to stop panzer division Germania and this win, both teams who won today vis big step in quarters and this groop is a killer

My predition
Spain 2-1 Italy
Creoatia 2-2 Ireland

feel free say yours
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.06.2012 - 14:02
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Angelic Storm on 10.06.2012 at 03:16

The Dutch can still go through, but losing to Denmark makes that task much more difficult. It's unlikely they will beat Germany, so I think their only realistic chance of going through is for Denmark and Portugal to get a draw, and then they will need to beat Portugal in their last group game. I agree with Marcel that the Dutch are playing like a bunch of individuals playing for themselves, and not as a team. This is something that will have to change if they are to have any chance of progressing and going far in the tournament. But the Dutch have had problems with that (team spirit) for a long time now. There is a lot of talent in that team, but until they start playing as a team, and not for individual glory, that talent will not take them very far. As for Denmark winning the championship... well nobody gave them a hope in '92 and they won, so nothing's impossible!

Should be some more good footy to come tomorrow, and I shall be rooting for the Irish! Spain should beat Italy, but you can never ever count the Italians out, they always have a chance.

teh 92 Danish team was a lot better than the current one. And half, if not more, of the team were more or less in competition at the moment the team was called up. And the others had just finished their respective competitions. So all the stories about the members getting call ups while on the beach on vacation are all a myth
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.06.2012 - 14:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.06.2012 at 14:02

Written by Angelic Storm on 10.06.2012 at 03:16

The Dutch can still go through, but losing to Denmark makes that task much more difficult. It's unlikely they will beat Germany, so I think their only realistic chance of going through is for Denmark and Portugal to get a draw, and then they will need to beat Portugal in their last group game. I agree with Marcel that the Dutch are playing like a bunch of individuals playing for themselves, and not as a team. This is something that will have to change if they are to have any chance of progressing and going far in the tournament. But the Dutch have had problems with that (team spirit) for a long time now. There is a lot of talent in that team, but until they start playing as a team, and not for individual glory, that talent will not take them very far. As for Denmark winning the championship... well nobody gave them a hope in '92 and they won, so nothing's impossible!

Should be some more good footy to come tomorrow, and I shall be rooting for the Irish! Spain should beat Italy, but you can never ever count the Italians out, they always have a chance.

teh 92 Danish team was a lot better than the current one. And half, if not more, of the team were more or less in competition at the moment the team was called up. And the others had just finished their respective competitions. So all the stories about the members getting call ups while on the beach on vacation are all a myth

why Mikeal Laudrup reject call upp to Ec 92
----

apos;'
[image]
10.06.2012 - 14:08
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Bad English on 10.06.2012 at 14:07

some bullshit financial reason. His manager wanted more money from the Danish football board.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.06.2012 - 14:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.06.2012 at 14:08

Written by Bad English on 10.06.2012 at 14:07

some bullshit financial reason. His manager wanted more money from the Danish football board.

I heard beck when on Eurosport was WC and EC legends, comentaror said he did not plöayued because Danmark was acll up from vocations due Yugo ban and he said , its to late get on fisical condition to win
----

apos;'
[image]
10.06.2012 - 14:57
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Bad English on 10.06.2012 at 14:53

I heard beck when on Eurosport was WC and EC legends, comentaror said he did not plöayued because Danmark was acll up from vocations due Yugo ban and he said , its to late get on fisical condition to win

Like I said that vacation story is an urban myth. Half the players were still active in the Danish competition the moment the Danish team was called up and the other half had just finished the competitions with their foreign teams. The Danish coach had already told all his players not to leave for vacation just yet because there would be a slight possibility that the Danish team would be called up to replace Yugoslavia.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.06.2012 - 15:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Who criated and why this myth has been criated
----

apos;'
[image]
10.06.2012 - 15:13
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Bad English on 10.06.2012 at 15:03

simple...

it was created by the Danes themselves to manouvre them into a totally underdog position and let their opposition think lightly of them. Such as the Dutch: "oh we're facing a team that's physically out of shape and were on vacation so that should be an easy match"
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.06.2012 - 15:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.06.2012 at 15:13

Written by Bad English on 10.06.2012 at 15:03

simple...

it was created by the Danes themselves to manouvre them into a totally underdog position and let their opposition think lightly of them. Such as the Dutch: "oh we're facing a team that's physically out of shape and were on vacation so that should be an easy match"

tacktic work, same like Dick Advokat says Rus is not a fav and thay be lucky to win any games, also C Romaldo says: ''its good non consider us like favorites'' but Rus won, Por not
----

apos;'
[image]
10.06.2012 - 15:31
Angelic Storm
Melodious

That is very true, but the current Danish side is arguably better than the Greek side who won Euro 2004, so nothing's impossible!

I had heard those stories about some of the '92 Danish team members getting call-ups whilst on the beach...
10.06.2012 - 15:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Angelic Storm on 10.06.2012 at 15:31

I had heard those stories about some of the '92 Danish team members getting call-ups whilst on the beach...

And like Isaid they weren't
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.06.2012 - 15:40
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.06.2012 at 15:36
And like Isaid they weren't

It doesn't surprise me to hear that those stories were false, in hindsight it was a bit too outlandish and far fetched to have much chance of being true.
10.06.2012 - 16:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Angelic Storm on 10.06.2012 at 15:31

That is very true, but the current Danish side is arguably better than the Greek side who won Euro 2004, so nothing's impossible!

Greek team won in weird way , won opeing match aganst Portugal, than beet Spain, lost to Russia and then was France(who sucks since 2002 BTW) hard way thay won Cz becase Nedved get red or injury and it was only OT, than came Portugal and thay did it agan hehehhehe
----

apos;'
[image]
10.06.2012 - 19:06
Snake? Snaaaake!
Account deleted
Why is spain playing with no strikers?
10.06.2012 - 19:57
Oaken
Hipster
Written by [user id=115335] on 10.06.2012 at 19:06

Dunno, but I guess it's not working, and I think Torres or Negredo will play in the second half.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
10.06.2012 - 20:24
Deria Daisy
Forza Italia!
10.06.2012 - 20:54
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Spain 1 Italy 1

Probably the right result in the end. Italy probably were the better team for most of the match until Spain scored, after which, Spain had the Italians by the throat, and really should have won, but Torres fluffed two great chances that really he should have put away. Even during Spain's period of dominance though, Italy had two really good chances themselves to get a second goal. Italy certainly gave a better account of themselves than they did in the last world cup, that's for sure!
10.06.2012 - 21:03
Snake? Snaaaake!
Account deleted
Written by Oaken on 10.06.2012 at 19:57

Torres

They'd be better off sticking a rock on the pitch.
10.06.2012 - 21:06
Oaken
Hipster
Written by [user id=115335] on 10.06.2012 at 21:03

Written by Oaken on 10.06.2012 at 19:57

Torres

Yeah really. He sucked.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
10.06.2012 - 21:07
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by [user id=115335] on 10.06.2012 at 21:03

lol I think even I might have had half a chance of putting the first chance he missed away.
10.06.2012 - 21:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Groop C
Gdansk

Spain 1-1 Italia
Cesc Fabregas 64 Antonio D Natale 61

WHY THIS GAME WAS 1th GAME IN DAY
Usualy such games was lather on

I did not enjoy much this game, it was good, but more opening, more play off type game, this wasnt good, but still not bad at all
Italia didnt play typical italian , thay attack, but Italian attacks was great and Bolatelli is a blooper , such waste , but D natale did it and Spain come beck great way, in end Spain attack more, lil dangerose but Buffon or Italian defebnders and forvards read game well and typical italian style
1-1 was good result now depends frtom both, how thay deal whit outsiders
----

apos;'
[image]
10.06.2012 - 21:26
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by Angelic Storm on 10.06.2012 at 20:54

Spain 1 Italy 1

Probably the right result in the end. Italy probably were the better team for most of the match until Spain scored, after which, Spain had the Italians by the throat, and really should have won, but Torres fluffed two great chances that really he should have put away. Even during Spain's period of dominance though, Italy had two really good chances themselves to get a second goal. Italy certainly gave a better account of themselves than they did in the last world cup, that's for sure!

Really good match though. I loved the way Spain were playing in the 2nd half. They totally dominated. Torres just messed up two really simple chances.
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
10.06.2012 - 21:36
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Spirit Molecule on 10.06.2012 at 21:26
Really good match though. I loved the way Spain were playing in the 2nd half. They totally dominated. Torres just messed up two really simple chances.

Once Spain got the goal, they really took control of the game, and should have won. But the Italians still almost snuck a goal in themselves during that time.
10.06.2012 - 21:42
kesh
Account deleted
Written by [user id=115335] on 10.06.2012 at 19:06

I don't know if he is injured or dropped but there is no sign of Messi in their squad.
10.06.2012 - 21:57
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by Angelic Storm on 10.06.2012 at 21:36

Once Spain got the goal, they really took control of the game, and should have won. But the Italians still almost snuck a goal in themselves during that time.

Well Spain should have won. I think they played better. I wonder whats happening at Roland Garros.

Written by [user id=1843] on 10.06.2012 at 21:42

I don't know if he is injured or dropped but there is no sign of Messi in their squad.

Hmmm Argentina isn't in Europe. So there is no sign of Messi at all.
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
10.06.2012 - 22:02
kesh
Account deleted
Quote:
Written by [user id=1843] on 10.06.2012 at 21:42

Good news for Ireland then. Its started to rain, Ireland to win now 3-2, putting 10 pound in it.
10.06.2012 - 22:19
Snake? Snaaaake!
Account deleted
Written by Spirit Molecule on 10.06.2012 at 21:57

His point was that the Spain team has loads of barca players.
10.06.2012 - 22:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
No offside, Croatian goal was good, no offside, it was irish plöayer who gave a pass to croatian forvard who scoredm in this no offside, if it would be croat who gave a pass, 100% of side, we have such sitiation in WC 2006 OMO S Korea vs Suisse match
----

apos;'
[image]
10.06.2012 - 23:40
Snake? Snaaaake!
Account deleted
^

plöayer!
10.06.2012 - 23:50
InnerSelf
proofread free
Second half of Croatia vs. Ireland sucked ass, why I did waste 2 hours on this match :|
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.