08. El Gringo
09. Annihilation
10. Hail, Kill And Die!
11. The Kingdom Of Steel [bonus]

Featured in "Getting Into: Manowar"

Staff review by
ScreamingSteelUS
Rating:
Boy oh boy, did Manowar ever shoot themselves in the foot with this one. They had some of the best songs they had written in 20 years and they ruined what could have amounted to a decent comeback album with appalling production.

Read more ››
published 05.10.2013 | Comments (8)

Found in 13 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 57   Visited by: 995 users
16.06.2012 - 15:25
Rating: 6
Zender 1.8
Indestructible
16.06.2012 - 18:44
Void Eater
Account deleted
Average metal with loud farting underneath it.
17.06.2012 - 02:53
rpsgc
Written by Guest on 16.06.2012 at 18:44

All hail fart Metal?.

Manowar
1980- Heavy metal
1980- US Power metal
2012- Fart metal? in Surround Sound

Manowarriors... hand warriors... is that an euphemism for masturbation?
17.06.2012 - 04:00
Rating: 7
renai
Actually not bad, the first track is quite spiritful. and the vocals is still awesome.
----
hey...my blog >>> http://metalharem.blogspot.com/
17.06.2012 - 10:46
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
No matter what, they will keep playing like this. Any problem kids?
18.06.2012 - 01:16
jonatus1
The now-Manowar is the always-Manowar and not-Manowar at the same time.
Since Louder than Hell, they are making a crude Heavy Metal without what one would call the 'fussiness' of their previous albuns, namely, Kings of Metal and Triumph of Steel.
I like the late Manowar, but sometimes I really miss those fussy things, like when Eric Adams mess with the stereo vocals (some phrases on the left, some on the right - man, I think that's amazing!!!!)... In synthesis, I really miss when Manowar used to leave behind a bit of the True Metal thing to give way to a more Epic... Manowar.
Well, that's just my opinion... and this won't make me less proud of walking around with a Manowar t-shirt.
For me, Manowar will always be THE KINGS OF METAL!!!!!!!!!!!
18.06.2012 - 14:58
DrM
DreaMutilated
Stand and face the lord of steel!

Here I am, standing in bewilderment, as a band I once adored continue to release album after album with absolutely no distinction between one another. Hell, last year they even re-recorded their first album, and this one sounds like the previous 3 albums remastered and remixed to produce new stuff.

Maybe "the lord of steel" is a metaphor? "A Lord" - a man of statue with irrefutable status as a superior one, "of Steel" - one who cannot be swayed, i.e. we know what's best, we're going to do the same crap over and over and you're going to buy it! Maybe "Steel" is a metaphor for coins? Well, I doubt they're going to make much judging by the few songs I've heard in the shop.

No, I take it back. Though they are smart enough to make a living from their recycled trash, I highly doubt that they have the sufficient intelligence to come up with such metaphors.
18.06.2012 - 17:38
Rating: 10
Written by jonatus1 on 18.06.2012 at 01:16

Since Louder than Hell, they are making a crude Heavy Metal without what one would call the 'fussiness' of their previous albuns, namely, Kings of Metal and Triumph of Steel.
I like the late Manowar, but sometimes I really miss those fussy things, like when Eric Adams mess with the stereo vocals (some phrases on the left, some on the right - man, I think that's amazing!!!!)... In synthesis, I really miss when Manowar used to leave behind a bit of the True Metal thing to give way to a more Epic... Manowar.
Well, that's just my opinion... and this won't make me less proud of walking around with a Manowar t-shirt.

I agree with you.. it seems like they forgot about (or better when away from) the "epicness" but a good album non the less...
----
...SHADOWEDFIRE...
18.06.2012 - 22:47
Slayer666
"The Lord of Steel", what an absolutely predictable album title from these guys.
21.06.2012 - 00:33
Rating: 7
Ksabrs45
I bought this album with the expectation that Manowar had finally given up their style and was trying to move in a more progressive direction. I was shocked and appalled to learn that Manowar's latest album, in fact, heavily resembles their previous releases - to such an extent that it is stylistically indistinguishable! When is Manowar going to change and grow as a band?
21.06.2012 - 10:41
ManOwaR
Account deleted
Written by rpsgc on 17.06.2012 at 02:53

Written by Guest on 16.06.2012 at 18:44

All hail fart Metal?.

Manowar
1980- Heavy metal
1980- US Power metal
2012- Fart metal? in Surround Sound

Manowarriors... hand warriors... is that an euphemism for masturbation?

lmao !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
21.06.2012 - 14:43
Jamuflaknu
I don't think that it's a bad album, but it's certainly very disappointing. I hoped that Manowar would continue in the direction of Thunder in the Sky, but The Lord Of Steel sounds like a step in a very wrong direction. I mean some of the songs are actually quite good (I like especially Touch the sky) and the lyrics are often much better than what I'd expect from Manowar (especially Born in a grave and Righteous glory), but they are all missing something that would make them memorable. Personally I believe that the album is killed by the fact that Eric Adams doesn't have a chance to really shine. His voice is somehow always like in the background of the music, so that the entire thing sounds very generic and misses much of the characteristic power of Manowar songs.
22.06.2012 - 02:44
Baz Anderson
Staff
The whole thing is available to listen to on Youtube here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9cUpbdoCRQ

The bass sounds so so thick... I'm liking what I am hearing so far though - but it doesn't sound like it'll be any kind of classic.
22.06.2012 - 03:02
Baz Anderson
Staff
Ok, it's gone quite downhill now...
22.06.2012 - 03:06
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Baz Anderson on 22.06.2012 at 03:02

----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
22.06.2012 - 06:23
Void Eater
Account deleted
Ugh, I'm starting to like this album. It's so lazy, the songs probably took about half an our each to write, the production is weak and the bass sounds like loud farts... But it's all so mildly enjoyable in it's simplicity.
22.06.2012 - 13:10
Rating: 8
The Norseman
Could be a lot worst, i guess.
22.06.2012 - 16:17
Rating: 3
DelightfulJim
What the fuck is up with the bass in this album? Is it broken or something?
23.06.2012 - 10:50
Rating: 10
Great Album From The Great Band.
----
Hail And Kill
24.06.2012 - 20:03
Rulatore
Written by Baz Anderson on 22.06.2012 at 03:02

25.06.2012 - 04:58
When a king lowers himself to be called a lord, farts erupt!
26.06.2012 - 17:17
Rating: 5
Jeeers
Steel, metal, power, fight, immortal, DIE, etc!
Nothing ever changes in the world of Manowar. Lyrics are as good as always...
Don't they get bored with themselves?
03.07.2012 - 12:59
Peco-
Written by jonatus1 on 18.06.2012 at 01:16

05.07.2012 - 03:02
Stabby
Account deleted
I just enjoyed saying the title like Eric Adams. THE LOOORD OF STEEEEL!!!!! *flex*

I'm probably not going to listen to this under my own volition.
06.07.2012 - 04:15
Rating: 9
AXA
Love it ...old school album \../,
07.07.2012 - 05:21
Mattybu
Listened to the first track. It's alright - gotta be on board for some cheese to enjoy it at all though.

Edit: Checked out "El Gringo" too, really enjoyed that song. Just awesome
09.07.2012 - 05:43
infernaldeath87
Farts! Haha, so what they say is true!
11.07.2012 - 00:28
quirin
This is poor, at best. Worn-out themes, worst bass production ever (just unbelievable), stale riffs... Aside from some of the solos, it's another total letdown.
Fortunately this time I wasn't expecting much. But still more than this crap though. They should have retired 10 years ago.
12.07.2012 - 14:02
serega25
Steel of lord of power of metal of fire of warrior of hell of flame of victory of battle of king of god of hammer of world of war of fight of brother of spirit...??? Did I forget something?
15.07.2012 - 21:00
Kingface
Even as someone who really likes Manowar (like them enough to have see them live twice at least) I can't bring myself to give this Album anything higher than a 3. It's fucking awful. Seriously, it's like, embarrassing. Surely only the biggest fanboys will get any kind of enjoyment from this?

Hits total: 28078 | This month: 41