Metal Storm logo
Best Italian Metal Band

Original post

Posted by Zenzero, 13.11.2006 - 22:53
There are some good metal band in Italy, which is the best for you?? And why??
My favourite italian band are Secret Sphere!! I love them but I like other band like White Skull, Rhapdoy, Vision Divine, Sky Lark and other too!!
10.02.2007 - 11:42
alexo dynami
I would say Rhapsody of Fire and also Macbeth
then again i don't know that much of the italian metal scene. Can someone tell me how the metal scene is over there? I am going to the evolution festival this year everyone and plan to stay over there for a bit. It only seems to be Milan? Please can someone contact me
10.02.2007 - 14:22
Angelstorm
Account deleted
Opera IX and Aboryn for me. Can never forget the Serpent Nemesis for some reason. Always in my head when I think of Opera IX.
13.02.2007 - 03:39
lazarus
My favorite italian band is Evol, I like its lyrics and its way to play everything, its genre was atmospheric/medieval/folk/black metal, my favorite albums were Dreamquest and Portraits, I also enjoyed when I listened to them the beautiful voice of Suspiria and the interludiums that Evol had in its works
----
And sometimes I despair
At who I've become
I have to come to terms
With what I've done
13.02.2007 - 23:36
Zenzero
Zenzero
I dont' know why, but I've never listen to most of the bands you wrote!!!I'll listen them all one day!!
13.02.2007 - 23:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Zenzero on 13.02.2007 at 23:36

I dont' know why, but I've never listen to most of the bands you wrote!!!I'll listen them all one day!!

Hahhaha me too an di know one Italian band who comes from North Italy and who sings in German, but thay all are Italian, but forgot name
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.02.2007 - 00:05
hottercraft
The most known Italian band is Rhapsody, but there are some other great bands in Italy. My favourite bands from Italy are Elvenking, Evenfall and Dark Lunacy... but I also like Labyrinth...
14.02.2007 - 00:06
hottercraft
Yeah, DoomSword is another great band!! They make good Viking Metal... but it's a different Viking Metal
14.02.2007 - 00:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by hottercraft on 14.02.2007 at 00:06

Yeah, DoomSword is another great band!! They make good Viking Metal... but it's a different Viking Metal

Nop man its Traditional/Epic DOOM metal not viking
----

apos;'
[image]
14.02.2007 - 00:22
hottercraft
Written by Bad English on 14.02.2007 at 00:17

Yeah but... lyrics are about Vikings and all that things... so it's also Viking Metal in my opinion...
14.02.2007 - 00:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by hottercraft on 14.02.2007 at 00:22

Yeah but... lyrics are about Vikings and all that things... so it's also Viking Metal in my opinion...

Not lyrics ay what a genre are band, but music what thay play, Viking metal, its black/folk moustly but this is doom

It means that for example soem thrash band sings about sex its sex metal
----

apos;'
[image]
14.02.2007 - 02:58
Zenzero
Zenzero
Written by Bad English on 13.02.2007 at 23:38

Written by Zenzero on 13.02.2007 at 23:36

Hahhaha me too an di know one Italian band who comes from North Italy and who sings in German, but thay all are Italian, but forgot name

Never heard of them!!I'll search something in internet!!
15.02.2007 - 16:40
Cock_Spit
Account deleted
Infernal Angels are awesome! Hail Italy. They've got awesome bands. Rhapsody are ok, but that still

counts. 3rd Room, Graveworm, Theatres Des Vampires, Macbeth and Stormlord! All great bands.
15.02.2007 - 23:53
Major
Novembre
16.02.2007 - 04:28
WiCkED
Account deleted
Well, Rhapsody (Of Fire Of ...) is just too much lately for me. Liked them before but as time passes by, they aren't something special.
Last month i discovered one band that blown me away on first listening: Raintime. Guys are really good.
16.02.2007 - 12:52
alexo dynami
Written by [user id=20559] on 10.02.2007 at 14:22

Opera IX and Aboryn for me. Can never forget the Serpent Nemesis for some reason. Always in my head when I think of Opera IX.

I forgot Opera IX were from italy, I'll add them to my list.
16.02.2007 - 16:35
Angelstorm
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 14.02.2007 at 00:29

Not lyrics ay what a genre are band, but music what thay play, Viking metal, its black/folk moustly but this is doom

Actually I remember that Viking Metal is about the theme not the sound. But since they are an Italian band it is unlikely.
16.02.2007 - 19:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=20559] on 16.02.2007 at 16:35

Written by Bad English on 14.02.2007 at 00:29

Actually I remember that Viking Metal is about the theme not the sound. But since they are an Italian band it is unlikely.

Nope it traditional epic doom metal band like mix between Candlemass and Pagan Altar
----

apos;'
[image]
16.02.2007 - 19:50
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Written by lazarus on 13.02.2007 at 03:39

My favorite italian band is Evol, I like its lyrics and its way to play everything, its genre was atmospheric/medieval/folk/black metal, my favorite albums were Dreamquest and Portraits, I also enjoyed when I listened to them the beautiful voice of Suspiria and the interludiums that Evol had in its works

Hey! you're the first person I know that likes Evol, I love this band too, but I have to admit that I like only their instrumental songs, the only album I have is Dreamquest, my favorite songs are "Celephaïs" and "Sarkomand" great atmosphere!

In Italy there are many good metal bands, my favorite ones are: Rhapsody of Fire and Lacuna Coil. I also like Theatres Des Vampires, but only for their music.
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
17.02.2007 - 21:48
Torelli
This is a very tough choice for me as there are many good italian bands. But if I have to settle with one it probaly would be Soul takers. I guess I like the blending of classic music with metal that creates such a sombre and melancolic atmosphere, very beautiful. I highly recomend this band for you all that haven't heard of this band.

This links are some sound samples of the band and their offical video of their song 'tides'.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=120303195

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_gopVfLtCQ
22.02.2007 - 12:02
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Isn't Opera IX from Italy? (anyone tell me if not)
I like the bands work on symphony and melody. Vocals are great. Although I've listened to only one of their albums (anphisbena) I like the band a l;ot.
I also like Graveworm a lot; especially their music.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
22.02.2007 - 12:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Paganblood on 22.02.2007 at 12:02

I like the bands work on symphony and melody. Vocals are great. Although I've listened to only one of their albums (anphisbena) I like the band a l;ot.

yes thay are from Italy and band are in MS too
----

apos;'
[image]
22.02.2007 - 12:15
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
For me that would be DoomSword or Void Of Silence, an Italian band I really like at the moment.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
22.02.2007 - 12:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Lucas on 22.02.2007 at 12:15

For me that would be DoomSword or Void Of Silence, an Italian band I really like at the moment.

In the moment hahhah man try Pino Scotto new band FireTrails if you knwo Vanadium, its Italian Ozzy godfather in metal there so I like them in the moment but man hahah I like how you say 'in this moment' me to I love italain scene but bands changed after time
----

apos;'
[image]
22.02.2007 - 14:01
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
I'll go for Rhapsody (Of Fire), Elvenking and Graveworm
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
22.02.2007 - 16:58
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Written by Bad English on 22.02.2007 at 12:14

Written by Paganblood on 22.02.2007 at 12:02

yes thay are from Italy and band are in MS too

oh yes. How are their other albums? (other than anphisbena). Do you know?
----
that which shines without names and forms...
22.02.2007 - 21:35
Lupas
Maximus
Italy is most important in power metal field, well this is my opinion. I like to listen to Rhapsody of fire, Thy Majesty ,Macbeth , Lacuna Coil , Deradin .
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
22.02.2007 - 22:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Lupas on 22.02.2007 at 21:35

Italy is most important in power metal field, well this is my opinion. I like to listen to Rhapsody of fire, Thy Majesty ,Macbeth , Lacuna Coil , Deradin .

Hahha mnan in midel of 90ties there was bands so many power bands and once i post names, witch tread forgot

But also doom, gothic and black are italian genres

@pagan all albums are good
----

apos;'
[image]
22.02.2007 - 23:12
Ernis
狼獾
I'd point out Elvenking, which is a brilliant start in Italian sky....and then I like Macbeth and Mandragora Scream. For me these bands, especially the latter...are very original, very fine....very powerful....
24.03.2007 - 14:03
Anathemani@c
I think the title goes to Serenades and Novembre(I cant actually remember if they are Italians or not, do they?)
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
24.03.2007 - 18:00
baldur
was elvenking already mentioned??? i think that band is the best one from italy!!