Metal Storm logo
Abigor V.S. Dissection(To be cosmic or not?)

Poll

Who do you prefer & why?

Dissection
Abigor

Total votes: 13
14.11.2006 - 20:51
ASiema113
Both of these bands if you didn't already know are black metal bands but Abigor's songs contain lyrics which include the Cosmic aspect where as Dissection cleary states their music to be Anti-Cosmic Metal Of Death. Who do you think is better? You decide.
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
15.11.2006 - 07:04
Eternal Flames
I prefer Dissection. They've been a favourite of mine for quite some time now and are in my opinion one of the better Black/Death Metal bands. The Somberlain and Storm Of The Light's Bane two of my favourite albums. They are nothing short of masterpieces. I haven't heard Rheinkaos yet, so I'm entirely basing this comparison and argument on Dissection's earlier stuff.

Abigor have got some really great stuff too no doubt about that. I personally just prefer the works of Dissection. I'll have to pick up Rheinkaos though to judge on the bands' newer stuff too.
15.11.2006 - 12:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I cant choos ebecause bouth bands are good and I like bouth

Abigor - Maybe I vote for this becaude I like better lyrics of them, thay are deeper, more based to history and medieval times and band are from Austria

Disection - well I like early albums before Jon was sentenced and its not like black metal in Abigor case, but still band are great and I realy love album covers
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.07.2007 - 20:18
Infurnace
I choose for Dissection, because their early albums are classic. Dissection have always been one of my favorite Black Metal bands.
27.07.2007 - 01:57
APOHAKC
The Bard
I voted for Abigor. First of all, the simple reason, I enjoy them much more than Dissection. First Dissection's album was fantastic, and their live is awesome, but that is only things they have dona and I like. They got much more attention with idiotic things some of them have done, while Abigor have big discography, of great albums. I enjoy everything they have done, and simply, like their style.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
27.07.2007 - 10:48
Sunioj
Written by APOHAKC on 27.07.2007 at 01:57

I voted for Abigor. First of all, the simple reason, I enjoy them much more than Dissection. First Dissection's album was fantastic, and their live is awesome, but that is only things they have dona and I like. They got much more attention with idiotic things some of them have done, while Abigor have big discography, of great albums. I enjoy everything they have done, and simply, like their style.

You are right about that, even though I think that Storm of the Lights Bane and The Somberlain are amazing albums, Abigor has alot more material which in a way gives me more respect for Abigor.
27.07.2007 - 15:20
Infurnace
Okay, I have to agree on that. Abigor has a lot more material. But still, Storm Of The Lights Bane and The Somberlain will always be classics. Those two releases are hard to beat.
29.07.2007 - 11:19
ASiema113
It has been quite some time since I have visited this thread, good to know there is still some interest among the site. Anyways I voted for Dissection(b/c its what all the cool kids are doing )no but I really feel that Dissections works were more memorable and I have been more inspired by the material of Dissection then Abigor. Although there is nothing listening to the Nachtaymen/Orkblut album in the cold winter nights....
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
29.07.2007 - 12:38
Sunioj
Dissection has influenced me more thats for sure...especially since Ive been listening to them for a much longer time...only the first two albums though.
20.12.2012 - 00:30
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I definitely prefer Dissection, Storm of the Light's Bane is one of my favorite albums of all time, and I love their incorporation of melodic and acoustic elements into their great black/death styled brand of metal.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).