Metal Storm logo
Wu Tang Clan

Original post

Posted by Arian Totalis, 15.11.2006 - 03:46
"From the Slums of Shaolin, Wu Tang clan strikes again. The RZA, The GZA, Inspectah Deck, U-God, Ghostface Killah, Raekwon the Chef, Ol' Dirty Bastard, and the M-E-T-H-O-D Man." Heh, in the origional take for that song, Masta Killa wasn't yet an official member.

Nine MC's who came together and united for the purouse of taking the hip hop world by storm, thus forming the first hip hop dynasty. With lyrical content covering subjects such as Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Taoism, Martial Arts, Drugs, Money, and Guns, they are amongst the most talented and diverse rap groups of all time. Every member is unique and is an amazing solo artist. Behold, it is the thread of Shaolin, taking you into the depth of the slums of Park Hill and Stapleton projects. This is, The Wu Tang Clan.
20.02.2010 - 18:32
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Elio on 20.02.2010 at 18:18

Written by Arian Totalis on 20.02.2010 at 18:13

Written by Elio on 20.02.2010 at 18:08

Written by Arian Totalis on 20.02.2010 at 18:01

Written by Elio on 20.02.2010 at 11:07

Man is Protect Ya Neck like the best song ever?

Or Mystery of Chessboxin. I don't know whose verse is sicker, Ghost or Masta Killa.

Man I'm so into hip hop these days, what are some of the best album by Wu Tang members? (apart from Tical by Method Man and Liquid Swords by GZA which I already know)

Raekwon's "Only Built for Cuban Linx" is a must, Especially the songs "Ice Water" and "Wu Gambinos" but the whole album is epic. Ghostface Killa's "Supreme Clientele" and "Iron Man" are two more classics. U-God's "Golden Arms Redemption", Inspectah Deck's "Resident Patient" and O' Dirty Bastard's "Reterun to the 36 chambers" Are all also worth owning or at least listening to the shit out of.

Owning? I'd gladly would if the stores in my city weren't so fucking lame ok thanks, I guess I will check em all sooner or later, Raekwon maybe has the priority, being maybe my favourite rapper in the lot.

Haha lol. There's CD shop in my town that is pretty good for metal, and I'm cool with the owners, but I remember when I ordered Wu Tang forever from their store they were like "Why are you listenin to this bullshit?" XD
Yeah of all those albums I would say Cuban Linx and Supremem Clientele are the most worth your while. imo Supreme Clientele might even be just a lil bit better, but then again I also say that because Ghostface is my favorite killa bee..
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
08.03.2010 - 09:57
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
IF YOU WANT BEEF THEN BRING THE RUCKUS, WU TANG CLAN AINT NUTHIN TO FUCK WIT.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
09.03.2010 - 02:53
Mushieknot
Lol Method Man....N 2 Gether Now ....
XD
----
Yea, I do like Nu Metal.
29.06.2011 - 09:58
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Elio on 19.06.2009 at 12:10

36 Chambers is still in my "Albums to hear asap" list. I hope to hear it soon and I'll let you know. I'm not a big hip-hop fan but some shit is enjoyable.

oh man... I remember this post.

can't believe I'm gonna watch them niggas live next week shame RZA won't be present for sure and maybe a couple of others aswell :/
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
10.07.2011 - 11:46
Elio
Red Nightmare

SHIT. WAS. INSANE.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
11.07.2011 - 06:05
Death To Posers
Hate Thy King
----
The word gen means "illusion" or "apparition." In India, a man who uses conjury is called a genjutsushi ["a master of illusion technique"]. Everything in this world is but a marionette show. Thus we use the word gen.
11.07.2011 - 06:08
Death To Posers
Hate Thy King

Wu-Tang was my favorite rap group in middle school and early highschool. will post my fav song by each member eventually.
----
The word gen means "illusion" or "apparition." In India, a man who uses conjury is called a genjutsushi ["a master of illusion technique"]. Everything in this world is but a marionette show. Thus we use the word gen.
11.07.2011 - 20:21
Death To Posers
Hate Thy King
----
11.07.2011 - 20:25
Death To Posers
Hate Thy King

hard to pick one of this album
----
28.09.2011 - 00:04
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Yeah frankly My favorite tracks from Liquid Swords are Shadowboxin and 4th chamber. But I agree it's hard to pick a favorite. Duel of The Iron Mic, the title track, labels, gold, all killer tracks.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

09.11.2011 - 08:50
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
I've seen the Wu Tang live, and have seen various members live as well. The first time i saw the whole Clan live was last year at the Rock The Bells hip hop festival. It was super sick because all the Clan was there along with ODB's first born son, who is a spitting image of ODB himself (R.I.P.). I saw Masta Killa and GZA at Rock The Bells this year, but it was nowhere near as good (they weren't bad, just not as good as having everyone else there). The only gripe that I have with seeing the whole Clan back together was at certain points during their set, it sounded like one gigantic, sorta off time sing along. But other than that, I'll remember it til either the Alzheimer's kicks in or i die. or something.

Oh and there's a really bitchin mash up CD of the Wu mixed with Beatles songs. If anyone is interested, message me and I'll send you the download link.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
10.11.2011 - 00:00
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by LeChron James on 09.11.2011 at 08:50

I've seen the Wu Tang live, and have seen various members live as well. The first time i saw the whole Clan live was last year at the Rock The Bells hip hop festival. It was super sick because all the Clan was there along with ODB's first born son, who is a spitting image of ODB himself (R.I.P.). I saw Masta Killa and GZA at Rock The Bells this year, but it was nowhere near as good (they weren't bad, just not as good as having everyone else there). The only gripe that I have with seeing the whole Clan back together was at certain points during their set, it sounded like one gigantic, sorta off time sing along. But other than that, I'll remember it til either the Alzheimer's kicks in or i die. or something.

Oh and there's a really bitchin mash up CD of the Wu mixed with Beatles songs. If anyone is interested, message me and I'll send you the download link.

Yeah I really wanted to see them at rock the bells but that show is really far away from me. I wouldn't mind hearing that Mashup album though.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

11.11.2011 - 21:38
Elio
Red Nightmare
Aaaahhhh the memories of that night!!

I constantly wear proudly my Wu t-shirt even if it is short-sleeved and it's winter
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
13.11.2011 - 06:45
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Elio on 11.11.2011 at 21:38

Aaaahhhh the memories of that night!!

I constantly wear proudly my Wu t-shirt even if it is short-sleeved and it's winter

Dude that takes me back to like 14. I remember this was one of the first hip hop songs I ever really got into and it was that video version exactly. For like a year I thought they were the same song XD.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

13.11.2011 - 06:46
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_JhD0HUGYQ

Supreme Clientele is an album any Wu fan must own.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko