Metal Storm logo
Enslaved - New Album Tracklist Revealed

We are beginning to know more about Enslaved's new album bit by bit. Now the Norwegian metallers have revealed Riitiir's tracklist. Riitiir, which will be their twelfth studio album, is due out in Europe on September 28th and in North America on October 9th through Nuclear Blast.

Enslaved guitarist, songwriter, and founding member Ivar Bjørnson shared: "It has been only two years since we last released an album [2010's award-winning Axioma Ethica Odini], and we've been touring Europe and North America several times since then. Some might think that this schedule, and the fact that we celebrated our 20th anniversary last year, should result in some time off in the end. Nah. Like a space vessel that gains momentum by entering slingshot-orbits on its way through space, we seem to gain speed, direction, and strength on our journeys, through new releases and subsequent tours."

"Describing the sound on the new album is both easy and hard. It is easy because it sounds like Enslaved, whatever that means. It is hard because there are so many layers and different focal points. I have a feeling that it has a deeper complexity than our previous efforts, but at the same time, I do find it more catchy and moving. Then again, I am the opposite of objective in this, so again I'll leave it up to the people outside the band to make up their mind."

Riitiir tracklist for European and North American digipak:

01. Thoughts Like Hammers
02. Death In The Eyes Of Dawn
03. Veilburner
04. Roots Of The Mountain
05. Riitiir
06. Materal
07. Storm Of Memories
08. Forsaken

Riitiir tracklist 2-LP double-gatefold:

Side A:
01. Thoughts Like Hammers
02. Death In The Eyes Of Dawn

Side B:
01. Veilburner
02. Roots Of The Mountain

Side C:
01. Riitiir
02. Materal

Side D:
01. Storm Of Memories
02. Forsaken

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Enslaved
Posted: 21.07.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 135 users
21.07.2012 - 19:08
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Another tree-themed album art. Much better than Gojira's though
----
loves 小巫
21.07.2012 - 20:31
rodion-z
Wait, it's a double disk LP?
21.07.2012 - 22:25
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by rodion-z on 21.07.2012 at 20:31

Wait, it's a double disk LP?

Only if you buy the double disk LP.

8 songs? I smell even more prog.
21.07.2012 - 22:38
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by Unhealer on 21.07.2012 at 22:25

8 songs? I smell even more prog.

I'm not sure, prog albums need to have intro tracks, outro tracks, interludes with the sound of someone breathing, birds chirping, a pretentious monologue about the state of the human collective unconscious...

21.07.2012 - 22:54
strade
The titles are just too cool. Veilburner? Death in the Eyes of Dawn?! I smell a masterpiece.
----
My lo-fi synth project: http://luciddreamer.bandcamp.com
21.07.2012 - 23:24
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Introspekrieg on 21.07.2012 at 22:38

I'm not sure, prog albums need to have intro tracks, outro tracks, interludes with the sound of someone breathing, birds chirping, a pretentious monologue about the state of the human collective unconscious...

Nothing says this album won't be like that . For what we know, track 1, 4 and 8 could be 1 minute each and the rest 10 minute each. And a yodeling solo in track 6.
I was hoping they recorded the cover of 'Immigrant Song' they play live.
21.07.2012 - 23:56
GoldenGod2112
Haha I love prog. But it's not always supposed to sound just like Yes.
23.07.2012 - 08:45
Grody2themax
Quote:

Then again, I am the opposite of objective in this, so again I'll leave it up to the people outside the band to make up their mind.

You know its gonna be a shit album when the band claims every new album is their best work just to sell records. (I'm not saying Enslaved claimed this btw) I'm glad the dude knows hes not very objective in this, because this probably means the band was probably very into writing the music!! I don't know what to expect, but I think at the least it will be very good. Cool names + good album artwork often give me a positive bias towards the music anyways.
24.07.2012 - 01:16
@gent_-_orange
Maybe its me being a fanboy but I don't really see how Enslaved can suddenly drop the ball on this one, I think this is going to be a good release.

Hits total: 3641 | This month: 9