Metal Storm logo
Elvenking - New Lyric Video Streaming Online

"Poor Little Baroness", the brand-new lyric video from Italian power folk metal band Elvenking is now available for streaming below.

"Poor Little Baroness" is off the band's new upcoming album Era, scheduled for release on September 14th in Europe via AFM Records. More album details were previously reported here.

Era Tracklist:

01. The Loser
02. I Am The Monster
03. Midnight Skies, Winter Sighs
04. A Song For The People
05. Animals
06. Through Wolf's Eyes
07. Walking Dead
08. Forget-Me-Not
09. Poor Little Baroness
10. The Time Of Your Life
11. Chronicle Of A Frozen Era
12. Ophale

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Elvenking
Posted: 01.08.2012 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 73 users
01.08.2012 - 20:36
Yugosaki

Not good
----
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaEBpRWr2IA
01.08.2012 - 21:55
Stabby
Account deleted
Pros:

Not wearing emo clothes...
Nice folk melodies
Artwork is good as usual

Cons:

Chorus sounds forced, like Elvenking on autopilot
It's not all that epic (cheesy EK is okay but it needs to be more epic if it's going to be cheesy)

Neutral:

Damna's belting voice sounds more raspy. He sounds like he's in pain. I wonder if that's a unique thematic performance or that's what his voice is going to sound like throughout the album. If the former, then that's nice, if the latter then that's not good.

This song is kind of meh. But if you'll recall for their last two albums with singles, the singles were a bit worrying but they weren't a reflection of the whole album.
01.08.2012 - 22:31
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Guest on 01.08.2012 at 21:55

Pros:

But Damna's still using the eye-liner...

The folk melodies are nice indeed but this song still sounds like a filler for my ears. I've completely missed their previous work. Scythe wasn't good but the acoustic album was wonderful. I hope the new one is going to be a pleasant surprise as well.
02.08.2012 - 01:12
Stabby
Account deleted
Written by Ernis on 01.08.2012 at 22:31

Written by Guest on 01.08.2012 at 21:55

Pros:

But Damna's still using the eye-liner...

The folk melodies are nice indeed but this song still sounds like a filler for my ears. I've completely missed their previous work. Scythe wasn't good but the acoustic album was wonderful. I hope the new one is going to be a pleasant surprise as well.

Ah yeah I see that now.

Their last one was good in my opinion. It had fast, heavy and catchy songs and just sounded good to me, although the first single was kind of light and poppy. The Scythe had its moments, and I agree that it wasn't all that great, but you wouldn't be able to tell from The Divided Heart that there would be some heavy stuff on it. So that's why EK fans should keep their hopes up.
02.08.2012 - 02:28
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Guest on 02.08.2012 at 01:12

Their last one was good in my opinion. It had fast, heavy and catchy songs and just sounded good to me, although the first single was kind of light and poppy. The Scythe had its moments, and I agree that it wasn't all that great, but you wouldn't be able to tell from The Divided Heart that there would be some heavy stuff on it. So that's why EK fans should keep their hopes up.

All in all, I always preferred Kleid as a singer. He just had a stronger and more masculine voice while Damna can sound whiney at times. Too bad that the band Future Is Tomorrow, which Kleid joined after leaving Elvenking, seems to be so obscure that finding their songs is a challenge. Then again, given the fact he's a gym trainer now, I'm not even sure he's singing for any band at all these days...
02.08.2012 - 07:17
rafroes

This song is in the line of Red Silent Tides, more power than folk
02.08.2012 - 12:36
Sentenced Odiin
gothic.moorion@gmail.com
Elvenking at its best imo
----
Life has given me much, maybe taken more...
02.08.2012 - 22:04
treptolemus
aphotic_zoning
Good promotion clip.
----
\m/etalstor\m/
14.09.2012 - 01:15
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by Sentenced Odiin on 02.08.2012 at 12:36

Elvenking at its best imo

At their best?!?!?

The Vox are terrible.The production amateur. The songwriting watered-down.
This is nothing compared to their past releases.
----
pewpew.. gotcha

Hits total: 2695 | This month: 3