Metal Storm logo
Old school thrash in the 20th century

Poll

Which thrash band has had the best musical output this century so far?

Sodom
Overkill
Exodus
Kreator
Testament
Slayer
Anthrax
Destruction
Megadeth

Total votes: 25
11.08.2012 - 12:25
Void Eater
Account deleted
Really wish that I could have had an option for "other", but I think I got all the major bands covered. Basically, with most of the old thrash bands picking up their old style in recent years, which one does Metalstorm consider to have the overall best output of these recent years? Ignore all of the classic albums that they released, just focus on the newer albums. If your choice is a band that I didn't mention, then post what band it is.
11.08.2012 - 13:11
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Elite
Don't you mean 21st century? Or do you mean which of these bands which were started in the 20th century still put out some consistent material? In any case its Overkill for me.
11.08.2012 - 13:50
Void Eater
Account deleted
Written by R'Vannith on 11.08.2012 at 13:11

Don't you mean 21st century? Or do you mean which of these bands which were started in the 20th century still put out some consistent material? In any case its Overkill for me.

Yeah, I meant 21st. Oops.
11.08.2012 - 14:33
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Clearly Exodus becaus eof Tempo Of The Damned, which is a better album than all the rest of the others put together. An Death Angel comes in second due to The Art Of Dying
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.08.2012 - 18:51
BanksD
Account deleted
Voted for Sodom. Imo they've only been getting better and better since Code Red. Though pretty much all the other bands on this list have had amazing out puts since 2000
16.08.2012 - 02:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hard to choose, I like all bands in early 90's all in mid 90äs sucked, but seems all slowly came beck to old sound, 1th step some hits some old school thrash songs, leither albums
From list Mega, Overkill and Testament is better for my ears ,
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.08.2012 - 23:16
Olli
Exodus first, been awesome since they regrouped. Then Death Angel, followed by Overkill and then annihilator. Quite liked Katorz by Voivod but it's not as trashy as their older stuff
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
23.08.2012 - 05:14
blacktooth85
I went with Kreator. "Violent Revolution" and "Enemy of God" are two of their best albums. Along with "Phantom Antichrist" being one of the best albums of the year. Haven't really heard much from "Hordes of Chaos" though. From what i heard it sounds solid... Exodus would have been my second choice. "Tempo" is one of the best albums of this century... I love Testament too but they've only put out 2 albums this century. "Dark Roots" didn't really hit me like "Formation" did.
23.08.2012 - 22:00
Angelic Storm
Melodious
My vote goes to Sodom. "Tempo Of The Damned" is the best album by any thrash band since the turn of the century, but since that album, Exodus have been very inconsistent. All 3 of Sodom's studio albums since 2000 have been very good. All of the other bands named have released at least one high quality album since 2000, but Sodom have definitely been the most consistent.
05.09.2012 - 03:56
Freaktard
This is between Exodus and Overkill for me. Electric Age and Ironbound are some of the best thrash albums ever, never mind the 21st century, but between Tempo and Exhibit B, I can't quite decide.