Metal Storm logo
User profile new look

19.05.2006 - 08:07
eleftheria
Account deleted
The new user profiles doesn't look good on a single detail - all information on the right side appears to close to each other. Not such a great thing, just annoys me and makes me dizzy sometimes.
19.05.2006 - 10:32
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
You're right. It should be slightly better now.
20.05.2006 - 05:55
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Ahh yes, that does look better Just one more quick thing, I hate to sound like a whinger, but do you think you'd be able to put a <p> between our favourite bands list and favourite albums? Instead of just right below? That would be cool if you could
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
20.05.2006 - 20:22
fire101
Account deleted
Why would you wanna do that? Im confused....
20.05.2006 - 20:29
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
I was wondering whether stats will be back in profiles or not, you know stuff like "Average letters per post", or percents of posts in the different forums...
----
I wish I had a mental survival kit...
20.05.2006 - 20:37
__Az__
Yeh, they were really useful.... As was the names of fans on band pages... Will that function be back>?
21.05.2006 - 06:28
KryptoN
imperceptible
Currently you can't see the where someone comes from in their profile page. I would find it useful to have that information in the profiles too, so one wouldn't have to visit some of the threads that certain user has posted in to see where (s)he's from.
21.05.2006 - 10:05
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Written by Guest on 20.05.2006 at 20:22

Well, to begin with it was all together, now it's spaced apart and it looks better, but the favourite bands and favourite everything else are still together. I just thought it would be a bit better if there was a paragraph space between favourite bands and favourite album. (And maybe one between email and fav bands). Then have favourite album, song and movies all together. So it would look like this:

----------------------------------------------------------
Date registered:
Last seen online:

Languages:
Instruments:

E-mail:

Favorite bands:

Favorite album:
Favorite song:
Favorite movies:

Personal text:

Instead of having this:

E-mail:
Favorite bands:
Favorite album:
Favorite song:
Favorite movies:
----
- Bruce Dickinson

21.05.2006 - 11:31
Laevos
Account deleted
A thing that I didn't understand was why they removed the users' graduation, such as 'beastmaster' or 'newbie'... I think that that was really joyful.
21.05.2006 - 11:33
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
Written by Guest on 21.05.2006 at 11:31

A thing that I didn't understand was why they removed the users' graduation, such as 'beastmaster' or 'newbie'... I think that that was really joyful.

I think it was rather useless.
21.05.2006 - 13:08
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Written by Ivan on 21.05.2006 at 11:33

Written by Guest on 21.05.2006 at 11:31

I think it was rather useless.

Lol, yeah, but they were fun And it was cool moving up ranks and stuff, even if they didn't really mean anything, lol. And I think they were important for members who were Admistrator, Moderator, Staff or Elite.
----
- Bruce Dickinson

21.05.2006 - 15:58
Syk
myspace/bonerama
I think it's weird you'd rather have bands separated from songs/albums than those from movies... I also think I agree with Ivan re: the post ranks. Custom ranks are still nice *wants one*

Hmm, Ivan, any chance of increasing the char limit for fav bands, like above 500?
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
22.05.2006 - 01:46
__Az__
I think we have more than enough space for favourite bands... The 'graduation' icons etc were pretty uselss...
22.05.2006 - 04:25
fire101
Account deleted
Written by Raiden on 21.05.2006 at 10:05

Written by Guest on 20.05.2006 at 20:22

Well, to begin with it was all together, now it's spaced apart and it looks better, but the favourite bands and favourite everything else are still together. I just thought it would be a bit better if there was a paragraph space between favourite bands and favourite album. (And maybe one between email and fav bands). Then have favourite album, song and movies all together. So it would look like this:

Date registered:
Last seen online:

Languages:
Instruments:

E-mail:

Favorite bands:

Favorite album:
Favorite song:
Favorite movies:

Personal text:

Instead of having this:

E-mail:
Favorite bands:
Favorite album:
Favorite song:
Favorite movies:

I meant put the <p> between bands. Yeah, I understand why you wanted the profiles to be cleaned up. Thanks for bringing that up.
22.05.2006 - 07:10
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Written by Syk on 21.05.2006 at 15:58

I think it's weird you'd rather have bands separated from songs/albums than those from movies... I also think I agree with Ivan re: the post ranks. Custom ranks are still nice *wants one*

Hmm, Ivan, any chance of increasing the char limit for fav bands, like above 500?

Do you really think that that would be a good thing? The favourite bands list has already been increased by a couple of hundred characters. We can now fit quite a few more bands than in MSv2. We'd end up with an absolutely huge list of bands. It's only really an indication, you don't have to list every single band you like or know. Plus, if you really want to, you can make a seperate list of bands in your personal text section.

@fire101: Yeah, it just looks easier to read, and visually more pleasing. I noticed that you did change it to add the space, Ivan, so I thank you very much for doing that.
----
- Bruce Dickinson

22.05.2006 - 09:53
Syk
myspace/bonerama
...which is already using max allowed characters. I'm greedy, whatcha gonna do

My thinking is just, people would be able to put more info about themselves into personal text if they had somewhere else to put all their fav bands. Not "all" literally, but I've seen some listing 30ish bands... which should easily fit into 700ish characters. It just doesn't seem like much of a hindrance to me to change the char limit, or that having the extra characters would hinder the server. I don't know much about coding or servers though so I could be wrong; if that's the case I won't mind the current limits.
----

22.05.2006 - 13:02
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Oh yeah, looking at your profile you seem to have used your fair quota of characters! I think that the favourite bands is only really for you VERY favourite inner selection of bands. If someone looks at your profile, they can get a fair idea of what styles/bands that you like. If there are lots and lots of bands there, it's not as appealing to trawl through heaps of bands. Maybe you should be listening to more bands that have shorter names!
----
- Bruce Dickinson

22.05.2006 - 20:47
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Sekhmet on 20.05.2006 at 20:29

I was wondering whether stats will be back in profiles or not, you know stuff like "Average letters per post", or percents of posts in the different forums...

Yeah miss those to. Always funny to where people used their time and energy.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
23.05.2006 - 17:26
Syk
myspace/bonerama
I just noticed, sex is missing from all the profiles?
----

23.05.2006 - 18:43
__Az__
I like the way you have moved the logon and settings section more into the corner of the page... Looks better...
23.05.2006 - 19:03
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
Written by Syk on 23.05.2006 at 17:26

I just noticed, sex is missing from all the profiles?

You're right. Gotta fix it,
24.05.2006 - 06:44
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Ivan, I see that it makes a link to a thread we create, but not to an article we write. Example: On mine it links to my topic, but not to my aritcle. It shows that I have written one, but no link. Is that on purpose, or just something that needs to be fixed?
----
(space for rent)
24.05.2006 - 14:26
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
Written by Dane Train on 24.05.2006 at 06:44

Ivan, I see that it makes a link to a thread we create, but not to an article we write. Example: On mine it links to my topic, but not to my aritcle. It shows that I have written one, but no link. Is that on purpose, or just something that needs to be fixed?

Just another thing I have to fix. All stats (except community points) should have links, actually.
24.05.2006 - 17:13
__Az__
The same problem is with the number of news posted.... It would be really helpful to get that linked also...
25.05.2006 - 02:14
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
The news posted never had a link to anywhere even on MSv2 so I don't know if you'll get your wish there, __Az__
----
- Bruce Dickinson

01.06.2006 - 22:46
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I like very much the way that profiles look, but something's missing: the percentage of participation on the different sections of the forum, like on the last version on MS
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
08.06.2006 - 06:24
Wolfy
Account deleted
The hall page concept is rather weird, i think i simple destroy all and rebuild function would have worked...my opinion.
08.06.2006 - 11:30
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
Written by Guest on 08.06.2006 at 06:24

The hall page concept is rather weird, i think i simple destroy all and rebuild function would have worked...my opinion.

I'm sorry, but I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about...
08.06.2006 - 14:32
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Guest on 08.06.2006 at 06:24

Wu-wa-wo-what?

@The Alchemist, ajh well, I don't really miss it. When someone only has Extreme bands in his favorite list, you can guess where he posts..
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
08.06.2006 - 17:59
Nightmare^
I think that the new user-profiles are better and more usefull....i like them
----