‹‹ Back to the General metal forum Pages: 1 [2]
Users visited: 111  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Nesrail on 04.12.2012 at 22:02
I saw this good question in one of my metal magazines, "What record do you put on if you are trying to sleep?".
My own would be Nortt's Galgenfrist or Dark Sanctuary's Exaudi Vocem Meam (Part I) . I also like Storm Corrosion's debut album.

What record do you put on?

Page 2 of 2

theFIST

27.12.2012 at 02:39
Vociferian - Beredsamkeit
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album".
Sulac

27.12.2012 at 08:06
Arcane Rain Fell. I just can't stay awake when I listen to it. It's such a good album, I just can't not fall asleep. I never listen to while driving, out of fear of dying horribly.
Jaeryd
Desert Mouse

27.12.2012 at 12:26
Written by Sulac on 27.12.2012 at 08:06

Arcane Rain Fell. I just can't stay awake when I listen to it. It's such a good album, I just can't not fall asleep. I never listen to while driving, out of fear of dying horribly.

At first I read that as "can not fall asleep." I was about to make a comment on you contradicting yourself, until I noticed the intentional double-negative of "can't not." I almost made a dumb mistake.

As for me personally, I think the title track of Storm Corrosion is beautiful and relaxing, so that helps. If not that, then Mozart's Requiem does the trick.
----
"It is not your sin—it is your self-satisfaction that crieth unto heaven; your very sparingness in sin crieth unto heaven!

Where is the lightning to lick you with its tongue? Where is the frenzy with which ye should be inoculated?"

FourMechALYX

01.01.2013 at 00:38
Maybe Iron Maiden, Stranger in a Strange Land. Its not really slow and definitely not boring, but it is very melodic and that bass galloping could be thought of as rather lulling if you're tired enough.
Once I was extremely tired, it was like two or three in the morning and I just Could Not sleep, so I tried all of the slow, melodic or sleepy things I could think of and nothing worked so I was like f-this, and put on Rust in Peace by Megadeth, and fell asleep prettydarn fast.... so go figure that one out.
----
"Well, looks like the country is stuck between a Kerry King wristband and a hard place..."

"Cool story bro, tell it to Reader's Digest."
squidrick420

21.01.2013 at 03:56
One of Burzum's ambient albums. They send me into a trance.
skrog1

10.03.2013 at 00:48
I've been getting into conspiracy theory talk radio a lot lately. For me, the best thing to fall asleep to, other than silence or rain, would be William Milton Cooper. If you haven't listened to this guy, do yourself a favor and start. He only did radio broadcast for about a decade before the federal gov't assassinated him.
----
LIKE THE OFFICIAL SKROG FACEBOOK PAGE TODAY!!!!

http://facebook.com/Skrogband

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 [2]

Login or register to post here.