Metal Storm logo
Guitar thread!

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 19.05.2006 - 12:21
Hey, the last guitar thread disapeared so i think it was a good idea to start a new one. Discuss everything you feel involves guitars/guitar playing here. You can ask for tips and exercises and so on.

Shred on!
05.12.2006 - 22:05
Soliloquy
humm, i'm not familiar of the band, but i'll check it out...but only after exams. i have a 'guitaring' problem(as suppose to drinking/smoking). i can easily play about 6 hours on the guitar without doing anything else...yet i can only spend about 2 hours studying. and i really need to study now a days coz i got exams. i'll check that song out after the 15th of december
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
08.12.2006 - 16:07
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
Hey guys does anybody know about Yamaha Guitars? (good, bad)
I'm thinking of getting one (I've found a good one)
so what do you guys think?????????
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
08.12.2006 - 20:19
Soliloquy
yamaha...umm...well, i havent really had any decent experiences with them. but a lot of my beginer gutiar friends love yamaha's. they say they are really easy to play, really light, and they are really flexible. some can come with 24 frets, others can come with floyd rose bridges. and they have tons and tons of variations.

but yeah, my honest opinion is 'no yamaha's'. besides, if i am really going for a yamaha, i might as well build myself a guitar. they would end up costing the same. umm...hold on

i suggest you talk to WarriorOfMetal. he knows shit load on guitars.
----

-Zakk Wylde
08.12.2006 - 22:46
Deathwyrm
The only Yamaha guitar I have is a 12-string acoustic.

It's actually a lot better than I expected. I tried out every 12-string in the shop before settling on it. Still pretty damn good. I felt it was very worth my money.
18.12.2006 - 16:37
Soliloquy
sweeping is strange. if you do it long enough in a single sitting, you can actually feel yourself getting faster and faster. last night i spend about 4 hours just sweeping to and for...

not that i can do arpegios. unless, i can, and not know it. i think arpegios are you playing chords while sweeping

the only form of sweeps i can do are just basic stuff like:

--------------12-13-12--------------------11-10-11--13-------------------
-----------13-----------13--------------12---------------12----------------
--------14-----------------14--------13----------------------14------------
-----15-----------------------15--14----------------------------15---------
------------------------------------------------------------------------16/-\
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so, it just goes up by one fret, and one finder at a time.

anyone else you can sweep, can you recommend me some other stuff so i wont just be using the same finger pattern. like in the tab i have above, i just use the pinky on the 15th fret, then ring on the 14th. middle on 13th. index on 12th. and then middle on the High E on 13th, and then back to the 15th with pinky.
----

-Zakk Wylde
15.01.2007 - 22:04
drum fiend
Account deleted
Written by iMPERiAL_iCE on 08.12.2006 at 16:07

Hey guys does anybody know about Yamaha Guitars? (good, bad)
I'm thinking of getting one (I've found a good one)
so what do you guys think?????????

I dont own a Yamaha Guitar but I have played one. From when I played it I thought it was pretty nice. You should try out a Washburn Idol or a Schecter Diamond Series, they are pretty nice guitars.
11.02.2007 - 18:48
Soliloquy
i dont see the point of making another thread for pickups, so i'll just post it here...

just wondering, whats the difference in sound between active and passive pickups?

and, recommend me some good humbuckers. i want good sustain on my lead pickup(bridge) and a more chunkier sound for my neck pickup. stuff i play ranges from slow paced doom stuff, to mid paced stuff like savatage, x Japan, DT and some classical stuff like mozart. and also some fast paced stuff like malmsteen, vai and CoB.

need something that sounds good both clean and distorted.

and is it possible to mix an active pickup with a passive pickup? will it fuck around with the frequencies?
----

-Zakk Wylde
20.02.2007 - 04:28
JHammer
Account deleted
When you chose pickups there are factors involved. What type of guitar and what type of amp.

Active pickups run on batteries like EMG's Passives are just that passive , wired strait in. Some say actives sound more sterile and passive more natural. Its all preference.

You can run both together,they just need to be on seperate circuits. You can hear samples on the Seymour Duncan site they make both active and passive. A good band to check out for a killer EMG sound is Vital Remains. Tony always uses them and Dawn of the Apocalypse has perfect examples of what can be done with them.Hope that helps. J.