Metal Storm logo
Cacophony

19.05.2006 - 12:25
BlindedByFear
Account deleted
Have someone here on MS heard this band? It is mainly with Jason Becker and Marty Friedman, its kind of a shred/neoclassical band. Well i think they are awesome even if they just put out two albums before they were disbanded.
19.05.2006 - 20:18
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Great band. I love them. I've only heard "Speed Metal Symphony", it has some of the greatest guitarwork.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
22.05.2006 - 09:26
BlindedByFear
Account deleted
Whats your favorite songs? yeah SMS is the best album even if the second "Go off" is a cool one. My favorite tracks is Concerto, Ninja, Desert Island, Floating World and Images, those songs are just great.
23.05.2006 - 09:02
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
I have both albums and they both rule, after listening to them I was intrigued to find out more about Jason Becker, that's how I found about his illness but I also found out that he had some albums released so I went and bought "Perpetual Burn" & "The Raspberry Jams". Now comming back to Cachophony my favorite tracks are: Burn the Ground & XRay Eyes
23.05.2006 - 12:32
BlindedByFear
Account deleted
Yeah "perpetual burn is simply amazing.. anyways, whats your fav tracks from Go Off?
23.05.2006 - 14:24
Ridden Disease
Account deleted
I love jason B, great guitar player and guy.
I love there new Classical songs.
The Vocals Suck :S
Drumming is nice. Riffs -ok.
Great guitar work.

Many people think that Speed metal symphony is vai's work. thats very sad.
23.05.2006 - 21:55
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
I said that my favorite track from "Go Off" is X-Ray Eyes.
23.05.2006 - 23:22
Otis
Account deleted
hahaha! I used to LOVE Cacophony. I think i still have "Go Off" somewhere in storage.

My favorite tracks were "X-ray eyes" and "Stranger"

Its great to know i wasnt the only one listening to them. haha.
24.05.2006 - 00:20
Krysling
Account deleted
I've heard Go Off and Jason Becker solo album Perspective. Awesome music. The instrumental Images is one of the best I've ever heard.
24.05.2006 - 11:41
BlindedByFear
Account deleted
Some more amazing songs is Concerto, Desert Island, Ninja (very good guitar intro). I aslo like Floating World
06.08.2006 - 01:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know them thay are in BNR metal and actuatly they are just like Yngwie Malmstien, and that kind of bands, probobly thats why tgahy didnt surviewe, because in that age people was tired of this emsuic, thay start to late, because bands like Joe Satrianni and Steave Vai domain in scene, then Yngie and Cacophony I searching them secend album, I know firts and why thay arent in vibrationsofdoom?

And in this band didnt play megadeath guitarist or drummer, I find them becaus eof conection.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.10.2006 - 01:38
WindMyth
Account deleted
I love this band, it makes me become fanboy lol.
Those guitars are excellent, 1 of them came from Metallica, I think, this band is much better than Dragonforce where both guitars are played.
23.06.2007 - 06:44
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Them this band is amazing! Although I havent heard their second album, Symphony of Speed Metal is a really good album, and I also think that it is a most have for any guitar player =P
----
23.06.2007 - 13:42
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Bad English on 06.08.2006 at 01:08

I know them thay are in BNR metal and actuatly they are just like Yngwie Malmstien, and that kind of bands, probobly thats why tgahy didnt surviewe, because in that age people was tired of this emsuic, thay start to late, because bands like Joe Satrianni and Steave Vai domain in scene, then Yngie and Cacophony I searching them secend album, I know firts and why thay arent in vibrationsofdoom?

And in this band didnt play megadeath guitarist or drummer, I find them becaus eof conection.

Yes, Marty Friedman (ex-Megadeth) was half of Cacophony.

I got 'Speed Metal Symphony' a few weeks ago, it's such a wankfest, but done so awesomely that you can't help but shut up and listen to it. Jason Becker's illness is a really sad thing, he was cut down right in his prime. Apparently he's composed this massive symphony, by communicating solely with his eyes. I'll try and find that sometime soon...
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
24.06.2007 - 18:21
RavenLord
Written by Guest on 10.10.2006 at 01:38

I love this band, it makes me become fanboy lol.
Those guitars are excellent, 1 of them came from Metallica, I think, this band is much better than Dragonforce where both guitars are played.

Megadeth. Marty Friedman began his solo career with the 'Dragon's Kiss' LP after he left Cacophony, which he sent to Megadeth to audition when Jeff Young was kicked out/left (could be either, with Mustaine...). Jason Becker then went on to a spot with David Lee Roth's band, which was when he was (sadly) diagnosed with ALS. His story is really uplifting, though...I can't wait until they release the movie based on his story!
----
24.06.2007 - 20:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Judas - I post long ago here so i shood discovere them for new again
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.06.2007 - 06:35
ASiema113
MMMM....good band got there SMS album I just by chance came by this band, glad I did though. And they do sound like Yngwie to the point as they both play neoclassical, but to me I think Becker puts more feel into his music rather then just blazing speed although Black Star is a standout song for Malmsteen but in my opinion he's a bit overrated. Glad to know that Becker is still making music not to mention still alive! here's a quote from an interview in the G1 March 2007 "I am not sure if it was ALS or just time that changed my outlook on my music. Not being able to play guitar anymore has made me focus more on beautiful melodies and soul-stirring stuff. Those qualities were always in my music, but there was also a desire to kick your ass and blow your mind. Now I want people to feel something so deep that they can't help but reflect and make positive changes in themselves." Well if anyone can get it done Becker would be the one to do it, I would like to see how his music and style has changed from his yo-yo shredding days .

Long Live the Speed Metal King
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.