Metal Storm logo
People that turn pop music in metal at youtube

16.01.2013 - 17:58
Porlaneff
Hello metalstormers.

I saw on Youtube several users that put videos with pop songs recorded like metal. I don't remember now, but one of them is bliix, he take songs like Gangna Style, erase the instrumental and adds guitar and drums.

Nine to 15 years ago, I would hate - because at this time I was a little "extreme" - bu today, I like a little bit. Of course that doesn't work with all pop songs, but I taught very interesting - by no-bias point of view.

Anyone here knew about these guys - besides me, of course?
----
Metal is the law
The law is the metal
Metal the law is
Metal
(Metal is the Law - Massacration)
16.01.2013 - 18:24
Edmund Fogg
Well you have Andy Reinfelt (not sure spelled that one correctly) that turns both Metal into Pop songs and Pop songs into Metal. But my favorite one is his Country version of a Nelly song. The guy is a genius. You also have Ten Masked Men that do Death Metal covers of Pop songs. Sometime Mat Thrash will transform a pop song in an instru prog fest...
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
16.01.2013 - 19:10
Fritillaria
Account deleted
What's the point in doing this ? I mean is it for fun ? trolling ? what ?
16.01.2013 - 19:48
Zombie94
Written by Guest on 16.01.2013 at 19:10

For fun mainly. And for laughs.
16.01.2013 - 20:37
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish

Because of the awesomeness.

16.01.2013 - 21:11
IronAngel
I wish good non-metal bands made covers of good metal songs, to be honest. I imagine Low covering Warning would be an eargasm. I have no interest in humorous covers.
16.01.2013 - 22:18
Uldreth

Not a fan of this type of metalcore unless they are called The Word Alive or Memphis May Fire but I have to say this is (perhaps unintentionally) hilarious.
17.01.2013 - 00:06
Edmund Fogg
Written by IronAngel on 16.01.2013 at 21:11

I wish good non-metal bands made covers of good metal songs, to be honest. I imagine Low covering Warning would be an eargasm. I have no interest in humorous covers.

That would be great to hear. The only names that come to mind is a semi-good "chick singer" turning Old School Metal/Rock songs into "chick flick" soundtrack music.
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
17.01.2013 - 01:12
Jtbmetal123
Written by Azarath on 16.01.2013 at 20:37

That's hilarious!!!!!!
03.05.2013 - 13:32
noelgarcia
Hi Porlaneff,

Music is an essential part of youngster's life who loves to spend their time dancing and mingling. Whether it is a private party or a club, music plays an important role in setting the mood for the people present there. Playing the right kind of songs at a get together or a club can help people enjoy the evening. The past two decades have given us an incredible number of songs, bands, and artists dedicated to dance music;
1.Waiting For Tonight | Jennifer Lopez
2.Everytime We Touch | Cascada
3.Sandstorm | Darude
4.Poker Face | Lady Gaga
5.I Gotta Feeling | Black Eyed Peas

So, if you are searching for the best songs that you can play, than you can take help of good websites like www.musicforte.com or others they will give you the best club music of contemporary and classic times.
04.05.2013 - 01:47
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook

All of this.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
04.05.2013 - 04:51
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin

funny how a woman with a piano can make it almost peaceful, yet still horribly creepy.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
04.05.2013 - 16:16
nasmith
Written by Azarath on 16.01.2013 at 20:37

That video says unavailable :/
04.05.2013 - 16:29
nasmith

Dude, listen to the Raintime cover of "Beat It." Damn good cover. And there are also death metal versions by Jameson and Ten Masked Men that are okay but sound more like a joke tbh (even though I like death metal).
04.05.2013 - 18:29
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Epic.

----
rekt
06.05.2013 - 02:01
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Written by nasmith on 04.05.2013 at 16:16

Hmm, apparently it doesn't exist anymore. It may or may not have been this. Sounds similar enough.
07.05.2013 - 04:07
Thrashette
Written by Azarath on 06.05.2013 at 02:01

Written by nasmith on 04.05.2013 at 16:16

Hmm, apparently it doesn't exist anymore. It may or may not have been this. Sounds similar enough.

lol I sent that video to my friend whose a huge Taylor Swift fanboy in attempt to get him into better music. It didn't work :/

Anyways, I think it makes mainstream music more tolerable to metalheads in the sense that when we hear it or see lyrics, we'll think of the metal version instead. Or at least that's how my mind works. And yea, some people probably have a lot of fun making these and others have fun listening to them, so why not