Metal Storm logo
As I Lay Dying - Frontman Arrested In Murder Plot Against Wife (Update II)

UPDATE on 10.05.2013: There have been new developments on the Tim Lambesis' case. Remember that he was arrested for allegedly seeking the help of an undercover detective to have his estranged wife killed. UT San Diego is now reporting that he has pleaded not guilty at his arraignment in Vista Superior Court to a single count of solicitation for murder. He faces up to nine years in prison if convicted.

During the arraignment, Judge Martin Staven set Lambesis' bail at $3 million. If he posts bail, the judge said, Lambesis will have to surrender his passport and wear a GPS device to monitor his whereabouts. Staven also ordered the defendant to stay away from his wife, Meggan Lambesis, and their three children. You can watch a video of the arraignment over here.

Several of Lambesis' family members and friends, including some of his bandmates, appeared at the hearing Thursday. Many of them submitted letters to the judge showing their support for the defendant.

Prosecutors said a recording exists of Lambesis giving the officer an envelope with cash, home gate codes and pictures of Meggan, alleging the musician told the officer to kill her while he was with their children in order to establish an alibi. Deputy District Attorney Claudia Grosso alleged that Lambesis had also engaged in extramarital affairs and emailed Meggan to state he had fallen out of love with her and stopped believing in God.

The alleged target of the plot, Lambesis' wife, told the judge she feared for her life and was unsure if there were additional hits put out on her. Lambesis' attorney disputed those claims, saying his client did not intend to harm anyone and calling the case the result of a "scumbag snitch setup."

A readiness hearing was set for June 10th and preliminary hearing for July 10th.

UPDATE on 09.05.2013: As I Lay Dying have finally released a statement concerning the recent situation involving their frontman Tim Lambesis who was arrested allegedly after seeking the help of an undercover detective to have his estranged wife killed.

The band commented on the matter: "To our fans, as we post this, the legal process is taking its course and we have no more information than you do. There are many unanswered questions, and the situation will become clearer in the coming days and weeks. We'll keep you informed as best we can.

Our thoughts right now are with Tim, his family, and with everyone else affected by this terrible situation - and with our fans, whom we love and draw strength from. Thank you for understanding, and as always, for your support of As I Lay Dying. Jordan, Nick, Phil, and Josh."

Original news, published on 08.05.2013

This all sounds like a crazy movie, but according to Reuters, As I Lay Dying frontman and co-founder of the band Tim Lambesis was arrested on Tuesday in California at an Oceanside business on charges that he sought the help of a hitman to murder his estranged wife, who resides in Encinitas. The band in recent days had been touring in Asia.

Police had previously learned Lambesis was looking for someone to carry out the killing, San Diego County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Jan Caldwell said. "The information came to us late last week. We acted quickly on it. I believe that we averted a great tragedy," she said.

Lambesis' wife, Meggan, reportedly filed papers in San Diego Superior Court in September 2012 seeking a dissolution of marriage.

Tim Lambesis is now expected to appear in court for an arraignment on Wednesday or Thursday. Neither the band nor their label Metal Blade have made any comment as of now.

The Sheriff's department official statement

[Also thanks to WorpeX for sending in this news!]

Source: reuters.com
Band profile: As I Lay Dying
Posted: 10.05.2013 by DaMaGeR

Comments page 2 / 3

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 75   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 521 users
08.05.2013 - 23:32
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Quote:
that he sought the help of a hitman to murder his estranged wife

Okay?,.............uh, hitman.

09.05.2013 - 00:57
Machiavelli
Account deleted
Written by bloodface on 08.05.2013 at 18:58

Written by X-Ray Rod on 08.05.2013 at 16:42

Written by UnknownCheese on 08.05.2013 at 16:31

Written by bloodface on 08.05.2013 at 16:25

From the looks of the replies this may just be a contest to see which user can be the biggest asshole.

As opposed to the guy who tried to have his wife killed?

+1

yeah...you two giggly einsteins give each other a high five. good one. it's not as if i was directing my comment at certain replies about women/wives.

You're just fucking buttsore because you opened yourself up for easy OWNAGE and are likely an AILD fan... I'm not sure which one you should be more ashamed of... I'm embarrassed for you.
09.05.2013 - 01:00
Machiavelli
Account deleted
Written by Silent Creeper on 08.05.2013 at 22:41

{This may be totally fabricated but} I blame the steroids! (and don't forget that he is Arnie fan)

Possibly... the bum darts (steroid needles) these guys use can make you rage.
09.05.2013 - 01:02
Machiavelli
Account deleted
Written by Slayer666 on 08.05.2013 at 21:43

Be a fucking man and do it yourself, you goddamn pussy.

Do yourself in, stupid psycho.
09.05.2013 - 01:21
Zangado1
Now he will have some inspiration to write a new song while he is in jail being leroy's biatch....
09.05.2013 - 02:49
Mattybu
Written by Guest on 09.05.2013 at 00:57

You're just fucking buttsore because you are likely an AILD fan... I'm not sure which one you should be more ashamed of... I'm embarrassed for you.

You go girl, tell him to be ashamed of his music taste! (sarcasm alert)

And to be honest, it's perfectly reasonable for a fan of the band to be upset from news like this.
09.05.2013 - 03:08
Machiavelli
Account deleted
Written by Mattybu on 09.05.2013 at 02:49

You're just fucking buttsore because you are likely an AILD fan... I'm not sure which one you should be more ashamed of... I'm embarrassed for you.

And to be honest, it's perfectly reasonable for a fan of the band to be upset from news like this.

You gonna cry too?... pussy.
09.05.2013 - 03:13
Saiyanity
Damn, I really hope this isn't true. I never liked AILD, but I'm really digging his new project Pyrithion :/
09.05.2013 - 03:38
Mattybu
Written by Guest on 09.05.2013 at 03:08

Was just pointing out that you're bringing the comment quality down to youtube levels, it isn't always so high here but parental-neglected macho elitism isn't exactly making you look like the bigger man xD
09.05.2013 - 04:18
Machiavelli
Account deleted
Written by Mattybu on 09.05.2013 at 03:38

Written by Guest on 09.05.2013 at 03:08

Was just pointing out that you're bringing the comment quality down to youtube levels, it isn't always so high here but parental-neglected macho elitism isn't exactly making you look like the bigger man xD

Keep opening you stupid mouth and people will call you on your bullshit... it is very simple, fool.
09.05.2013 - 06:34
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
This news has some of the funniest comments I've ever read, oh Metalstormers, you never cease to amuse me.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
09.05.2013 - 07:19
\LACER|A|TIONS/
Account deleted
Who is As I Lay Dying? and why didn't he kill her himself? All well...
09.05.2013 - 08:25
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
This is completely preposterous. All this over an undissolved marriage? Just fucking leave. Or something.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
09.05.2013 - 09:10
Uldreth
Written by Guest on 09.05.2013 at 04:18

Keep opening you stupid mouth and people will call you on your bullshit... it is very simple, fool.

Which is exactly why you are getting flamed.
09.05.2013 - 10:24
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Award for the most ridiculous rants of the year go to Machiavelli. Is that guy for real?
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
09.05.2013 - 11:15
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Ace Frawley on 09.05.2013 at 10:24

Award for the most ridiculous rants of the year go to Machiavelli. Is that guy for real?

Should we call YouTube and tell them we've got one of their kids?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
09.05.2013 - 12:41
Machiavelli
Account deleted

No, I'm a fucking internet-bot slamming your worthless opinion... are you really this stupid?
09.05.2013 - 12:44
Machiavelli
Account deleted
Written by M C Vice on 09.05.2013 at 11:15

Should we call YouTube and tell them we've got one of their kids?

Perhaps we should all LOL at how AILD fans are apologizing for what is clearly a case of psychotic stupidity.
09.05.2013 - 16:49
Jtbmetal123
This is insane, I mean honestly. Come on.
09.05.2013 - 17:37
cossaisVendeurs
As My Wife Lays Dying
09.05.2013 - 19:38
growl_kid
Written by cossaisVendeurs on 09.05.2013 at 17:37

As My Wife Lays Dying

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ........................
10.05.2013 - 02:13
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
He plead Not Guilty at the arraignment today, so there must be something the police haven't mentioned yet if he feels confident enough to plead Not Guilty.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

10.05.2013 - 13:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
As m penis lays dying in the jail whyle ganga banga gangsta motha fucka invovda his assaholla

IMO he will go to jail, since undercover cop was like a hit man
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.05.2013 - 15:20
SSM
Massacred
That Deputy District Attorney Claudia Grosso allegation reminds me of Religulous!
Anyway, if they've got some evidence ("a recording exists!"), I think the band needs a new man behind the microphone.
10.05.2013 - 15:40
Jimbul2
Account deleted
Guys you're putting this way out of proportion, everyone makes mistakes! Some people forget to turn off the lights when leaving a room, and others hire hitmen to murder their wives. Oooooops!
10.05.2013 - 15:55
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
You can't make this stuff up....
----
rekt
10.05.2013 - 16:37
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
The real losers here are his kids. Sucks they have to be put through this.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
10.05.2013 - 19:03
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Exactly, I feel sorry for those three kids.
10.05.2013 - 20:22
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Hahahahahaha "I DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD ANYMORE. OFF WITH YER HEAD!"
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
10.05.2013 - 20:58
ChadwickAndo
Account deleted
Written by Boxcar Willy on 10.05.2013 at 16:37

The real losers here are his kids. Sucks they have to be put through this.

It almost seems like they have been suffering for a while now.

Hits total: 10743 | This month: 16