Metal Storm logo
Cult Of Luna - Justin Broadrick Remixes Track, Streaming Online

Sweden's Cult Of Luna have revealed a new remix from legendary artist and producer Justin Broadrick (Godflesh, Jesu). Broadrick tackles the track "Vicarious Redemption" from their most recent studio album Vertikal released in January. You can stream the track through Soundcloud, which is available below.

Broadrick commented: "It was both a pleasure and a challenge to work on such an sprawling epic song. (There was) so much material to choose from and to attempt to refocus in my own context, and a challenge to make something new and concise which resonates like the original."

Adds Cult Of Luna's Johannes Persson: "When I was 14 years old, my friend taught my how to play guitar. We spent hours listening to songs and then trying to play them. One of the records he had was the Streetcleaner LP that since has been continuously in my rotation for almost 20 years, so listening to Justin's remix of 'Vicarious Redemption' kind of felt like going full circle. Justin has created something new with the elements of the song which, in my opinion, is the only way to justify a remix."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Cult Of Luna
Posted: 24.05.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 29 users
24.05.2013 - 22:09
InnerSelf
proofread free
I love how I could've never told it's the same song without the name written above it !
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.

Hits total: 2107 | This month: 4