Metal Storm logo
Yngwie Malmsteen

20.05.2006 - 00:18
Soliloquy
well, here it is. in the older MS, there was a thread made for yngwie, but it was just talking about how cocky he was.

true, he is cocky, but he is also incredible. sometimes called the 3rd fastest guitarist when it comes to shreding(Angelo Batio and Chris Impellitteri being the first and the second). and with his mixes of viberto and classical elements in his music, it makes an awsome blend.

and according to wikipedia, he might be one of the reasons why metal died out, and grunge came in. apperently people were finding him a lil self-indulged and too technical and un-emotionally driven.(haha, crazy emos).

what i really like about his is the classical touches in his music. his style is sort of similar to mozarts music(and mozart was pretty cocky himself) not that that is a bad thing.

but anyways, what do you guys think of him? love him? hate him? had a brother/sister/friend try playing his stuff and then commit suicide since they failed? yeah...i failed too, but meh.

by the way, does anyone know how the fuck do you pronouns his fucked up name?! yung-wee? engien? i dont get it...
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
20.05.2006 - 01:42
Horlequism
Account deleted
He's a bit of a self-important, concided, ego-maniac...he's an amazing guitarist though and that's all that matters...I think a lot of people hate Malmsteen for the wrong reasons...like, so what if he's constantly repeating the same arpeggios...he's just trying to push the fusion of classical music and metal...his greatest album in my opinion is Trilogy
20.05.2006 - 14:28
satanz.son
Account deleted
He's not just good he's one of the best guitarist ever ... his stuff is cool
20.05.2006 - 15:47
Soliloquy
Written by Author on 20.05.2006 at 06:30

Well...Sorry, but my thread on Yngwie's ego is back!!! Yeah I know...it was very polemic...but anyways...What Im saying is that he cant go on saying you're an asshole just cause he is a good guitarist...

wait...you are saying that i am saying that you're an ass hole because he is a good guitarist...? im not calling anyone an asshole
----

-Zakk Wylde
21.05.2006 - 04:12
Aresius
Account deleted
Oh... Im not saying that...Dont get me wrong man ...Nevermind...
21.05.2006 - 04:55
Soliloquy
i'm sort of confused as to what you mean...but meh

anyways, its weird that i made this topic, coz i dont really know much about him. so i was getting a few songs, and fell in love with black star. any other recomendations?
----

-Zakk Wylde
21.05.2006 - 08:33
Horlequism
Account deleted
Written by Soliloquy on 21.05.2006 at 04:55

any other recomendations?

Far Beyond The Sun, I'll See The Light, Tonight, Rising Force, Faster Than The Speed Of Light, Demon Driver...other great classics...
25.05.2006 - 19:34
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
Yngwie Malmsteen is fabulous .. ofcourse
One of the best guitarplayers alive!

(I voted for him in the poll )
24.06.2006 - 02:12
Jaded_Mind
Account deleted
Yngwie Malmsteen is the master..he's a genius!! He has an infinite talent I cud just listen to his music forever n I also like his personality..he's a really tough man.I believe he's the best guitarist ever!! Evil Eye and Devil In Disguise are my best for him.
24.06.2006 - 07:41
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Trilogy is his best album, Dio's vocals are outstading and generally speaking is the most epic shit ever... I love every single track on it...

He had released very shity stuff though.
25.06.2006 - 15:41
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Yngwie Malmsteen - Working On New Album :

According to Yngwie Malmsteen's official website, the Swedish guitar legend has begun work on a new album. Currently there are no further details. More information will be available as soon as it is confirmed by Malmsteen's management.

(Website : http://www.yngwie.org)
----
Your favorite band sucks.
25.06.2006 - 20:15
fire101
Account deleted
I love Yngwie's work. Hes a guitar genius. The only fault I find wirth his playing is lack of emotion.
09.07.2006 - 15:14
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
Im looking forward to the new album.
09.07.2006 - 17:31
BlindedByFear
Account deleted
Well Yngwie has meant alot to me as a guitarrist, and my favorite tracks are Far Beyond The Sun and Icarus Dream Suite.
19.07.2006 - 02:53
Lenore
Account deleted
Well obviously a great guitair player and very obviously well aware of that. Saw a concert with him at a festival a year ago, good music but an over a half hour long guitar solo can be a bit to much though.

Funny thing, when I first heard of him and saw him in an interview on swedish TV like 12-14 years ago I thought he was some kind of joke figure of an hard-rock artist, like noone could have that much ego whitout beeing ironic really.
31.07.2006 - 00:07
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
i prefer kat' ego...hehehe
06.08.2006 - 10:18
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
His first album is his best for me,just love those songs like Far Beyond The Sun,but I also enjoy every album with Jens Johansson because he himself is a fucking god. Yes Yngwie has a huge ego,but i mean seriously look how fucking good he is. He has every right to have that huge ego. He is however besides certain songs boring as fuck to listen to.
06.08.2006 - 10:21
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
His first album is his best for me,just love those songs like Far Beyond The Sun,but I also enjoy every album with Jens Johansson because he himself is a fucking god. Yes Yngwie has a huge ego,but i mean seriously look how fucking good he is. He has every right to have that huge ego. He is however besides certain songs boring as fuck to listen to over long periods of time.
20.08.2006 - 16:25
3head
Account deleted
IMHO the first album is the best one, actually, it is a masterpiece! The second one is really good too. Even though I'm not too crazy about the other ones, and even in spite of his ego and attitude, he is always been an amazing guitar player. I've seen him live twice at his peak (85 and 86) and it was mindblowing! Seeing this thread got me in the mood to see him live again, hopefully he'll come to NY soon. I've gotta check his tour dates! . . .
22.08.2006 - 00:42
Dead Ohlin
Mo.Panahi
His guitar talents are undeniable and his style is unlike any other,
he doesn't do himself justice by staying so limited within the bounds
of typical hard-rock music.
----
A man's dead body must always
have been a source of interest to
those whose companion he was while he lived ...
22.08.2006 - 18:30
Olddoggie
Account deleted
take a look at this...Harmony Overture 1622

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rw1PKGlukU
12.09.2006 - 19:38
peavy
Account deleted
For me he's not only the best guitarist to ever walk this planet, but the greatest musician ever!!!

13.10.2006 - 01:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Author on 25.06.2006 at 20:15

I love Yngwie's work. Hes a guitar genius. The only fault I find wirth his playing is lack of emotion.

I didnt understand what you say about emotions?

I had seen eh play whit out it or thay are cool he dont show them, how Jimi Hendrix done it, but his muisc, imnstrumental tuff are great, whit vocals too, but not so, it remainds me lil glam
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.10.2006 - 01:22
fire101
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 13.10.2006 at 01:06

Written by Author on 25.06.2006 at 20:15

I didnt understand what you say about emotions?

I had seen eh play whit out it or thay are cool he dont show them, how Jimi Hendrix done it, but his muisc, imnstrumental tuff are great, whit vocals too, but not so, it remainds me lil glam

I agree wholehartedly. Hes awesome. He just lacks emotion. Look at, say, Rand Rhoads work in Goodbye to Romance. THAT is emotion.
25.11.2006 - 17:27
danzig111
Account deleted
I only listen to his Instrumental works, it is amazing! I have a huggge weakness for Neo-Classical Guitarring

I'm actually listening to "Trilogy Suite Op. 5" right now

oh and Soliloquy, i believe his name is pronounced "ING-Vee"
29.08.2007 - 13:35
ScabbeD'~
He is Great and has a Best instrumental songs...
best guitarist from past up to now...with very special Mood & Style...
"""Icarus Dream Fanfare"""
30.08.2007 - 05:15
selken
Irreligious
Can someone recommend me three albums from him?, I want to buy some albums but I cannot buy them all...
I also heard that stratovarius' sound is like his, is that true?
----
30.08.2007 - 18:37
Baz Anderson
Staff
I would recommend his first three - "Rising Force", "Marching Out" and "Trilogy"
and if you can stretch to four, then get the forth "Odyssey" as well.

I am not too familliar with his later stuff though, so maybe there is something in there worth listening to, but I don't know about it either if there is
24.09.2007 - 03:59
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
WOW!!!

I haven't listened to thsi guy in monthes upon monthes, I finally started listening to him again, ORGASMIC!

Critics say he has no emotion, but in song, "Crying" , possibly there is some feeling there?
25.04.2008 - 09:04
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
you know, i'm not into yngwie's work as i want, but the great vocalists that has been with him ake the music change a lot, and Mats Leven has been wonderful in FAcing The Animal.