Metal Storm logo
Shining - To Re-Record Older Songs For Special Release

Shining has joined forces with Dark Essence Records for a special release. The label will release an album with different Shining songs that hark back to an earlier era for the band. Rather than simply reissuing the original tracks, Shining decided not only to re-record the songs, but re-record them using a number of different vocalists. The album, which will be available in both CD and LP versions will be titled 8 ½ - Feberdrömmar I Vaket Tillstånd and will be unleashed in September this year.

Commenting on the idea behind the album, Shining founder and frontman Niklas Kvarforth had this to say: "Some of you may remember that five years ago we revealed that we had plans to re-record our debut album and then have six different vocalists doing their own interpretations of the songs instead of merely having them singing on the already set paradigms. You may also be aware that recently we have been working extremely hard to reclaim our birthright by releasing older bootlegs through our web-shop in an effort to put an end to this fucking bootlegging bullshit that has been infecting our aura for as long as we've been around. So we thought that since the new Shining full-length album is still in the making now would be the right time to combine a bit of both those projects."

"8 ½ - Febedrömmar I Vaket Tillstånd consist of six songs from the Livets Ändhållplats and Angst era in their original pre-production versions, with newly recorded bass and guitars on top and the malevolent brilliance of Lars Fredrik Fröslie's keyboard magic, which sadly we didn't start using until the sixth album. Six vocalists whom we all find both inspiring and 'otherworldly' have blessed the album with their madness, some of them even in their native languages. At first, my initial thought was that it might turn out a bit too strange. But after hearing some of our classic songs in French, Hungarian and Norwegian I am certain the whole concept will please not only our loyal fan-base but even the contemptuous ones as well."

Source: patriciathomasmanagement.com
Band profile: Shining
Posted: 21.06.2013 by Warman

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 93 users
21.06.2013 - 12:45
J. N.
Account deleted
Kvarforth needs money for new drugs and razorblades.
21.06.2013 - 12:54
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Lol Oh snap! Johan is so meany
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
21.06.2013 - 13:10
J. N.
Account deleted
Written by BloodTears on 21.06.2013 at 12:54
Lol Oh snap! Johan is so meany

You love it.
21.06.2013 - 13:11
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
True.

Anyone knows what "Febedrömmar I Vaket Tillstånd" means? I'm thinking it is a curse word.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
21.06.2013 - 13:26
Skøllgrim
Northern
Written by BloodTears on 21.06.2013 at 13:11

True.

Anyone knows what "Febedrömmar I Vaket Tillstånd" means? I'm thinking it is a curse word.

~ Fever dreams in awake state
21.06.2013 - 13:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 21.06.2013 at 13:11

True.

its fucked up meaning like ''robot moneky hands'' same fuck up meaning
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.06.2013 - 13:56
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Don't ruin 'Angst' - it was your last brilliant album.
21.06.2013 - 14:03
Warman
Erotic Stains
Could be interesting, depends on what songs they do and in what way.
----
21.06.2013 - 19:34
Lit.
Account deleted
God, he sounds like a total hippie here.
22.06.2013 - 10:02
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Sure, I'll take a whack at it.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
23.06.2013 - 19:42
J. N.
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 21.06.2013 at 13:54

Was that supposed to be funny?
23.06.2013 - 19:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 23.06.2013 at 19:42

Written by Bad English on 21.06.2013 at 13:54

Was that supposed to be funny?

look at her Clandestine Cuts Vol. 3 Issue #5 - Great New Demos and EPs post , and you will see
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 2421 | This month: 6