Metal Storm logo
Discuss which albums you're waiting for this year

Original post

Posted by Bitch Boy, 22.12.2006 - 23:20
2007 will be a year with great releases... Which bands and their forthcoming albums are you waiting? What do you expect from them?
30.12.2006 - 00:28
spirit_inblack
harshhead
2007 is going to be a fuckin' great year for metal. A lot of my favorite bands are going to be releasing new material. Here's the bands that are realeasing new material in '07 that I will be looking for:

-Dying Fetus
-Nile
-Wintersun
-Mayhem
-Opeth
-Therion
-Behemoth
-Finntroll
-Pelican
-Anathema

I hope that most of these albums are gonna be awesome.
30.12.2006 - 00:59
Keoren
Account deleted
2007 is going to be one awesome year. I have a complete list of the albums I'm looking forward to, but can't currently find it anywhere. Here are few I could think of (with the help of Wikipedia and that Spinefarm list).

Sonata Arctica
Battlelore
Finntroll
Symphony X
Ensiferum
Dark Tranquillity
Nightwish
Norther
Mors Principium Est
Korpiklaani
Samael
Wintersun
Swallow the Sun (already heard it once, sounded good)
Moonsorrow (same)
Turisas
Metallica (I still have hope...)
Dimmu Borgir (Not really a favourite band of mine, but I've been following them for awhile)
Kalmah
Amoral
Naildown
Viikate

I'm turned on only by looking at this list.
30.12.2006 - 01:19
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Written by Dangerboner on 25.12.2006 at 02:34

I totally forgot about the new Vital Remains, Leng T'che, and Pig Destroyer cd's that I can't wait for. Vital Remains is bringing back Glenn Benton, and even though it will be hard to top their last effort, I'm sure they'll come up with something that's completely boner time. Pig Destroyer is coming out with another concept album and it is expected to be just as fast and unrelentless and their previous albums. Finally, the new Leng Tch'e also sounds like it will be really good. Sven from Aborted said that they are incorporating even more grooves than they did with their previous Leng Tch'e albums, but unfortunately, the lyrics won't be as funny.

Whoa, wait. Pyro did you say a new Pig Destroyer!? I never actually heard they are coming out with anything new. I hope its not like Terrifyer, and more like Prowler In The Yard. I just can't believe I didn't know this! There is going to be a new Aborted album this year too, I forget what it's called, but I can't say i'm looking forward to that. Well, know i'll just have to get a new paracocci... album and i'll be set.
30.12.2006 - 01:26
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Yup, there hasn't been much info at all about the new album, except that they are now a 4 piece band (kinda...the new guy just does live samples and behind the scenes shit), it will be a concept album, and it will be released next year around Spring time. However, other sources say that it will most likely be out sometime around late 2007 or maybe even early 2008, but I really hope not.
30.12.2006 - 03:25
Talvi
Wintersun - Time
Ensiferum - Victory Songs
Turisas
Dark Tranquillity
Megadeth
Symphony X
Korpiklaani
Opeth
Circus Maximus
Gamma Ray
Equilibrium

And don't forget Dream Theater will release a new album too
-----

Of course, also my favorite band, Moonsorrow. But I've already heard that album. Don't think any other will beat that
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
30.12.2006 - 05:35
Hyvaarin
Oh, I forgot -

Dethklok's album!
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
30.12.2006 - 06:42
tubarão
Account deleted
I'm waiting the Virgin Black's trilogy!!!
30.12.2006 - 13:36
Drizzling Blur
Account deleted
Novembers Doom - The Album Cover is shown in their website along with a song, just cant wait to hear this album, i absolutely loved "The Pale Haunt Departure"

The Faceless - I really have no words to say about this band, just perfect, just too perfect, Akledama is every aspiring musicians dream debut album, cannot wait to hear their next album, hopefully they should have some thing really better to offer.

Iron Maiden ? Well maybe, i liked A Matter of Life and Death, hopfully this time next year they should be out with a new album, stalwarts of metal huh ?

Opeth - Well yes to the most of the world they're still the band that puts them to sleep but then its one of my fav bands and i really enjoyed listening to Ghost Reveries, im either expecting a DVD of a show or a really really nice album pretty soon.
30.12.2006 - 13:41
Warman
Erotic Stains
I don't think Iron Maiden will release a new album 2007.
----
30.12.2006 - 14:08
Drizzling Blur
Account deleted
Written by Warman on 30.12.2006 at 13:41

I don't think Iron Maiden will release a new album 2007.

I said maybe too, hopefully this time next year.
30.12.2006 - 15:29
Keoren
Account deleted
Ah, I just heard Amorphis is releasing a new album in 2007. That's a must buy for me.
30.12.2006 - 19:31
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Written by Guest on 30.12.2006 at 06:47

Written by spirit_inblack on 30.12.2006 at 00:28

2007 is going to be a fuckin' great year for metal. A lot of my favorite bands are going to be releasing new material. Here's the bands that are realeasing new material in '07 that I will be looking for:

-Opeth

I hope that most of these albums are gonna be awesome.

I haven't heard anything of this, where does it say Opeth will release an album in 2007...? There is nothing on thier website or myspace or anything like that.

I've heard a lot of people say that Opeth is going to release something new this year, andI believe I heard somewhere that they are going to try to release something this year. They should make a live album.
30.12.2006 - 20:12
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Well,
- Therion
- Sirenia (heard both albums tho already : )
- After Forever
- Theatres Des Vampires
- Trail of Tears
- METALLICA
- Moonsorrow
- Dimmu Borgir

... and more...
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
30.12.2006 - 20:57
Vrana
I'm waiting for Korpiklaani and Wintersun. Nothing more. Or maybe also Therion.
31.12.2006 - 01:26
Talvi
Oh, I just remembered that Elexorien will release their debut album on next year. Check their page, you can listen 3 of their songs. Good viking / battle metal
----
31.12.2006 - 01:52
Bitch Boy
Written by Talvi on 30.12.2006 at 03:25

I didn't know that!!! But Dream Theater always release good albums, so for sure I will get it.
31.12.2006 - 02:36
Talvi
Written by Bitch Boy on 31.12.2006 at 01:52

Written by Talvi on 30.12.2006 at 03:25

I didn't know that!!! But Dream Theater always release good albums, so for sure I will get it.

I've read it in a recent interview to Mr. Portnoy. They should release a new album before summer. But it's not announced officially yet, so that's why there are no news.
----
31.12.2006 - 03:17
Bitch Boy
Written by Talvi on 31.12.2006 at 02:36

I've read it in a recent interview to Mr. Portnoy. They should release a new album before summer. But it's not announced officially yet, so that's why there are no news.

Thank you man!! Hope to hear some news about this soon.
31.12.2006 - 09:41
Lupas
Maximus
I really hope that in 2007 , Nightwish will gives us an album.
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
31.12.2006 - 10:54
Flame
iIn year 2007 i am waiting for Dark Tranquillity, Dimmu Borgir, Manowar, Opeth and Sonata Arctic. Hope they will be good as always.
01.01.2007 - 03:39
Bitch Boy
I noticed in Evergrey's MS page that they've announced an album for next year. I wish they improve from the last one.
01.01.2007 - 04:49
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Queen is supposed to be releasing an album in spring or summer of 2007...a movie is also in the making based on the life of Freddy Mercury with Johnny Depp playing Freddy...a Queen album in 2007 would kick major ass...
01.01.2007 - 12:13
duyhung
Account deleted
I'm waiting for the new albums of Within Temptation and After Forever
02.01.2007 - 04:49
Bitch Boy
I add Iced Earth's Something Wicked 1 and 2, and new Avantasia's.
02.01.2007 - 04:55
dispossessor
Account deleted
Symphony X
Dark Tranquillity
Opeth
02.01.2007 - 05:31
ThisBloodIsYou7
Account deleted
Megadeth is the one im waiting for most. Other than that elvenking and ensiferum. I dotn have too much hope for metallicas new album
02.01.2007 - 05:31
ThisBloodIsYou7
Account deleted
Megadeth is the one im waiting for most. Other than that elvenking and ensiferum. I dotn have too much hope for metallicas new album
02.01.2007 - 18:04
Talvi
BTW, are there news about new albums of Kiuas, Communic, Eluveitie or Outworld?
----
02.01.2007 - 19:16
..HumanError..
Account deleted
Im really looking forward to knowing how these band's next albums are gonna be like : Meshuggah, Norther, Soilwork , Arch Enemy. They are all planning to release a new album in 2007, i think .
17.01.2007 - 15:06
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by Guest on 23.12.2006 at 04:53

and Mayhem's Ordo ab Chao the most.

I came here to post this same album. With Attila back there is Hell to pay. As for other albums... I don't know... perhaps something new from The Beatles or Nirvana?
----
Christless