Metal Storm logo
Megadeth - Release 'Countdown To Extinction: Live' DVD Trailer

Megadeth have unveiled the trailer of their new DVD Countdown To Extinction: Live to be released worldwide on September 24th (September 23rd outside of North America) via Tradecraft/UMe. It will be available in several video and audio configurations, including deluxe Blu-ray/CD, DVD, CD, digital album, and more. The band performed their fifth studio album Countdown To Extinction in its entirety. The album was recorded in Los Angeles in 1992 and released that same year. It became a classic album.

Last November and December, Megadeth went on their Countdown To Extinction 20th Anniversary Tour ripping through their entire double platinum 1992 album from start to finish before performing other classics from their recorded catalog. This show was recorded and filmed at Los Angeles' Fox Theatre last December.

Countdown To Extinction: Live also features all of the other Megadeth classics the band performed, including "Holy Wars" and "Hangar 18" from 1990's Rust In Peace, and "Peace Sells".

Countdown To Extinction: Live tracklist:

01. Intro
02. Architecture Of Aggression
03. Ashes In Your Mouth
04. Captive Honour
05. Countdown To Extinction
06. Foreclosure Of A Dream
07. Hangar 18
08. High Speed Dirt
09. Holy Wars
10. Peace Sells
11. Psychotron
12. Public Enemy
13. She Wolf
14. Skin O' My Teeth
15. Sweating Bullets
16. Symphony Of Destruction
17. This Was My Life 1
18. Trust
19. Outro

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Megadeth
Posted: 21.09.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 98 users
21.09.2013 - 13:35
Zap
What a horrible trailer. I'd rather they just let one or two songs play and have a trailer voice talk over it, instead of 8 songs in a one minute trailer...
21.09.2013 - 15:55
BlueDragon
They used to be one of my favorite bands, these last few years they've gone down the slopes...
21.09.2013 - 16:31
Dylan
Eh.. sounds a bit average. Enjoyed the RIP Live DVD, would have preferred to see a full playthrough of Peace Sells.. than this album.
21.09.2013 - 22:05
Ewokki
Just watching. Much better than RiP live, or Big Four and That One Night-blurays. Better production. Of course, setlist and sound is personal thing. I like this very much. Very big suprise! Gonna watch this many times...
21.09.2013 - 23:03
Zap
Written by Dylan on 21.09.2013 at 16:31

Eh.. sounds a bit average. Enjoyed the RIP Live DVD, would have preferred to see a full playthrough of Peace Sells.. than this album.

Indeed. If they're doing it for CTE and RIP, why the fucking fuck are they not doing it for their best release, Peace Sells?
22.09.2013 - 09:20
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Zap on 21.09.2013 at 23:03
Indeed. If they're doing it for CTE and RIP, why the fucking fuck are they not doing it for their best release, Peace Sells?

There are songs on that album Dave won't play anymore, due to their satanic overtones, and him now being a Christian. "Bad Omen", "The Conjuring", and also I think "Good Mourning/Black Friday", are songs he won't play anymore due to his beliefs.

As for this DVD, those songs really don't suit being played a full step down... they sound weird.
22.09.2013 - 10:24
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
The obligatory crowd shot showing a girl with big b@@bs.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
22.09.2013 - 12:59
Zap
Written by Angelic Storm on 22.09.2013 at 09:20

There are songs on that album Dave won't play anymore, due to their satanic overtones, and him now being a Christian. "Bad Omen", "The Conjuring", and also I think "Good Mourning/Black Friday", are songs he won't play anymore due to his beliefs.

As for this DVD, those songs really don't suit being played a full step down... they sound weird.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Absolutely ridiculous. Especially since "Good Mourning/Black Friday" is one of my favorite Megadeth songs.
And about the full step down, very weird indeed, but I still prefer it to Dave not being able to hit 80% of his notes.
22.09.2013 - 22:03
Draven Edge
Excellent, I really enjoyed the full album Rust in Peace live release, Megadeth will always be one of my favorite bands. I was fortunate enough to meet and interview Marty Friedman, then Nick Menza came and joined me and my friend Ace after Marty left. Cool memories for me. Personally I believe that Megadeth was a much better band with Marty and Nick. As we all have witnessed their albums have lost their creativity and impact since Nick and Marty left. Countdown also brings back memories of a certain 'section' of my life, so it will be cool to see it performed in it's entirety.
23.09.2013 - 19:37
Ewokki
Vocals sounds ok IMO. Not dubbed, i guess, sounds live. Very entertaining live-bluray. Have watched their previous live-dvds, like this most of all. Yes, low tuned guitars, but still sounding good.
28.09.2013 - 18:56
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Zap on 22.09.2013 at 12:59
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Absolutely ridiculous. Especially since "Good Mourning/Black Friday" is one of my favorite Megadeth songs.
And about the full step down, very weird indeed, but I still prefer it to Dave not being able to hit 80% of his notes.

It is ridiculous, and Good Mourning/Black Friday is one of my fave Megadeth songs too...

I know why they started playing a full step down, so it's understandable, but it still sounds weird to me though. lol

Hits total: 4008 | This month: 6