Metal Storm logo
Ayreon - Unveil New Album Preview

And so the time has come for Ayreon fans to discover what the long-awaited The Theory Of Everything album will sound like. Arjen Lucassen, in fact, just posted a YouTube video of the official album trailer, which you can enjoy below. The album will be released on October 28th via Inside Out, and will feature many guest artists, that you can read all about here. Take it all in.

So, what do you think about these first snippets of music? All other details about the conceptual double album can be found here.

Source: insideoutmusic.com
Band profile: Ayreon
Posted: 08.10.2013 by R Lewis

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 50   Visited by: 243 users
08.10.2013 - 17:02
R Lewis
That's gonna be great
----
We could be so much more than we are. Stop.
08.10.2013 - 17:02
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Holy shit.
08.10.2013 - 17:16
Unhealer
Eclecticist
I didn't like "01011001" at all, but I have the feeling this might be even better than The Human Equation.
08.10.2013 - 18:45
Skøllgrim
Northern
Written by Unhealer on 08.10.2013 at 17:16

I didn't like "01011001" at all, but I have the feeling this might be even better than The Human Equation.

I second your opinion, the human equation however.... was great.
08.10.2013 - 18:48
BaneConall
Fart Enthusiast
01011001 is my favorite Ayreon album, so I hope this is more like that one. Human equation had too mane slow drawn out parts. Still a great album though.
08.10.2013 - 19:12
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
The best Ayreon album is of course Into The Electric Castle
08.10.2013 - 20:08
Erik M.
Written by Hex_Omega on 08.10.2013 at 19:12

The best Ayreon album is of course Into The Electric Castle

Totally agreed.

Looking forward to this one, but I don't know enough about it yet to know what I can expect from it.
08.10.2013 - 20:55
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Emerson, Waksman and Rudess?
----
(space for rent)
08.10.2013 - 21:04
Lethrokai
Written by Dane Train on 08.10.2013 at 20:55

I know.

As a keyboardist this album has me extremely hyped just for this. I know it's possibly going to be some minor thing, but just the idea of having the Holy Trinity of the keyboard world on a single album makes my mouth start to froth.
----
Sometimes you just need to roll the dice and look away.
08.10.2013 - 21:07
Lethrokai
Something I noticed when looking at the artwork - it looks like a more colourful version of 01.

Now the music and the lineup seems to be generally confirming my suspicions. It's going to have that similar feel to 01, yet in terms of musical style and quality, it's going to be heading much further into the prog zone, similarly to The Human Equation, and perhaps even moreso The Electric Castle.

Just speculation, but this could be the best Ayreon yet.
----
08.10.2013 - 21:38
Dargor
According to Lucassen, it's musically closer to Into The Electric Castle and lyrically closer to The Human Equation.
I can't find the exact quote at the moment but he mentioned it somewhere on Facebook and/or Youtube.
08.10.2013 - 23:09
CWA
This is interesting. Only four songs each over twenty minutes.
08.10.2013 - 23:51
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
As much as I like Ayreon, especially "The Universal Migrator", this one looks like an overblown, bloated, gigantic pile of steaming pretentious poop.
09.10.2013 - 00:05
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Daniell on 08.10.2013 at 23:51

As much as I like Ayreon, especially "The Universal Migrator", this one looks like an overblown, bloated, gigantic pile of steaming pretentious poop.

The fact Arjen is announced as a "genius" at this beginning of the clip says it all really.
09.10.2013 - 00:13
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite

this one looks like an overblown, bloated, gigantic pile of steaming pretentious poop.

just like all of his solo work.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.10.2013 - 00:14
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 09.10.2013 at 00:05

The fact Arjen is announced as a "genius" at this beginning of the clip says it all really.

that's label marketing for you and has also been done with other solo albums of his.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.10.2013 - 00:18
Dargor
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.10.2013 at 00:14

that's label marketing for you and has also been done with other solo albums of his.

Also I'm pretty sure they are referring to a character in the story ( most likely "The Prodigy") and not to Arjen.
09.10.2013 - 00:19
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted

I always thought Arjen looks like one of those crackpot fortune teller types in promo photos.
09.10.2013 - 00:25
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 09.10.2013 at 00:19

I always thought Arjen looks like one of those crackpot fortune teller types in promo photos.

you shoudl see him in reallife with his hippie blouses and his height of 2.02 metres
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.10.2013 - 06:37
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Dane Train on 08.10.2013 at 20:55

Dude, and John Wetton and Steve Hackett! I'm getting them classic prog feels about all this.
09.10.2013 - 09:24
Zadion
This album sounds like it's going to be extra folky. Sweet.
09.10.2013 - 11:17
mz
I would call this ambitious and not pretentious.
on a side not, I have a feeling that ToE is going to suck
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
09.10.2013 - 19:25
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

That would make it literally one of the greatest albums of all time... any genre.

Also, I LOVE what a down to earth and friendly person Arjen seems to be. He is so involved and passionate about his work, his guests, and his fans. True class act!

EDIT - Also, sad to see that, as usual, a few people have to show up just for the purpose of talking sh** on the artist, ha. The metal community is so self destructive.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
09.10.2013 - 19:42
Opethian
I love how Trolls automatically flocked this topic. I already have my pre order and i cant fucking wait for this! Arjen never fails!
09.10.2013 - 19:51
Opethian
Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 09.10.2013 at 19:25

That would make it literally one of the greatest albums of all time... any genre.

Also, I LOVE what a down to earth and friendly person Arjen seems to be. He is so involved and passionate about his work, his guests, and his fans. True class act!

EDIT - Also, sad to see that, as usual, a few people have to show up just for the purpose of talking sh** on the artist, ha. The metal community is so self destructive.

Thats MS for you I personally do not care for acts like Megadeth or Suicide Silence (To name a couple) but i don't flock every news update and trash the groups. Everyone has his or her own taste in music. There are those individuals who find it hard to respect others The Artist is touring the world and doing what these 'Trolls' will never experience from behind their Computer screen
09.10.2013 - 21:14
Lethrokai

Umm... you are aware that the "genius" is a character from the album, not Arjen, right?

Honestly, I could say that Arjen is one of the most humble artists in the industry by far, as well as being one of the most dedicated to his fanbase. Even his FB/Twitter pages are completely personal and run by him, and he always enjoys idle chit-chat and music discussion with his fans. I actually remember the time when he and I got into talking about our mutual love for Thick As A Brick. Good times...
----
09.10.2013 - 21:23
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Lethrokai on 09.10.2013 at 21:14

Umm... you are aware that the "genius" is a character from the album, not Arjen, right?

Honestly, I could say that Arjen is one of the most humble artists in the industry by far, as well as being one of the most dedicated to his fanbase. Even his FB/Twitter pages are completely personal and run by him, and he always enjoys idle chit-chat and music discussion with his fans. I actually remember the time when he and I got into talking about our mutual love for Thick As A Brick. Good times...

Haha, I didn't know that. But I assume the "genius" is in someway suppose to represent him, like a way of manifesting himself in his music.
09.10.2013 - 21:37
Lethrokai
Written by Guest on 09.10.2013 at 21:23

Haha, I didn't know that. But I assume the "genius" is in someway suppose to represent him, like a way of manifesting himself in his music.

You can never really tell, to be honest, how connected Arjen is to his characters. Normally, they're just symbolic representations of virtues (in the case of THE) or races (as in 01 and TEC). It's one of the things I always liked about Ayreon albums - how well each singer adapted to their part, and how their voice represented the characteristics of said character.
----
09.10.2013 - 22:29
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite

I agree with you. The guy is very likable and nice. I have absolutely nothing against him as a person. I also said that I love some of his music, especially Into The Electric Castle and The Universal Migrator (simply brilliant) . But he suffers from lack of moderation. He records those loooong albums that would be much better if he cut their length in half. Take his latest solo album. Almost 2 hours, and at least 1 hour is completely forgettable. Sometimes less is more. Someone needs to tell him that.
09.10.2013 - 22:30
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
Written by Opethian on 09.10.2013 at 19:42

I love how Trolls automatically flocked this topic. I already have my pre order and i cant fucking wait for this! Arjen never fails!

Because someone has a different opinion, you automatically call them a troll? Or maybe this thread allows only praise and some of us contaminate it with criticism and you oppose that vehemently? Get a fucking life. Or read my other posts about Ayreon.

Hits total: 3987 | This month: 13